DDP and tipping, do you leave "extra" tip?

texasthree

DIS Veteran
We are going on our first disney trip with the DDP in May. The DDP includes the tip but does anyone leave extra tip money?

We used the dining plan last September. At 2 restaurants (Chef Mickeys and Concourse Steakhouse) we tipped and extra 10% for excellent service.

We used it last April and with one exception, tipped extra everywhere. We had wonderful service (and I was a server for many years through school so I tend to "overtip" anyway).

Remember, the gratuity your server is receiving from the plan is 18%, which ain't bad. When we used the plan last trip, we left an additional amount only twice--both times our server had gone above and beyond the call of duty.
But don't feel obligated, because 18% is probably more than most non dining plan people leave.

if you think they're worth more than 18% sure, leave some more. If you don't, then don't.

Keep in mind that at some of the non-disney places, they get 18% of what Disney pays the place rather than 18% of your bill. If you think that's enough, then don't leave any more. If you'd like to leave more, leave more.

I personally bumped one server up. The rest I didn't. And I wouldn't even think of bumping someone up at a buffet. 18% is more than sufficient for semi-service.

We used the DP last August and had some great service - which we tipped extra for as I would normally for great service. The average service got nothing extra.

Keep in mind that at some of the non-disney places, they get 18% of what Disney pays the place rather than 18% of your bill.

Where did you get this information? If it's accurate, I will have to rethink my tipping policy. If servers are only getting tipped on a small portion of the bill, this doesn't seem very fair to them.

I thought it was 15%. That is what we were told last year on free dining. A CM also stated they had to wait weeks for this tip. Maybe he mislead us...

iluvepcot said:
I thought it was 15%. That is what we were told last year on free dining. A CM also stated they had to wait weeks for this tip. Maybe he mislead us...

It's 18% this year from what I've gathered here on this site.

Where did you get this information? If it's accurate, I will have to rethink my tipping policy. If servers are only getting tipped on a small portion of the bill, this doesn't seem very fair to them.

From threads around here actuallly. I'm not even sure which ones it is. I Think someone said they get 22-25 bux from Disney. That would be about a 4-4.50 tip per adult assuming that's accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter