DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Morning all...
hope everyone enjoyed the "holiday".

We tried to take in a movie yesterday (one of those animated type things by some company that seems to specialize in such). Was sold out though. Imagine that?
It's all good, we'll just go see it next weekend (but I'll make sure we get advanced tickets this time).
. :rolleyes:

The movie theater in Evansville has the pre-order, reclining faux-leather stadium seating. We buy there in advance and drive 30 minutes over. It is worth it. Our local theater has cloth seats, lice, and rats.

Good man. There's nothing like a well tended bush.

:scared1::eek::scared1:. Back to the Brazilian discussion I see. :lmao:

Morning all from a wet Fredericton NB.

Another soccer win last night for the Kia Lions, moves us to the top of the table. Woohoo!!

Think your team will qualify for world cup in 2026?

It is just beginning. Hopefully mine will be able to buy me dinner soon

I share her stories and pictures with my oldest dd. I told mine she isn't getting out of state tuition though.

Understandable. Belgium may be a team to watch.

They are the loaded super team with the most club players.

Good morning gents. Had an enjoyable day yesterday. The World Cup games were fun to watch and DD came by to have dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Nice conversation with the kid and a good meal. I had the pork belly sliders with fried pickles. Tasty.

Nice pics. Sounds like fun; you've got a pretty good kid there, you know, when's she's not acting like a complete psychopath with a shiv.

Morning all from a wet Fredericton NB.

Another soccer win last night for the Kia Lions, moves us to the top of the table. Woohoo!!

Dusty morning here at the office. Having all our carpets replaced and the current stuff has been down for over 15 years. Lots of lifting and moving office furniture but that's why you have a son and on of his pals.

Congrats on the win! Sorry about the dust! Gross!!!

An update on Randall. Joe Masters posted on FB that he is out of surgery and everything went as planned.

According to Jodi, he's going to be dancing on the cruise in November... Yay for Randall being healthy enough to dance!!! Boo for us having to watch Randall dance!!!!

lol jk buddy, Love ya.

Nice pics. Sounds like fun; you've got a pretty good kid there, you know, when's she's not acting like a complete psychopath with a shiv.

Thanks, it was nice. She only brings out the shiv when a certain person comes around. Wonder why.

According to Jodi, he's going to be dancing on the cruise in November... Yay for Randall being healthy enough to dance!!! Boo for us having to watch Randall dance!!!!

More good news. Watching him dance is a cross you have to bear. How is Jodi holding up?

Great news about Randall, too bad for those of you who will be watching him dance in the cruise.

If you guys get through this cruise, my DW and I have one booked with Carnival leaving Port Everglades on February 29, 2020. Four stop, St Maarten, Antigua, San Juan and Grand Turk. Just in case anyone is interested and looking for another.

Last edited:
Thanks, it was nice. She only brings out the shiv when a certain person comes around. Wonder why.

More good news. Watching him dance is a cross you have to bear. How is Jodi holding up?

She only posted quickly, but seemed positive. Said all went as planned. All good stuff.

Great news about Randall, too bad for those of you who will be watching him dance in the cruise.

If you guys get through this cruise, my DW and I have one booked with Carnival leaving Port Everglades on February 29, 2020. Four stop, St Thomas, Antigua, San Juan and Grand Turk. Just in case anyone is interested and looking for another.

Sounds interesting... May have to check that out!

This is my Father's Day story that some may find amusing:confused3. I did go to work since Sunday's are premium and I have a major Disney addiction I have to support:scared1:. Anyway my FIL was going to come over before dinner and we were going to swap out our wall unit AC, well at least that was the plan, I wanted to make sure the new one worked ( 18,000 BTU ) so I opened the box and I had a problem right off the bat:scared: totally different plug, I need a reg 110v, I think it was a 115v anyway the ground was in the right spot but the other two prongs went - - instead of l l. So I went to the store only to find I would have to run a separate line:rolleyes2. Today was going to feel like 102F, needless to say I did find the size I needed at another store that had 110v (15,000 BTU):).

Now we are ready to take the old one out at about 4:30pm (others were coming over at 6pm). My Father put this unit in about 27yrs ago and was the kind that made sure it would never come apart EVER:crazy2:. After about a hour of not making any gain trying to get it out ( went through caulk, silicone, liquid nails, pieces of sheetrock and wood). By now I had 2 more helpers, Yeah we now have 4 men trying to take out a AC:scratchin. Time to break out the cool tools. My FIL grabbed a 1/2in head 3ft flathead screwdriver (from when my Dad was a Aircraft Mech during Nam ). I was bringing out my air tools from when I worked at body shops in late 80's early 90's ( pro grade no messing around tools), and my BIL grabed a 10lb sledge. :badpc:.

Needless to say we got it out in 4 pieces :rotfl2: and it took almost 3hrs. The new one took 10 mins to install. I probably have about 10hrs of work to fix the area around it inside and out.

My Father passed a couple years ago:littleangel:, he was definitely watchingpopcorn:: and laughing :lmao: and saying look at this it takes 4 men to take out a AC:laughing:, I could almost hear him saying stuff like, What do you think that's going to do?, Let me know how that works out!, You think so! and of course, Yeah that was intelligent:rotfl2:. He definitely made it to our Father's Day dinner:goodvibes.

Last edited:
On the road for business this week so way too late stopping in today. Hope all had a great Father’s Day and just great news about Randall’s today! Nice job today England dan. All have a good week as stops here may be less than normal with the travel - cheers
Good morning gents. Had an enjoyable day yesterday. The World Cup games were fun to watch and DD came by to have dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Nice conversation with the kid and a good meal. I had the pork belly sliders with fried pickles. Tasty.

View attachment 330522

View attachment 330524
Great pick of you and the kid
An update on Randall. Joe Masters posted on FB that he is out of surgery and everything went as planned.
:thumbsup2 Fanflippintastic news!

Not sure about 2026 but 2027 for sure.

I'll book my tickets, hotel, and flight to watch you now.

If you guys get through this cruise, my DW and I have one booked with Carnival leaving Port Everglades on February 29, 2020. Four stop, St Maarten, Antigua, San Juan and Grand Turk. Just in case anyone is interested and looking for another.

Sounds like a great trip.

This is my Father's Day story that some may find amusing:confused3. I did go to work since Sunday's are premium and I have major Disney addiction I have to support:scared1:. Anyway my FIL was going to come over before dinner and we were going to swap out our wall unit AC, well at least that was the plan, I wanted to make sure the new one worked ( 18,000 BTU ) so I opened the box and I had a problem right off the bat:scared: totally different plug, I need a reg 110v, I think it was a 115v anyway the ground was in the right spot but the other two prongs went - - instead of l l. So I went to the store only to find I would have to run a separate line:rolleyes2. Today was going to feel like 102F, needless to say I did find the size I needed at another store that had 110v (15,000 BTU):).

:goodvibes.

Well, he had to mount it in there to make sure no one broke in the house and hurt any of you. Makes sense to me.

Morning boys from a exhilarated for the first 20 minutes, angry for the next hour and relieved for the last 2 minutes London. Job done.
Back at the hospital today for the MRI on my injury, so it's do or die date for the August trip. If they say I can't go and I have to tell Lady K, my leg is gonna be the least of my worries. I'm hiding all the sharp implements now.

That's great news. Who's on tidy up duty? Me and Norm are on the injured list, so I know it's not us.
Nice job today England dan. All have a good week as stops here may be less than normal with the travel - cheers
Cheers Mikey, all the best on the travels. Those posh faucets ain't gonna shift themselves.
More good news. Watching him dance is a cross you have to bear.
I would imagine he looks like a cross bear when he dances.
I probably have about 10hrs of work to fix the area around it inside and out.
Good story mate, I'm sure he was laughing it up watching 4 guys de-installing 1 AC. Liquid Nails is murder to get through. In the UK, that stuff is called "Sticks like Sh*t". I kid you not. That's it's brand name.
Think your team will qualify for world cup in 2026?
Don't Canada get in as a freebie? Japan and South Korea got host nation status in 2002.

Have a good day boys. London out.

Morning guys,

This is my Father's Day story that some may find amusing:confused3.......My Father passed a couple years ago:littleangel:, he was definitely watchingpopcorn:: and laughing :lmao: and saying look at this it takes 4 men to take out a AC:laughing:, I could almost hear him saying stuff like, What do you think that's going to do?, Let me know how that works out!, You think so! and of course, Yeah that was intelligent:rotfl2:. He definitely made it to our Father's Day dinner:goodvibes.

Good story and of course your dad was looking down laughing at you guys.

Morning boys from a exhilarated for the first 20 minutes, angry for the next hour and relieved for the last 2 minutes London. Job done.
Back at the hospital today for the MRI on my injury, so it's do or die date for the August trip. If they say I can't go and I have to tell Lady K, my leg is gonna be the least of my worries. I'm hiding all the sharp implements now.

An exciting win for the Brits. Glad your heart survived it.

Hope the MRI comes out so you can go. May I suggest in addition to hiding the sharp objects, blind instruments can be deadly in the wrong hands. After all, you are not as spry as you were before the injury. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks for posting. Was wondering how he was doing.

:scared:

th

Good story mate, I'm sure he was laughing it up watching 4 guys de-installing 1 AC. Liquid Nails is murder to get through. In the UK, that stuff is called "Sticks like Sh*t". I kid you not. That's it's brand name.

:rotfl2:Truth in advertising.

I've seen people travel on planes with all types of injuries and all types of injuries at Disney...I can't imagine they'd tell you you can't go on vacation.

That's great news. Who's on tidy up duty? Me and Norm are on the injured list, so I know it's not us.
We'll just duct tape a vacuum to your crutch Dan...no problem, glad to help!

:rotfl2: :lmao:
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

The announcer on the US feed is Hispanic and he is giving the broadcast a Telemundo flair with calling the game. Quite fun.

Forgot to mention, DD has a video conference interview tonight for a job she really wants. If you are so inclined, wish her luck.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!