DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all,

hope everyone is doing well on this lovely Thursday. Snowing here today 2 to 4 inches forecast but right now it's big fluffy flakes so it should be easy to clean up. Suppose to be freezing for Valentine Day tomorrow, DW and I have a date for Costco tomorrow night. Almost 27 years and the romance is still alive.

We're heading into a long weekend here but I have a board meeting scheduled for Saturday so it won't be a true long weekend. Have a great Thursday all!

OH yeah - they've tried that before, but as I recall, the fork was more readily available....so a fork under the pillow worked just as well. :rotfl2:

Whatever they're doing - it's working. We had 2-3 inches over night, not the 5-7 they were thinking and they still chose to cancel school. So inside out PJ's it is!
Have fun! How do you guys handle work when someone has to stay home with the kids?

Morning, Dads! Feeling a lot better today now that the insurance is taken care of, still a lot to do, but I feel a lot better. It's been raining a lot lately here in Massachusetts, but yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day. Today? Back to rain; not sure if it'll rain all day, but it was this morning. Well, not much to report. Have a good day, gents, and we'll chat later.
Glad you are feeling better! It's been gray and rainy over Pittsburgh too, but that's standard for us. I'm starting to forget what the sun looks like

Hope and pray that my wife's school district is closed too!! :rotfl2: (My DW is a teacher in another school district) If not - the grandparents are always available and right down the road! So we're lucky to have them around.
That's really awesome. IDK what we will do in that situation, I guess that'd be a PTO day for me since it's easier for me than my wife. I can work from home, but if our sons daycare closed IDK how much id be able to get done while watching him :jester:

Morning, boys.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Is it me or is time of this year just a difficult one? Weather is really just a downer, the job has been a PITA (more so than usual), DW is in a funk, and my Blackhawks have lost 4 in a row after making a decent push - just a bad stretch I guess. The counter balance to this mess is DS is coming home this weekend, it is Wednesday, I'm almost at the 3 week countdown mark, family is overall very good, Zerf will sharing pics on the other site of his annual pilgrimage to DaWorld and I have you knuckle heads to chat with. So at the end of the day guess I can't complain - cheers!
This post was a rollercoaster!
That's cold, dude! Stay warm! Oh, and don't forget to keep your water running in the house.
brrr...
Nah. We build for these temps. Pipes freezing is a rarity.
He's cool like that. He told me that he's been in my position before, so he's been trying to give me as much transferable skills as possible.
Good boss. ::yes::
If they don't reinstate us, I'm going to let loose my attorney, who's also my mother-in-law, and she's not to be messed with when it comes to the law and the courtroom.
Yikes!

Cave dudes! Cave in!!!!
She's going in for a hysterectomy.
Best wishes for her and a for a speedy recovery.
It is, isn't it? Man, I felt absolutely horrible last night. I almost cried because of all the stress of what's been going on and then that. I just almost lost it.
:hug:
Ford V. Ferrari was really good. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and also knew it wouldn't win any Oscars. I'd like to see 1917 and The Irishman. I could probably watch Once Upon a Time...the others, not so much.
Really want to see FVF, but have to wait until it comes out... somewhere.
INSURANCE IS TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!
They caved!

Glad to hear that. :)
I tried that job. They kept asking for change. :sad2:
:lmao:
Well, I’m in an office building alone at 4:00 in the morning. Night shifts are fun. On the plus side I wear my slippers to work and I have no need to dress up, so there’s that.
I do that all the time... Well... not slippers... but I have seen them around the building. Very loose dress code. As in there isn't one.
Hey gang, today is the big day! We start moving in a couple hours.
Good luck!
Got hit with what I think was a typhoon last night driving home. Rain was coming straight down and sideways - at same time.
Yikes! Not fun.
DW and I have a date for Costco tomorrow night. Almost 27 years and the romance is still alive.
:laughing:

Happy Thursday. More load management today. DW has put me in charge of the Valentine day shopping. So, I bought flowers and favorite chocolates for the girls in the house. I still need to run to the liquor store for me.

Well, I’m in an office building alone at 4:00 in the morning. Night shifts are fun. On the plus side I wear my slippers to work and I have no need to dress up, so there’s that.
Anyway, might as well see what you guys are up to.

Why wouldn't you wear slippers if you could? I'll go with sweat pants and slides when possible.

Hey gang, today is the big day! We start moving in a couple hours. I've got most of our stuff packed up, and my family is going to help move boxes, kitchen appliances, and clean / setup the new place. Then I'll spend tomorrow packing up the stragglers, and saturday the moving truck comes for the furniture. I'm very excited and having a hard time focusing on work

Good luck on the move. Throw as much away as possible.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Got hit with what I think was a typhoon last night driving home. Rain was coming straight down and sideways - at same time. DS coming home tomorrow so that will be good and hey, it's Friday eve!

All the best, don't work too hard

Have fun with your boy. Terrible weather here too.

Yeah, I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the forklift. Just hope I don't bang into anything. And I pulled out my leopard print speedo. Just let that sink in and fester in your brain. :rotfl2:

If you bother to read back a few 100 pages, but who would want to do that, you'll find that 007 sent me a pair of rhinestone encrusted budgie smugglers. Not only do I win, but everyone else loses, badly.

Have fun! How do you guys handle work when someone has to stay home with the kids?

You can't just leave them in the trunk? :scared1:

I have lots of vacation & sick days.

Just got some wonderful news. I don't live in the city but work in there and need to travel through most if it to get to the office. A few days ago the City announced that if the outside works gave a strike notice they would lock them out. Well they gave the 24 hour notice at the end of the day today so they they are now locked out. Suppose to have more snow tonight which means things won't be cleaned out very well tomorrow. This should be fun!

Just got some wonderful news. I don't live in the city but work in there and need to travel through most if it to get to the office. A few days ago the City announced that if the outside works gave a strike notice they would lock them out. Well they gave the 24 hour notice at the end of the day today so they they are now locked out. Suppose to have more snow tonight which means things won't be cleaned out very well tomorrow. This should be fun!
Oh yes. Wonderful news. The best.

Own a snowmobile?

Woohoo! Party at Jeff's office!

Whatever they're doing - it's working. We had 2-3 inches over night, not the 5-7 they were thinking and they still chose to cancel school. So inside out PJ's it is!

We haven't had a single flake of snow here all winter. The kids are getting restless.

And I pulled out my leopard print speedo. Just let that sink in and fester in your brain. :rotfl2:

I was having a good day up till just now.

Suppose to be freezing for Valentine Day tomorrow, DW and I have a date for Costco tomorrow night. Almost 27 years and the romance is still alive.

:rotfl2: If they have the free samples out, it makes for a nice cheap exotic dinner too.

I do that all the time... Well... not slippers... but I have seen them around the building. Very loose dress code. As in there isn't one.

Just put on some pants. That's all we ask.

A few days ago the City announced that if the outside works gave a strike notice they would lock them out. Well they gave the 24 hour notice at the end of the day today so they they are now locked out. Suppose to have more snow tonight which means things won't be cleaned out very well tomorrow.

Stupid government workers.

Just under 2 more hours before I'm done for 3 days.
And lemme tell ya. I can sure use the break.

It sure sounds like it! Hope you get some rest!

Beverley.......Beverley.....Beverley!!

Streets are being plowed by management in the lovely city but apparently the training didn't include how to turn on the salt/sand hopper. Everything has a nice smooth layer of ice/snow. If fact it is so nice it prevented me from stopping in time this morning to avoid hitting a car stopped in the other lane waiting to make a left turn. Could have been completely avoided if a woman hadn't decided to BACK out on to the street right in front of me.

Luckily I have accident forgiveness so it won't cause my rates to go up but it technically it's my fault, at least partly. The office who did the report did give the women a warning for failing to yield to oncoming traffic so he thought that and the plow drivers being on strike may get the insurance company to go after her to pay for the damages.

Happy valentine's everyone!!

Happy Friday. More load management and tennis today. I was watching the Biggest Loser and they said a healthy person can run a 15 minute mile. Well, I got out the laundry hanger, er um treadmill, to test myself. The good news is that I am healthy enough to perform said task. The bad news is that I think I died for a few minutes afterwards.

Flowers were delivered today, more scheduled for tomorrow, and I picked up a bottle of willetts at lunch for myself - great minds.

Saw that picture on FB and wondered what bottle that was. Not sure I've tried that one.

So, wonderful in that you won't have to go to work? Sorry to hear about the accident. When the police cite a driver here for a violation, the insurance always finds them at fault.

Oh yes. Wonderful news. The best.

Own a snowmobile?

A snowmobile would be cool. I've not tried one of those but sure am willing.

Morning gents.
Just under 2 more hours before I'm done for 3 days.
And lemme tell ya. I can sure use the break.
Happy weekend, all.

Remember, don't answer the phone when they call you in.

Happy Friday and don't forget it's VD.

It's called STD now, CBO. Ok?

Stupid government workers.

Not necessarily stupid, but moving at the speed of government.

So, wonderful in that you won't have to go to work? Sorry to hear about the accident. When the police cite a driver here for a violation, the insurance always finds them at fault.

Here's hoping! I would love to avoid paying the deductible to get it fixed just before we leave on our cruise.

Streets are being plowed by management in the lovely city but apparently the training didn't include how to turn on the salt/sand hopper. Everything has a nice smooth layer of ice/snow. If fact it is so nice it prevented me from stopping in time this morning to avoid hitting a car stopped in the other lane waiting to make a left turn. Could have been completely avoided if a woman hadn't decided to BACK out on to the street right in front of me.

Luckily I have accident forgiveness so it won't cause my rates to go up but it technically it's my fault, at least partly. The office who did the report did give the women a warning for failing to yield to oncoming traffic so he thought that and the plow drivers being on strike may get the insurance company to go after her to pay for the damages.

This is obviously Brian's fault. Twokids0204 Sucks!

That sucks Darcy - I'll make sure I drink an extra drink this evening to drown your sorrows.....:drinking1

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 hour driving day to work with team at our manufacturing plant. At least today we have that round orange glow in the sky for the drive. Enjoy the Hallmark Holiday today and enjoy the weekend even more - cheers!

Glad nobody hurt but man that really does suck and a bad way to go into the weekend. A few RBH for you tonight for sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!