****December 2020 Thread****

Staying Gran Destino but there the same dates. It can’t get here fast enough !

Hoping to stay the week before Christmas for a belated honeymoon! We're getting married in October, but fiance is in school (career change) so we can't take a trip right after the wedding due to his classes.

Got a pin offer for that $119 POP rate (and booked it), although when I view the options now (since I'm always second-guessing and shopping for the best deals) the price seems to have gone back up to the 200s...not sure if they exhausted their supply of the rooms offered at that rate? We'd love to stay somewhere more luxe someday, but it's just not in the budget.

We're still torn on spending so much money on rooms, tix etc for the reduced experience right now, vs just embracing the chance to treat ourselves to this honeymoon while we do have the chance (and don't have any of our top choice international options due to travel restrictions anyway). Fiance graduates in May and hopefully will be starting a new job, but that will mean no vacation time for quite a while, so it's kind of like...either we do something during Christmas, or we have to wait for a year or more for the next chance.

Just got a pin so we booked for Dec 1-10! Staying at AOA assuming it opens as planned. We’ve never been during the holidays, so super excited even though it’s not a full holiday offering.

DisneyNDecember is going back to WDW since our last trip in December 2013!!!! 7 YEARS AGO!!!!

We switched to cruising in December and taking beach vacations to Cancun since my son got older and wanted to switch up things. So now we decided to come visit WDW from December 11-19, 2020 and stay in the new Gran Destino Tower, since it is just a matter of time before they cancel our December cruise with NCL.

I have been doing my research and know there is no MVMCP and hours are limited and no fireworks and so on and so on..... but we are excited to see all the new stuff, Toy Story land, Star Wars stuff even though we have not seen any Star Wars movies, Avatar land, and so on.

We'll be there Dec. 19 - 24, staying at Pop. It'll be our first time going at Christmas, second trip ever. We're Disneyland regulars as we live in Northern CA, but couldn't pass up an unexpected opportunity to go to WDW this year. Disappointed about not seeing the castle lights, but that just means we'll have to come back. 😁

Thanks to an unexpected pin code that I couldn't pass on, we're hopping on the December Magic Express to WDW also. With the discounted room rate, combined with insanely cheap airfare on SW, made for an super easy decision to book a trip. DD (11) and I haven't been to Disney for Christmas since 2017 and, despite all the things missing from for the parks this year, it's still going to be absolutely magical. We'll be there Christmas week, staying at CR.

I am bummed - I did not get a pin code. Then my niece was hoping to go with me but she cant because of work. Still looking forward to my trip tho

We'll be there Dec 13-21 staying at the Swan for my big 5-0 birthday! Plan on hitting Epcot on the 19th so I can say I visited several countries on my birthday. LOL Was supposed to be on St John, USVI, but with Covid and the airlines being wonky we decided to go to my 2nd favorite place on Earth!

We'll be there Dec 13-21 staying at the Swan for my big 5-0 birthday! Plan on hitting Epcot on the 19th so I can say I visited several countries on my birthday. LOL Was supposed to be on St John, USVI, but with Covid and the airlines being wonky we decided to go to my 2nd favorite place on Earth!
Ahh, I love this! Stealing it!! :)
I will be there in March for my 50th. I'm reserved for Epcot on my actual Bday too. Gonna them it "Birthday trip around the World ...s". I'll get a pic in each one. Thanks for the idea!!

Ahh, I love this! Stealing it!! :)
I will be there in March for my 50th. I'm reserved for Epcot on my actual Bday too. Gonna them it "Birthday trip around the World ...s". I'll get a pic in each one. Thanks for the idea!!

You can go on Etsy and get shirts made with how to say drink in every country with mouse ears on the front!

We are booked at the poly dec 6-16 but I’m thinking of cancelling now. We went in August with all the adjustments and although we had a wonderful time, I don’t think I’d want to experience Disney like that more than once. The even Shorter hours, no snacking while walking, masks, no live entertainment, can’t see the parks at night, no lit up castle. I mean I’d love to go and would still enjoy it but it really does diminish the experience. And I feel like not too much later then December we will have a lot of that back including park hopping. I love the holiday feeling at Disney but I wonder if I’d feel that with these restrictions...

We are booked at the poly dec 6-16 but I’m thinking of cancelling now. We went in August with all the adjustments and although we had a wonderful time, I don’t think I’d want to experience Disney like that more than once. The even Shorter hours, no snacking while walking, masks, no live entertainment, can’t see the parks at night, no lit up castle. I mean I’d love to go and would still enjoy it but it really does diminish the experience. And I feel like not too much later then December we will have a lot of that back including park hopping. I love the holiday feeling at Disney but I wonder if I’d feel that with these restrictions...
They extended MK hours to 1900 from 1800. It's only an hour, but they might extend it even more. I'd wait until as close to the cancel date as you can just in case they add more things. I see more restaurants opening every week. I'd hate for you to cancel now and regret it later.

They extended MK hours to 1900 from 1800. It's only an hour, but they might extend it even more. I'd wait until as close to the cancel date as you can just in case they add more things. I see more restaurants opening every week. I'd hate for you to cancel now and regret it later.
Yea I'll wait until mid october at the latest to cancel. I need to cancel in advance because I own DVC and want to reserve before nights run out for an alternate trip.

Yea I'll wait until mid october at the latest to cancel. I need to cancel in advance because I own DVC and want to reserve before nights run out for an alternate trip.
Your plan sounds solid. I think DVC gives us 30 days or more out to cancel without having our points end up in holding. You do not want that.

Looking for dining recommendations outside the parks for the first full day of our trip which is the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. We are staying at Coronado. We would usually go to Disney Springs for a meal, but I think it will be crazy crowded that day and we are looking for low-key and relaxing. 2 adults and 4yo and 7yo. We are staying until December 6th which is why I posted here lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!