DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

All right! Congrats!

Thanks.

GIttLnm_d.jpg

Now that is funny.

FOR THE MOMENT, THIS IS NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION ANYWHERE ELSE.

The kid got the job! While she is training, it will pay a livable wage which doubles after the 7 month training program. The job has to do with sharks and people interacting with them. They had over 150 applicants and did 6 in person interviews. Thirty minutes into the phone call, they told her they wanted her to start last week but could she be there by mid-September. Guess they wanted her. That is about all I can say now. I can let more out in a few days.

The one problem (for me, not her) is the job is in Hawaii. I've delat with the kid being away at school but now she is going to be 4,850 miles away. This will dramatically change my vacation plans. Europe next year is out and my DVC points will be reallocated to Aulani, maybe the Grand California.

The two of us are in shock.
Great news and congrats to PP and her proud Pappa.
My FP booking was successful. Got the two new Toy Story land rides, plus Midway Mania. I got all the rides that will be new to me - Flight of Passage, Navi River, Frozen Ever After, heck even the "new" Soarin' will be new for me. Plus the usual suspects like Everest, 7 Dwarfs, BTMRR, Space Mountain.
I struggled a bit with Hollywood Studios and the Tier system. To get Alien Saucers, Slinky Dog, and Mania - all tier 1 - I had to burn up 3 days worth of FP, and after Star Tours, RnRC, and ToT, there's not much else worth using a FP on. So I doubled down on Star Tours and got a Fantasmic, which people say isn't really worth it.
Epcot was somewhat similar with FEA and Soarin on tier 1. I didn't get a Test Track FP because I didn't have a third day of FP to burn at Epcot, so I'm hoping to do a stand by rope drop.
Nicely done! Had the same challenges for our trip in a few weeks but got all 3 Toy Story attractions - being at BWV helped and decided to hit HS on our arrival day.

Happy Wednesday. Hoping this week will end soon.

Good tip. Cheers mate.
So, good news and bad news. Bad news is I've got to have surgery in the next couple of days, as the tendon even when flexed back has a 2.5cm gap in it , so it's a total rupture. Good news is the quack is fairly confident I will be definitely weight bearing and maybe even boot free by the trip. The S Florida bit is definitely out though mate, as he said that would be the physio start, so he didn't recommend not being in the country.

All the best to the DD, PP, for the J.O.B., C.J. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It was more the timing of the removal of casts and boots mate to be honest rather than the could I physically make it. Worst case scenario that we gamed out on the FPs was I'll go to the parks and just people watch and stroll, if the rides are pushing my luck. Or get from my room to the Tiki terrace and back.

Sorry to hear about the severity of the injury. Prayers for a full recovery and enjoyable re-scheduled trip.

The kid got the job! While she is training, it will pay a livable wage which doubles after the 7 month training program. The job has to do with sharks and people interacting with them. They had over 150 applicants and did 6 in person interviews. Thirty minutes into the phone call, they told her they wanted her to start last week but could she be there by mid-September. Guess they wanted her. That is about all I can say now. I can let more out in a few days.

The one problem (for me, not her) is the job is in Hawaii. I've delat with the kid being away at school but now she is going to be 4,850 miles away. This will dramatically change my vacation plans. Europe next year is out and my DVC points will be reallocated to Aulani, maybe the Grand California.

Congratulations to her. I can somehow hear the pride from that post. Doing your dream job in a dream location is exactly what we all want for our children? Any chance CJ relocates to Hawaii or the West Coast? Still too early to think about that?

My FP booking was successful. Got the two new Toy Story land rides, plus Midway Mania. I got all the rides that will be new to me - Flight of Passage, Navi River, Frozen Ever After, heck even the "new" Soarin' will be new for me. Plus the usual suspects like Everest, 7 Dwarfs, BTMRR, Space Mountain.
I struggled a bit with Hollywood Studios and the Tier system. To get Alien Saucers, Slinky Dog, and Mania - all tier 1 - I had to burn up 3 days worth of FP, and after Star Tours, RnRC, and ToT, there's not much else worth using a FP on. So I doubled down on Star Tours and got a Fantasmic, which people say isn't really worth it.
Epcot was somewhat similar with FEA and Soarin on tier 1. I didn't get a Test Track FP because I didn't have a third day of FP to burn at Epcot, so I'm hoping to do a stand by rope drop.

Sorry about the bad news part, but at least you won't have to cancel the trip entirely. Hope it all goes well for you.

Awesome news. I can imagine you must have mixed feelings about her moving so far away. But it's something all us Dads may have to face at some point, I guess.

Yeah, I don't like the tier system at DisneyFP either. The express pass at Universal was definitely worth it. You got the good ones though.

Great news and congrats to PP and her proud Pappa.

We both thank you.

Congratulations to her. I can somehow hear the pride from that post. Doing your dream job in a dream location is exactly what we all want for our children? Any chance CJ relocates to Hawaii or the West Coast? Still too early to think about that?

My job is done and I think I did it OK. Now I can put my feet up and relax. As for a relocating, not for now. Before this if I did sell the house, I was thinking downsizing here and finding a small place in Southern Italy (believe it or not). This may change things but not right away.

This is funny. In the mail today there was was personally tailored promotional material for Golden Oak. You know, I can have the magic of a home at Disney starting at 2 million dollars. Man, are they barking up the wrong tree.

Some welcome good news today. Governor Thanos lost in Court today. The Pension Bill passed was found unconstitutional. So, no pension changes and previous system remains in place. Thanos said that he will appeal, but that has to go to KY Supreme Court, and there is no time frame or requirement that they even take the case. If they delay 2 years, then perhaps he will be voted out of office.

We both thank you.

My job is done and I think I did it OK. Now I can put my feet up and relax. As for a relocating, not for now. Before this if I did sell the house, I was thinking downsizing here and finding a small place in Southern Italy (believe it or not). This may change things but not right away.

Southern Italy? Not sure I'd ever leave the USA, unless I'm moving to Canada or England for the free knee surgery. Southern Italy could change to Southern California or southern Hawaii. :lmao:

This is funny. In the mail today there was was personally tailored promotional material for Golden Oak. You know, I can have the magic of a home at Disney starting at 2 million dollars. Man, are they barking up the wrong tree.

I maybe could afford a closet at Golden Oak. Maybe. :sad2:

Awesome news and congrats to her!

This is why you got the Golden Oaks thing, you see they must know that the PP is going to rock it:rockband:, is going to have a show on AP or A&E and will want to get her Dad a great place to live at WDW Golden Oaks so you can be there when every Dad visits WDW and will be the envy of The Dis Dads Club:goodvibes :dancer:

Morning boys from a glorious London. Waiting for a phone call to go in, here's hoping for today or tomorrow. Mum is at Royal Ascot today, so she's gonna be an absolute mess when she gets back. Its basically a huge piss up periodically interrupted by some horses. I went about 10 years on the trot (see what I did there?)

Some welcome good news today. Governor Thanos lost in Court today.
Good news buddy. Let's hope they send that scoundrel down. Thieving is thieving however you dress it up. My faith in our "public servants" could not be any lower right now.
You know, I can have the magic of a home at Disney starting at 2 million dollars.
You don't want the 2 mill one mate, it hasn't got space for the Range Rover and the Maserati. You'd have to leave one out on the drive. I can't think of anything worse.
PP is going to rock it:rockband:, is going to have a show on AP or A&E
And coming up next on TLC, "Shark Shiv"......I can see it now.
I was thinking downsizing here and finding a small place in Southern Italy (believe it or not).
Nice. We love Lecce and the Amalfi coast. We really need to get the kids over there soon.

Have a good Thursday guys. London out.

Happy Thursday folks. Sorry to say I did a little bit of celebrating yesterday and am a bit rough today.

Some welcome good news today. Governor Thanos lost in Court today.

Very good news. Maybe he will get caught in a sex scandal and have to resign.

Southern Italy? Not sure I'd ever leave the USA, unless I'm moving to Canada or England for the free knee surgery. Southern Italy could change to Southern California or southern Hawaii. :lmao:

Loved Italy. Nice climate, good food and wine, and great people.

Awesome news and congrats to her!

Thanks, much appreciated.

This is why you got the Golden Oaks thing, you see they must know that the PP is going to rock it:rockband:, is going to have a show on AP or A&E and will want to get her Dad a great place to live at WDW Golden Oaks so you can be there when every Dad visits WDW and will be the envy of The Dis Dads Club:goodvibes :dancer:

If only. I'd take the handout.

Mum is at Royal Ascot today, so she's gonna be an absolute mess when she gets back. Its basically a huge piss up periodically interrupted by some horses. I went about 10 years on the trot (see what I did there?)

Come on Dover, move your blooming ar$e!

You don't want the 2 mill one mate, it hasn't got space for the Range Rover and the Maserati. You'd have to leave one out on the drive. I can't think of anything worse.

Good point. Mustt must have a multi car garage. Maybe with an elevator for the cars.

And coming up next on TLC, "Shark Shiv"......I can see it now.

She might actually be seen on a show in this year's Shark Week.

Nice. We love Lecce and the Amalfi coast. We really need to get the kids over there soon.

Spent two days in Positano. The Med was a glorious shade of blue. Lovely time there.

CJ, I don't know about the others, but I'd be willing to chip in as much as $500 to help out.

Some welcome good news today. Governor Thanos lost in Court today. The Pension Bill passed was found unconstitutional. So, no pension changes and previous system remains in place.

Glad to hear it, Norm! Nice to get some good news for a change.

Another episode in the life of CJ...
Disney would never consider giving me the chance to toss such a letter into the recycling bin.

Some welcome good news today. Governor Thanos lost in Court today. The Pension Bill passed was found unconstitutional. So, no pension changes and previous system remains in place. Thanos said that he will appeal, but that has to go to KY Supreme Court, and there is no time frame or requirement that they even take the case. If they delay 2 years, then perhaps he will be voted out of office.
Good news from the court system. Delays work in your favor at this point.
Having the higher courts choose not to take it up may be the better thing to hope for.
I'm honestly not so sure that a voting change is quite as likely.
Folks desire to feel superior is generally stronger then their ability to realize that they're harming themselves by doing so.

Got a case of the munchies, do we?

Its basically a huge piss up periodically interrupted by some horses.
We throw a couple parties along those lines over here as well.
It's like a drinking game; if the same house wins three of 'em everyone stays bombed for a week.

And where on earth would he park the Aston...
Never settle.

Happy Thursday folks. Sorry to say I did a little bit of celebrating yesterday and am a bit rough today.
Worth it!

Very good news. Maybe he will get caught in a sex scandal and have to resign.
Again, I don't know...
We had an elected "leader" in my fine home state who did just that.
He was then rewarded by being sent to Congress instead.
The only reason he finally got voted out recently was that it turns out he just wasn't hateful enough.

CJ, I don't know about the others, but I'd be willing to chip in as much as $500 to help out.
Brilliant idea.
I've got $47.53 left in my retirement savings that I could contribute to the cause.

Morning, gents.

:lmao:

Good point. Mustt must have a multi car garage. Maybe with an elevator for the cars.

I don't understand this word "maybe" in this context.

She might actually be seen on a show in this year's Shark Week.

Cool! Definitely would tune in for that one.

Welcome to Summer Guys!!!

The good thing is that the last few days have felt like summer.

Been a busy week here in the office. We are replacing all our carpet and between DS, a friend of his and myself we've been doing the vast majority on the furniture and equipment moving so the installers can just go. The carpet tile stuff seems a lot easier to put down than the traditional carpet I tell you. I do remember why I decided to go back to university though after all the lifting over the last 4 days.

I have read back a bit but more in a glancing fashion. Congrats to the PP Cj, seems like quite the opportunity. Congrats to you too Norm on the big pension win, hope the knee is feeling better. You to Dan, hope the surgery is quick and painless.

So, good news and bad news. Bad news is I've got to have surgery in the next couple of days, as the tendon even when flexed back has a 2.5cm gap in it , so it's a total rupture. Good news is the quack is fairly confident I will be definitely weight bearing and maybe even boot free by the trip. The S Florida bit is definitely out though mate, as he said that would be the physio start, so he didn't recommend not being in the country.

Sorry, Dan, I missed this earlier. Weight-bearing and boot-free by the trip sounds like the best case. Let's hope that pans out! Good luck with the surgery. Make sure they give you some Wolverine claws or something while they're working on you. My daughter's doctor refused for some reason.

Sorry, won't be crying for Argentina.

I've got $47.53 left in my retirement savings that I could contribute to the cause.

Called them today and said I'd like to put down $547.53 and they hung up on me.

I have read back a bit but more in a glancing fashion. Congrats to the PP Cj, seems like quite the opportunity.

Thanks Darcy, it is a great opportunity for her.

Make sure they give you some Wolverine claws or something while they're working on you. My daughter's doctor refused for some reason.

Nice option package with the surgery. I say go for it.

Called them today and said I'd like to put down $547.53 and they hung up on me.
Call 'em back. I'll throw in $20, so that puts you at $567.53. I'm sure that will make all the difference when you talk to 'em.
If that doesn't do it, I'll put in another $2.47 round it off. Then you can tell them you want to put down 570. Maybe they'll think it's 570K instead of dollars.
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter