• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP & DDE

Stimpy

<font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says
If we use the dining plan to pay for our meals, would I still be able to use the DDE for discounts on alcoholic drinks we would have to pay OOP at TS meals? Thanks!

Yes you can, but be sure to tell the server when you order, and check your receipt to be sure you get the 20%.

Yes you can! Be prepared to have your server tip themselves 18% for your alcohol or anything else you choose to pay for OOP. It happend to us a couple times last year.

Thanks!

Does the DDP and OOP charges all come on one receipt? I kind of assumed it would be treated as two seperate orders/bills.

The only place we ran into trouble with this last year was at San Angel Inn. I don't like the food there, but my D-I-L wanted to eat there, so I was going to just order the cheese fundido for my meal using my DDE card. The waiter said only one discount was allowed per table and DDP was considered a discount, so I couldn't use my DDE card. I asked to speak to a manger and she told me the same thing.

My D-I-L and I round up sharing her meal. Or I should say we tried to share. Neither of us could eat it and we left our food on our plates to go eat CS elsewhere.

Everywhere else we ate though had no trouble giving us two tickets (one with the DDP and one for the DDE card).

Stimpy said:
If we use the dining plan to pay for our meals, would I still be able to use the DDE for discounts on alcoholic drinks we would have to pay OOP at TS meals? Thanks!

You should email wdw through the "contact us" section of the site. Everyone use to be able to do what you describe. It only seems fair to be able to use DDE card you already have and chose to use DDP where it makes sense, even keeping with the childs credits for their meals and adults credits for their meals. I asked and was told either all DDP or all DDE. I have no problem with the child credit distiction but the way they seem to be taking away sharing and DDE use really bothers me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter