Decal/ Sticker "Where have you been?" thread

sirenia88

You are a Toy car!
Hello Disboarders!

Some may know I got a new trailer. My DW and I had a discussion about our travel decals. We would get a bumper sticker or decal or even a magnet in some cases. It's cool for us to remember which places we have been. If we visit a place regularly, we generally get a decal for the bumper on the old trailer. Now the new rig doesn't have a bumper. So we will installed directly on the trailer's outer skin. We only were able to save the "Happy Camper" Fort decal as the others failed when I removed them from the trailer.

My DW feels like the place has to be visited again for the sticker such as the Fort. However since we have a magnet of a place, it would not matter as much for the sticker. I feel like I should be able to get a replacement decal without having to visit due to distance such as the Fort as we know we will plan on being back. If we cannot visit we should be able to get a replacement. My DW says that would lose its meaning to us. The ones that were within reason from us, are going to be replaced during our trips to those places.

What is your take on this?

We get magnets during our trips, they are on the side of the fridge inside or on the face of the fridge in the outdoor kitchen. This way if we change trailers, the magnets can migrate with us.
The only decals on the trailer are Fort Wilderness Musket Mickey's and they came from online.

Hello Disboarders!

Some may know I got a new trailer. My DW and I had a discussion about our travel decals. We would get a bumper sticker or decal or even a magnet in some cases. It's cool for us to remember which places we have been. If we visit a place regularly, we generally get a decal for the bumper on the old trailer. Now the new rig doesn't have a bumper. So we will installed directly on the trailer's outer skin. We only were able to save the "Happy Camper" Fort decal as the others failed when I removed them from the trailer.

My DW feels like the place has to be visited again for the sticker such as the Fort. However since we have a magnet of a place, it would not matter as much for the sticker. I feel like I should be able to get a replacement decal without having to visit due to distance such as the Fort as we know we will plan on being back. If we cannot visit we should be able to get a replacement. My DW says that would lose its meaning to us. The ones that were within reason from us, are going to be replaced during our trips to those places.

What is your take on this?

Actually, I'm with you on this one, but it's really a third world problem LOL.... :) When you've been, you've been!!

We have that 50 states map of stickers for the rig but we just bought the map and we have already been to 70% of the states, my husband and I debated on whether or not we had to revisit those states to be able to stick them on the map or if we put our already visited places on there! In the end we decided to revisit them in order to stick it on, since the map was new :) Now it's ready for a new round of adventures! LOL

We have a stainless steel fridge door, so i found a cheap frame and put a thin piece of sheet metal in for the magnets. Also did one with a sheet of plastic for the decals

Entering into our 9th year of camping, we are just getting started on this (ugh!!!), but we are going to use the spare tire cover. Our spare is mounted on the back with a large plastic cover. We figure that can be removed/replaced if we ever trade vehicles. It wouldn't necessarily be able to go on our next, but we could preserve it in some way. Our fridge has cabinet panels on it, and we don't carry a cooler, so this is the best option we've come up with.

If anyone is ever at the Fort and would be willing to pick up and mail a sticker (we decided to do this after we left this summer), I'd be more than happy to pay for postage, etc...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!