DDFL take back the castle 2017 (Updated 10/5/17)

Bethislucy

DIS Veteran
Who: THE DDFL’s

What: Headed back to see the mouse with our newest DDFL

When: November 26 – December 2

Where: Disney of course with resting stops at All-star Movies

You may be asking what is a DDFL. Well it’s a term we coined ourselves with a number of years back. It stands for Disney Dorks For Life. We love all things Disney and can’t wait to head back to the world or if we aren’t headed there talk about when we can. So who are the DDFL’s.

1st up is me. Hi I’m Beth your probably horrible lacking pre-trip writer. I will be 37 when we make this trip. My favorite character is Donald Duck and my favorite park is Epcot and I could spend hours just wondering each country. I found Disney world later in life and this will be my 7th trip.

2nd is Emily aka EE she is my cousin and roommate. She will be 38 on this trip and loves Tinkerbell and the Magic Kingdom. She also like me found Disney world later in life. This will also be her 7th trip She has in the last year found a love for sushi and declares Kona better than morimotos.

3rd is Laura aka mom she is Emily’s sister and my cousin (but she’s like my sister the 3 or us have always been close) she is wife to mark and Mom to L & A. She will still be 35 on the trip and celebrate her birthday a couple days after we come home from the trip. This will be her 6 trips

4th is Mark he is our lone man of the trip but he loves Disney so much it doesn’t bother that he’s with a bunch of women and L is getting old enough now they have some guy time on the trips. Mark will be 35 on the trip and he loves star wars and DHS. This will be his 6 trips

5th up is L who is turning 13 this month (and I struggle to type that he should still be the 4 year old kid I took to Disney when his sister was born) He likes anything and everything Disney. He’s in to star-wars and for the longest time Daisy duck was his first girlfriend. He has been going to Disney since he was a year old. He became an official DDFL in 2015. He has 6 trips as of now and he will be making 2 this year one with school and then this one to bring him to more than any of us with 8.

6th is A who will be 9 going on 19 when we go on the trip. This year for her Birthday we are making her an official DDFL. She likes the magic kingdom and the princesses. They are still real to her while the characters are not L. This will be her 3rd full trip and she had a solo MK day a few years ago. Her favorite character is… are you ready for this Gaston. She turns all red and embarrassed and couldn’t even meet him she was so star struck. We have a video we did when we met her and she blushes every time we play it She cannot wait for the live action B&B to come out. Her favorite park is MK

So here are the DDFL in 2015.
image_zpsi6iunjkp.jpeg

This trip is a day shorter than what we normally plan but we’ve got a lot going on this year so to make the trip financially do able we had to shorten it a day. This will also be a bit like going home. The first year we went we stayed at Movies and we are staying there again. We are hoping to recreate a picture if Donald is still there of us girls and then one with Abby as she wasn’t born when we took the first one.
IMG_0139_zpsegz9jcgh.jpg
We had this whole inside joke with ducks from when we were teens.

We will also have park hoppers this year. Emily & I had them last year and we loved the freedom to move around to less crowded parks so they were a must this time. So for now this is where I will leave you and I promise to try and be better than I was on my Graduation pre-trip report.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Flash back

I didn't do a trip report but thought I would share a few pics from my graduation celebration trip this past Dec. It was just me and Emily for this trip so it was one of our most laid back trips we slept late (for us) and just strolled and hit what we wanted. There were days it was crazy busy and we would hop to a less busy park. We went to AK which was the first time in a bout 6 years did the MVMCP and saw the jingle jam jingle bam show which I thought was very cute. So here are a few pictures.

IMG_0140_zps23jbrig7.jpg

IMG_0141_zps4s9vmy5v.jpg

IMG_0145_zpsvvup1gjo.jpg

IMG_0144_zpsmxergvqt.jpg

That little guy I thought was going to jump in my plate he was so close I could pet him if I wanted.

IMG_0142_zps8svgi971.jpg

Joining in! You have only one guy too! Unless our Grandpa joins us, K will be the lone boy. Luckily he is just little and loves Disney.

Happy Valentine’s Day:lovestruc or in my case Happy Single Awareness day lol. I hope you all are having a lovely day. I get to spend the day showing love to some dear friends with an old school throw back valentine’s party this afternoon, kiddie valentines and all. Of course, mine are Disney related or Pixar as the case may be. I have my finding Dory cards all ready to drop in our bags we will be designing.

