Dec. 30-Jan 6th...any chance for a ressie?

kkmauch

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with fact
My extended family is planning a trip to WDW in late December to meet me while I move in to my apartment in Orlando--grad school at UCF. Classes start January 9th but my younger brother starts back January 3rd for J-Term at his University. So...my parents, grandpa, aunt-unlce-baby, and perhaps a friend want to do a trip Dec 30-Jan 6th. Would there be any chance of getting a 2 bedroom or more at a DVC resort? We are owners at SSR, but I don't know if there will be any kind of availability. Not to mention we would have to use mega points...any suggestions?

My guess would be that you will have trouble getting 12/31, but may be able to get the other days. Since it is almost time for MS to open, you'll soon know - if something is available, grab it now!

Please post and tell us how you made out.

Best wishes -

Yep, I think if you aren't fussy about where or what type of accommodations, you might be able to get something. Even though Dec. 30 and 31 are holiday time, they are also weekend days, so who knows. I think Jan. 1-6 will be fine, but those first two could be the problem.

My personal opinion is that January 1 at least may be tough to get this year. Points drop, it's a Sunday, and by the airfares it appears an awful lot of people are waiting to come back on the 2nd. Never really know till you call, and you may be surprised (e.g., demand for Christmas Eve seemed to be down a tad this year due to it being on a Saturday--I was able to switch from OKW to BCV with no trouble at the 7 month mark this year and they said there was plenty of availability at the time).

Ok---just got off the phone with Member Services. We had to switch things up a bit so it took some time...but we got a 2 bedroom at our home resort of SSR for January 2nd- 5th. Not too bad! Very excited to go on this quick little trip.
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter