****December 2020 Thread****

Trip 11/27-12/5 originally at POFQ now at GDT. We bought 7 day tickets with the plan to go to MVMCP on our other day. Can I call to add a day to our tickets if I don’t think the party will happen? They were purchased through Undercover Tourist, but are linked in MDE with park days reserved.
Yes, you will be able to. I have a PH that I may convert, if I even go. Now they are saying its going to get worse this fall and winter. I have time to decide but am thinking I may end up cancelling if things worsen. will decide by October I suspect.

Hew, I'm going on the same dates as well :) Different resort though (AoA). What parks are you doing on which dates?
Thats when I am scheduled to go too = will be at GDT, again, if I go

So if MVMCP and CP and the festival of Holidays are not going to happen - will you still go? How many of these need to be canceled for you to decide not to go?

We originally had a BB Free Dine for CR - GW the week of Labor day. The focus of the trip was supposed to be EWP , fireworks from our hotel and being able to walk to MK whenever we wanted . So when it was obvious we would get none of that and may prefer to spend more time in our room I changed the trip to mid December at AoA -LK and was able to keep the FD. Basically this is the cheapest way to get 2 bathrooms and be able to spread out a little. So with re-opening in the works our plan was changed to a recovery 20 trip and 1200 came off the price tag. I got all the theme park passes I wanted and then news hit that my resort was indeed opening. So going ahead with plans to go, hoping the cases in Florida go down in the next few months cause I could really use a vacation!

We originally had a BB Free Dine for CR - GW the week of Labor day. The focus of the trip was supposed to be EWP , fireworks from our hotel and being able to walk to MK whenever we wanted . So when it was obvious we would get none of that and may prefer to spend more time in our room I changed the trip to mid December at AoA -LK and was able to keep the FD. Basically this is the cheapest way to get 2 bathrooms and be able to spread out a little. So with re-opening in the works our plan was changed to a recovery 20 trip and 1200 came off the price tag. I got all the theme park passes I wanted and then news hit that my resort was indeed opening. So going ahead with plans to go, hoping the cases in Florida go down in the next few months cause I could really use a vacation!
Not sure you will still have the free dining - they eliminated all of that several weeks ago

Not sure you will still have the free dining - they eliminated all of that several weeks ago
[/QUO
"So with re-opening in the works our plan was changed to a recovery 20 trip and 1200 came off the price tag."
That's what I meant by this line of my post. Basically I went to all this trouble to keep the DP only to have Disney change it t the recovery 20 pkg. Nobody has a DP for the rest of this year!

We canceled our Dec 2020 trip back in June but now that they extended our passes till Jan 3rd 2021 we rebooked. I got an awesome deal at The Dolphin for $343 a night for 4 of us in a deluxe room, resort view and balcony with our AP discount. Staying 12/26 thru 1/3. First stay at The Dolphin so really excited!
Yup. I'm quoting my own post. The Yacht Club opened up so...... we cancelled the Dolphin and booked Yacht Club. We just love that resort :)

I read that Princess Cruise lines made the call to cancel all departures until December 15th at the earliest.
I'm wondering what they know that we don't.

Guess we are jumping on the December train-hoping we get to stay on this time. We started on the May train-then switched to the September. Decided today that we would try for early December. With the 35% discount, the rates at GDT were just too good to pass up. Fingers crossed things get better and we can go.

Sadly, we pulled the plug on our December trip. My mom is just not comfortable with traveling and the trip was really for her... plus FQ is still not on the list to open. I guess we have to try for next year! We're looking at buying DVC within the next few months anyway so we will have lots of time to plan another trip with her.

Sadly, we pulled the plug on our December trip. My mom is just not comfortable with traveling and the trip was really for her... plus FQ is still not on the list to open. I guess we have to try for next year! We're looking at buying DVC within the next few months anyway so we will have lots of time to plan another trip with her.
I'm sorry you had to cancel. Health is more important than fun and it sounds like you will have many more fun times to be had.

Which resort are you looking to buy into?

To me, the most important thing (aside from price) is the well worn phrase "buy where you want to stay" which boils down to, buy at a resort you will love even if you can't get into your first pick. This phrase is even more important in that over the next couple of years the system is flooded with points that have been refunded to folks with cancelled trips. That 11 month booking window at our home resort may be all we have to work with.

I'm sorry you had to cancel. Health is more important than fun and it sounds like you will have many more fun times to be had.

Which resort are you looking to buy into?

To me, the most important thing (aside from price) is the well worn phrase "buy where you want to stay" which boils down to, buy at a resort you will love even if you can't get into your first pick. This phrase is even more important in that over the next couple of years the system is flooded with points that have been refunded to folks with cancelled trips. That 11 month booking window at our home resort may be all we have to work with.

@twinklebug are you a DVC owner? If so, can I ask which resort? We are debating between an extend OKW and AKL. My hubs LOVED AKL, but the distance to parks (aside from AK) was a negative for me (I loved the resort, just not the bus rides, we ended up using Lyft most of the time to avoid to waits)

@twinklebug are you a DVC owner? If so, can I ask which resort? We are debating between an extend OKW and AKL. My hubs LOVED AKL, but the distance to parks (aside from AK) was a negative for me (I loved the resort, just not the bus rides, we ended up using Lyft most of the time to avoid to waits)
I bought into AKV. I had rented points and stayed at OKW, BWV, VWL and AKV-Jambo. Adored VWL but AKV won me over with its long contract, architecture, rooms, animals and a deal they had going at the time. My son standing on a bench at the Jambo bus stop and pointing to the sign announcing Kidani, asking if we could buy there was the final nudge I needed to do it.

The distance to the parks isn't too bad, the MK trip is a bit long but probably no worse than parking at the TTC and waiting for a monorail or ferry timewise. What I do miss there is that there is no alternative transportation to the buses. The ride to AK is nice and short!

Bringing this back on topic, we've headed down every december, staying at AKV for the last 8 years or so. I don't mind the buses so much in the colder weather, it's nice to have protection from the cold wind.

I bought into AKV. I had rented points and stayed at OKW, BWV, VWL and AKV-Jambo. Adored VWL but AKV won me over with its long contract, architecture, rooms, animals and a deal they had going at the time. My son standing on a bench at the Jambo bus stop and pointing to the sign announcing Kidani, asking if we could buy there was the final nudge I needed to do it.

The distance to the parks isn't too bad, the MK trip is a bit long but probably no worse than parking at the TTC and waiting for a monorail or ferry timewise. What I do miss there is that there is no alternative transportation to the buses. The ride to AK is nice and short!

Bringing this back on topic, we've headed down every december, staying at AKV for the last 8 years or so. I don't mind the buses so much in the colder weather, it's nice to have protection from the cold wind.

We made an offer on an extended OKW, but I don't think we are going to come to an agreement. I'm thinking for the same price, we can get an AKL contract(which has slightly lower MF) and have the 11 month booking for studios. Yup, I think you've convinced me to hold out for AKL!

We made an offer on an extended OKW, but I don't think we are going to come to an agreement. I'm thinking for the same price, we can get an AKL contract(which has slightly lower MF) and have the 11 month booking for studios. Yup, I think you've convinced me to hold out for AKL!
I don't regret buying AKV for a moment. The best not-so-hidden treasure on property is Kidani. It's at it's best when they have the lobby floor freshly shined up.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have many happy visits to come!

Joining. :earsgirl:
Just booked "last minute" trip for DS8 and I, Dec 5-10. Booked Poly 4 days ago, called yesterday and changed to BLT since Poly will be closed. Got online the AM, and booked GF outer lagoon with AP discount instead, since BLT discount not available. 🙃
I think we are set.
Now just 🤞they offer something festive to enjoy. :santa:

Due to the discounts released, we were able to extend our trip by a day :yay:

Our new dates are Nov. 29 - Dec. 4th! Still staying at the same resort (AoA - LM room)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter