Dealing with blisters?

This past trip I taped up my feet with KT tape. It worked great because I was able to cover larger areas than moleskin would cover. It's a little bit pricy, but this tape is meant to stand up to tough conditions so it's great to use for this purpose. I did use moleskin and body glide when I wore dressier sandals that having brightly colored KT tape may look silly with and it worked good as well.

Bring a couple of pairs of shoes that you have worn before.

Wear socks.

Bring foot powder and Moleskin.

Go directly to First Aid! I suffered in pain for 2 days with the worst blister I've ever had in my entire life until I saw the First Aid sign in Epcot. I went in explained what I was dealing with and they gave me a handful of large bandages, moleskin pads and advil for my awful headache. They were so nice to me and it really made a big difference. I won't lie and say it didn't still hurt but it was a lot more comfortable to continue walking.

Last edited:
Seconding Moleskin. The stuff is utterly amazing. Somebody on Usenet recommended it before my first WDW trip, so I brought some along, and it turned out to be necessary.

I keep some in my travel bag now. I haven't needed it in years, but I don't travel without it.
Thx for this!

If you are in one of the parks go to first aid and get blister bandaids. Put them anywhere there’s pain.

Made the huge mistake and wore my waterproof shoes with no socks( did it at home many times) oh man was my left foot messed up after day 1. Had to buy a needle kit and Band-Aids and got some new thick socks from the Disney store (best socks I have ever worn ). Did some hotel diy surgery and covered it up with 3 Band-Aids. Now we always pack thick socks and moleskin .

I never travel to Disney without Body Glide and blister band aids. I use them every morning and have never had a blister.

In November while there for a week, I was struggling with blisters galore on both feet after two days. I wore my trusty Tevas but the sheer amount of walking just didn’t compare to what I did at home in my Tevas. The pain was SERIOUS. We didn’t want to drive off property because it was late at night, so we made due with what we could get at the resort store. I grabbed some moleskin and we already had band aids with us. The next morning I put the band aids on and then moleskin over the blistered areas. I don’t know if it was the Tevas, my feet, because I’m a hefty gal, etc – but the moleskin by the end of the day had shifted around and wasn’t really helping. So, that night when we got back to our resort we visited the store again. This time we picked up a roll of bandage tape, a box of gauze pads, a 2 pack of Disney socks and a brand new pair of Mickey sneakers (similar to Keds style but with Mickey all over them). The next morning, we bandaged the heck out of my feet and then I put on both pair of socks. My amazing husband gingerly put my sneakers on for me so as to avoid the bumps from bandages. That became the morning routine for the remainder of our week and it worked out great! I wish I had brought socks and sneakers originally, but I’ve always had problems with blisters when wearing socks and sneakers. This time however, the socks and sneakers were a life saver!! I’m packing them for our upcoming trip this month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!