On the Disney front, we have 284 days to go. :donald: We bought our first cricut machine so we are starting to play around with some ideas for shirts to have in the parks. If you guys have any idea or tips please pass them along we’ve just started to play with it a little bit. We are going to attempt to make shirts for our girls night out to see Beauty and the Beast next month.

We have our count down for our next steps at Disney going now too

104 days till we can make our ADR’s

224 days till we can make our fastpass+

I’m hoping to get wind of and prices of MVMCP tickets in the next couple of months. We will also be figuring out if we will be stopping by Disney springs on the way back from our beach trip this summer or taking a day in the middle of the week and spending the day there. So stay tuned to for those updates. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Oh I can't wait to see what you make with your cricut. My friend has one & is always whipping up cool stuff. She makes it sound easy. I'm tempted to buy one but don't think I'd use it enough.

Hi :wave2: Joining along for your PTR. We are also going Nov 26-Dec 4! I love the tag DDFL! I fit into that category as well! I don't have the circuit machine but I have a silhouette cameo which is similar. I have made tons of Disney items. The possibilities are endless!

I’m back sorry for the delay in showing our shirts it’s been a crazy few weeks. We are at 250 days until Disney and it’s about that time where we are thinking about making some adjustments to our plans. We are just in the talking stages right now, but possible going to add a day to the start of our trip. I will let you know how that goes as we get closer.

So the point of this post Beauty and the Beast. The movie oh my I just loved it. It’s by far my favorite of all the live action movies to date. I really think I will go see it one more time before it leaves theaters. If you haven’t seen it you should go check it out. As I said in my previous post we got a circuit and we made shirts for the movie so I want to show you those pictures.

Abby’s shirt is first. She got a lot of compliments on it at the movies and some chuckles from the adults because how many 8 year olds pick the villain as their favorite, but she really like’s Gaston. She blushed and everything when he came on the screen.

Here is a picture of her shirt.

Mine had Cogsworth. I just love his grouchy self and in the live action something about his little clock face reminds me of my lab Gus so I chose Cogsworth for mine.

Beauty and the Beast is Emily’s favorite princess of all times so she chose Belle for her shirt.

Laura chose lumiere for hers

Aunt Debbie has Mrs. Potts because well she’s the mom and grandma. I don't have a picture of her shirt for some reason. You can see it in the group shots.

Finally, Logan he is a Disney lover too, but for his shirt it says. I’m just here for the popcorn. Not entirely true lol but he loved his as well.[URL='http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Bethis/media/IMG_1135_zpss4cmfcpt.jpg.html'][/URL]

Here we have just a few of us in our shirts.
[URL='http://[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Bethis/media/IMG_1162_zpszcgwdfrr.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/IMG_1162_zpszcgwdfrr.jpg[/IMG][/URL]'][URL='http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Bethis/media/IMG_1162_zpszcgwdfrr.jpg.html']
[/URL]

[URL='http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Bethis/media/IMG_1163_zps6vj3ojpm.jpg.html']
[/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
I ❤ the popcorn shirt. They all came out great.

We're also thinking about adding a day to the front of our trip. We're waiting for Southwest to release flights before deciding.

Oh I can't wait to see what you make with your cricut. My friend has one & is always whipping up cool stuff. She makes it sound easy. I'm tempted to buy one but don't think I'd use it enough.

So far it's been so much fun designing things and seeing how they come out :) The Beauty and the Beast shirts were so much fun to design and we already have the designs for our next ones :)

Changes

I am back it’s been awhile but there hasn’t been a lot to report. As you, all know free dinning was released April 24 which was my birthday lol happy birthday from Disney. E and I had took a mini weekend trip to myrtle beach which is only about 4 hours from where we live. We just did a very relaxing enjoy the salt air trip. Which was nice because on the 24th I set my alarm at 5 to check for free dinning, then I changed it to 6:00 and tried to sleep till then I did does off for an on checked at 5:30 and then a few minutes after 6:00 Happy Birthday to me free dinning for our trip. So, with free dinning changes happened to our trip but first here is a picture of the view from our hotel room.
IMG_1259_zpsbqyokdxk.jpg

1st change is resorts. We moved from AsMovies to AsMusic so that we could take part in free dining.

Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the world’s most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock ‘n’ roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages.
all-star-music-resort-00-full.jpg

We’ve never stayed at Music so I’m looking forward to it especially since E is a big music lover, we also have L who is in the band and A is convinced her 8 year old self is a star and will be a singer when she grows up. So music will be a great choice.

The 2nd change is our dates. We added a day to the start of this trip so now our dates on Disney property are Saturday Nov 25 – Saturday Dec 2.

The 3rd change is as of now we plan to upgrade our 6 day tickets to AP’s when we get there. We decided on this because we want to make a trip in the spring of 2018 for the flower and garden festival as well as the fall for the food and wine festival. (If you have any tips on either of those please send them along)

The 4th change is @EE1979 is E she has joined Disboards so everyone welcome E:wave: .

192 Days till Disney
190 Days till we leave for Florida
131 Days till Fastpasses
11 Days till ADR’s

The plans for now as any good Diser knows plans can change at any time.

Friday Nov 24 (Black Friday) we will leave from Upstate SC and make the 8 ½ hour drive to Disney. The plan is to be on the road by 6:00 (Yes E I said on the road by 6) at this time I don’t know where we are staying. We may stay offsite or if like last year they offer a room only rate we may stay on property that part is still TBD we should arrive around 3:00 and we will check in to where ever we are staying then head over to Disney springs for a little bit before coming back to the resort and crashing for the evening.

Saturday Nov 25 (check in day) we will head over to AsMusic around 8:00 and check in. I know the room won’t be ready but I would like to get checked in and then head back to Disney Springs by 10:00 to be at guest relations before it gets supper busy and upgrade our tickets to AP’s. After we are upgraded, we will shop and grab lunch at Raglan Road before heading over to do some resort hoping and check out all the Christmas decorations. We will grab dinner at a QS at one of the resort food courts. The plan is to be back to the resort around 8 or 9 to unload and get settled and crash early.

Sunday Nov 26 (The best day ever) 4 parks 1 day. We are going to do something new we’ve never done 4 parks in 1 day so this trip is the time for it. The plan is to be at the bus stop for DHS at 7:30 we will spend a few hours at DHS then hop to AK for a few hours then to MK till about 4:00 then over to Epoct for the rest of the evening. This is the day that the rest of our party will be joining us as well they will probably get there then head over to DS so we may leave Epcot to meet with them or just see them when we get back to the resort that night.

The rest of the week is pretty much just park hopping different parks.

Monday Nov 27 we will start at AK and end at Epcot

Tuesday Nov 28 will be MK then to DHS. Hopefully we will have lunch at BOG if not here then on Thursday.

Wednesday will be Epcot then to AK

Thursday will be MK then AK. With MK closing early this day I’m hoping it will have low crowds.

Friday will be DHS and end with Epcot we always end with Epcot. We will hit Via Napoli this day.

Our ADR’s will be light this trip we aren’t planning on but 2 or 3 because we didn’t want to upgrade our dinning plan. We did QS last trip and it really worked out well for us.

So for now this is all stay tuned because I am working on something else we will just have to see how it plans out.

Mickey-fantasia_danceparty_aaf31d42.gif

Last edited:
I will agree to 6:00 :thumbsup2 ...only because it's for Disney!!

I am so excited about all the new plans and things! Now to pay for it all :teacher:

I am so far behind on this pre trip report. I will be back today with one update and then I will have a few more from a unexpected night at Disney.

A DDFL Birthday

Next week A turns 9 and we are going to make her an official DDFL. With that comes time to play with the circuit once again. We made shirts for all the DDFL’s including Abby but we are going to play around with her a little bit before she gets hers. The plan is to have a box outside when she arrives with all our shirts in it except hers, have her open the box, and hand everyone’s shirt to them. Then when she gets to the end of the box, hers still won’t be there. Then we are all walk inside and we will have set up a party with a cake that says DDFL with her shirt on display. While it’s not much to some she will get a kick out of it because she’s been waiting to be an officially DDFL. We’ve played up that she is a DDFL Jr. for a while now to build up to her birthday. So with that here is a look at our shirts.

First up is A's shirt She loves stitch
IMG_1358_zpszkh9ojnx.jpg

Next up is mine

IMG_1357_zpsvgcvodfc.jpg

Then we have E's
IMG_1361_zpsb4ksbekp.jpg

Laura's
IMG_1360_zpstftpzkjg.jpg

Then the boys

Mark's
IMG_1356_zpsgmae47gp.jpg

Last here is L's
IMG_1355_zpsnvffeygs.jpg

Last edited:
Photobucket is giving me a fit. Sorry 2 are sideways but it took me 20 mins just to get those 6 pictures up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter