DDP+ It’s official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved our bounce back trip from July to December. I only have the free quick service dining. I asked about upgrading to the DD+ plan while she had guest services on the line. They were not able to do it as it was not available at the time I booked the BB and they don't have a code to add it to the BB. She also said it seems to have some glitches and keep trying closer to our trip. I am hoping they are able to make the changes in the next few months as we like TS much better. Even as adults with teens we all like the character breakfasts.

Side question - our May trip is from a bounce back offer. If I call I can move it to a date when the bounce back was available like December? Stinks about the DDP+ tho - I’d love that bonus!!!

Side question - our May trip is from a bounce back offer. If I call I can move it to a date when the bounce back was available like December? Stinks about the DDP+ tho - I’d love that bonus!!!
I was able to move ours. It has to be within the original dates of the bounce back offer. 1st person at guest services said no as code expired. I explained that I have been able to do this in the past. CM tried someone different and they were abke to do it. I was on hold for 2 hours and another 45 minutes after they answered. It was worth it to me! I am not giving up on being able to upgrade to DD+.

I've been trying to upgrade for the last couple of weeks. I have a Florida Resident deal for tickets & hotel and added the regular DDP. CMs keep saying to keep calling back because they don't have a code. :-/

If it's still a problem closer to the trip (early June) I may upgrade to the DxDP, even though I don't really want that. I just want 2 TS a day, not 3!

Just an addendum FYI... just for grins and giggles, I went on and faux-booked another resort for my dates in early June to see different prices and possibly upgrade the resort.

Under the Florida Resident Sun & Fun deal, only the QS, DDP and DxDP were available to book as an add-on, whereas when I looked at the non-Florida Resident Sun & Fun deal, DD+ was a fourth option.

At this point I'll just go ahead and upgrade to the DxDP, just because I scored a California Grill brunch for our departure day, a later BoG dinner on an MK evening EMH night, and our first night is room-only, so no dining plan for that evening. That way, the credits should work out so there won't be wasted ones at the end of the trip (if it even happens :-/).

Is paying OOP still better value though? I think unless you're having 2 character TS a day that it still doesn't work out great value for money. Plus if you're DVC and you're paying OOP you get the 10% discount which you don't get when buying the plan.
I think dollar for dollar TiW is a better value. But, my DH especially enjoys the dining plan. No thoughts of money, just order what you want. I'm glad they added this plan. I've always been tempted by the Deluxe plan to do some signature restaurants, but it's such a big jump from DDP. We will add DDP+ to our January trip if the pricing is still a good fit once it's released for 2021.

Has anyone here used it yet? I'd love a dining trip report, what restaurants you visited, etc. How is it using it for a Signature meal a day vs. say two pricey TS meals like a character meal and a prix fixe? This one is the toughest nut for me to crack.

Has anyone here used it yet? I'd love a dining trip report, what restaurants you visited, etc. How is it using it for a Signature meal a day vs. say two pricey TS meals like a character meal and a prix fixe? This one is the toughest nut for me to crack.

I don't think it was available for use yet when the parks closed.

Using it for just one signature meal instead of two meals will only work financially if the cost of that meal comes close to $70 total. With just entree, dessert, and drink, you'll have to peruse those 2TS restaurants to see if there are things you'll eat that will come close to that. Don't forget to add the 6.5% tax to your total.

Anyone else noticed the pricing difference between DDP and combining DDP+ with QS? We have a large group going. If we book 2 rooms with 3A & 1C in each and put 1 room with DDP+ and the other with QS for 5 nights it saves $96.40 vs putting both rooms on DDP and it’s the exact same number of credits. It’s not much but we will save money wherever we can. This addition opens up lots of other possibilities for groups. We are considering doing one room DxDP too in order to do a couple more TS.

Anyone else noticed the pricing difference between DDP and combining DDP+ with QS? We have a large group going. If we book 2 rooms with 3A & 1C in each and put 1 room with DDP+ and the other with QS for 5 nights it saves $96.40 vs putting both rooms on DDP and it’s the exact same number of credits. It’s not much but we will save money wherever we can. This addition opens up lots of other possibilities for groups. We are considering doing one room DxDP too in order to do a couple more TS.

As long as you're all eating every meal together, or you can work out a schedule to make it work, it's a win.

As long as you're all eating every meal together, or you can work out a schedule to make it work, it's a win.
We do generally stay together but I was thinking that it would be simple enough to mix who is in which room so there would be little problem with it. Rather than registering my family in one room and my parents, brother and nephew in the other we would do something like mom, me, nephew, my older son in one and dad, DH, my brother, our young DD in the other. We can sleep in whatever arrangement we want but if we did ever split up some, then it’s likely that someone would have access to the TS and QS in each group.

It is now and forever a math exercise, especially since the child credits are only available to the children.

I wish some lounges were on the dining plan. Any news on whether DDP will be offered in 2021?

Nothing that I’ve seen

my belief-until all restaurants are once again open, all resorts, it will either not be sold or a new modified plan

we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter