December 2018 Discount Watch

Anyway you can copy and paste the resort information from the link you posted?
Resort Hotels Included in This Offer

• Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

When I checked my dates, 10/25-29, the only Deluxe Resort available for the AP discount was AKL. I ended up booking Savannah View CL, though, which is what DH wants anyway. I was hoping for an Epcot resort, but it doesn't look like that's happening. On the phone, they didn't have any availability, either.

i've been constantly searching throughout the day for POFQ, and though that hasn't shown up under the AP offers, i have seen slight adjustments in availability for other resorts under both the AP and general discounts. so i'm hopeful they'll keep adjusting, and i will just keep searching... :surfweb:

Hi! 2 questions... 1) I don’t currently have an AP, but plan on upgrading when we arrive. Can I still get an AP discount? 2) what is the discount? We currently have 30% off BB offer booked for BRV, not sure if AP is better than that!? Thanks!

Hi! 2 questions... 1) I don’t currently have an AP, but plan on upgrading when we arrive. Can I still get an AP discount? 2) what is the discount? We currently have 30% off BB offer booked for BRV, not sure if AP is better than that!? Thanks!

My understanding is you can book under the AP Discount, but you will have to call to both verify what discount is available for your dates and to book. Then you have to have an ACTIVE AP at check-in. Meaning, you have to upgrade prior to checking into your hotel.

Edited: I just calculated my discount. It's 35% off on weeknights (Sun-Th) and 20% off on weekends (Fri-Sat). Not bad at all, considering the GP discount doesn't even include weekends.

Last edited:
They will usually give you 24 hours or so to present a valid, active AP. However, I doubt you'd get a better rate than what you already have booked.

So do we think the site is glitchy or is it a very limited amount of resorts that get the AP discount?

ETA - looked at the included resorts....seems like not everything got released. Hope it didn't sell out that quick!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/passholder-room-only/details/

I think it might depend greatly on the dates you're looking for.

We will be there 12/20-12/27, and honestly I am stunned by how much availability there is with the AP discount for deluxes. There has been availability for at least one room category for every hotel I've checked (all deluxes in MK and EP areas, plus AKL). It's super annoying that unfortunately the WL discount is only for Standard View...and I would've assumed that those would be the least likely to have a discount! And there is Nature View available with the Magical Holidays (I think that's what it's called) discount for my dates too...but we want to stay CL because we are going to purchase the CL FP+, and there is nothing CL available with the AP discount for our dates. :(

Still feeling lucky that we got the discount for our BC room for 3 nights though. :)

I think it might depend greatly on the dates you're looking for.
Very true. I'm actually at a loss anyway since I'm looking for a weekend trip only. The rates aren't that great ($420 range for standard AKL for example). I would love to treat my mom to a stay at WL but not seeing it available at all from 11/30-12/2. Will just have to keep an eye on it!

I was hoping to swap a CR night from general public offer to AP. Only the suites are available and cost more than double my current night under the discount. I will have to just wait and watch.

Very true. I'm actually at a loss anyway since I'm looking for a weekend trip only. The rates aren't that great ($420 range for standard AKL for example). I would love to treat my mom to a stay at WL but not seeing it available at all from 11/30-12/2. Will just have to keep an eye on it!
Make sure you click on Animal Kingdom lodge. For some reason the summary page is bugged. It never shows the standard view there, but when you click on the hotel it will show up. I saw AKL for under $300 per night for multiple dates.

I’ll add that this normally works better for longer stays.

Last edited:
They will usually give you 24 hours or so to present a valid, active AP. However, I doubt you'd get a better rate than what you already have booked.

You are right! I called and not even close to the discount I have now. Oh well, I thought it might be better, I’m happy with what I have now!

Make sure you click on Animal Kingdom lodge. For some reason the summary page is bugged. It never shows the standard view there, but when you click on the hotel it will show up. I saw AKL for under $300 per night for multiple dates.

I’ll add that this normally works better for longer stays.
Great tip, thanks!

I cannot stress this enough. Click into the resorts INDIVIDUALLY. I was just able to grab French Quarter by searching the dates within the resort page, even though the summary wouldn't show anything.

Any chance there will be new discounts for non-AP released still? Three rooms at POFQ booked since March for 12/1-12/9 and haven’t had any luck getting a discount.

Even going into the particular resorts, still finding absolutely zilch for the AP offer for early December. The discounts on rooms for AP holders continue to dwindle as time passes. Pretty soon they likely wont even offer a room discount to AP holders.

Oh great.

The Florida Resident Rate is out for our 12/6-12/9 trip at the All Star Movies. It is $5.00 higher than the Magical Holiday Rate we are already booked with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!