****December 2020 Thread****

Looking for dining recommendations outside the parks for the first full day of our trip which is the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. We are staying at Coronado. We would usually go to Disney Springs for a meal, but I think it will be crazy crowded that day and we are looking for low-key and relaxing. 2 adults and 4yo and 7yo. We are staying until December 6th which is why I posted here lol.
Lots of choices at Coronado. That is what my son and I plan to do when we arrive on December 11.

Our trip is scheduled for 12/25/20-1/2/21. We have never been to WDW at Christmas and are both off work so figured why not! We are staying offsite at Windsor Hills

We (2 adults) are going Dec 10-18. Supposed to stay at Movies & haven't been switched to another resort yet.

Looking for dining recommendations outside the parks for the first full day of our trip which is the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. We are staying at Coronado. We would usually go to Disney Springs for a meal, but I think it will be crazy crowded that day and we are looking for low-key and relaxing. 2 adults and 4yo and 7yo. We are staying until December 6th which is why I posted here lol.
I am doing the same trip. I plan to eat right there at Coronado. But you might consider The Wave or GFC or Whispering Canyon cafe. The gamble part is the restaurants at CSR may not be available on our ADR day so will stalk to see which ones open

The waitlist for he hole in my December trip for a Standard View at Bay Lake Tower just came though yesterday. I won't go unless Disney offers APs again. I have another trip planned for my birthday in April and it would be a waste of money to pay for passes for 2 trips.

Just booked Pop Century Dec 18-23. Haven’t been at Christmas in 17 years but last trip was May 2018 split with Universal. Very excited to see the lights but am hoping for less restrictions by then to bring back some of the temporarily unavailable entertainment and maybe even fast passes. These always made the trip bearable when crowd levels are at the max. Looking forward to our trip regardless - 😊

2001 - off property
2003 - Disney Springs area resort
2004 - Coronado Springs
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
2016 - Pop Century
2017 - Old Key West
2018 - All Star Sports

Our trip is scheduled for 12/25/20-1/2/21. We have never been to WDW at Christmas and are both off work so figured why not! We are staying offsite at Windsor Hills
We are also going over Christmas. We are staying offsite. I found some great offsite hotel deals. We have never stayed offsite before.

Anyone doing Orlando Informer meet up? I've casually been looking for people with info/or going. :) I just booked Dec 6th, staying at Hard Rock. Excited to see how this goes.

Reactions: DLo
Anyone doing Orlando Informer meet up? I've casually been looking for people with info/or going. :) I just booked Dec 6th, staying at Hard Rock. Excited to see how this goes.
I am going on the 5th and 6th . Staying at Royal Pacific. I usually stay at Hard Rock and love it. Just wanted to try something different this trip. I have read great things about the event. Can't wait.

I am going on the 5th and 6th . Staying at Royal Pacific. I usually stay at Hard Rock and love it. Just wanted to try something different this trip. I have read great things about the event. Can't wait.
We usually stay at Royal Pacific, but it was not available. We've stayed at Hard Rock before, a long time ago. DS8 doesn't remember when we stayed there, so it'll be a new experience for him.
I got lucky and had the stay booked for Sunday before I even realized there was an OI meet up. I kept debating this, or just hitting the parks for 1 day on Monday. Decided to try something new. :)
I've heard good things about it as well. Curious how it'll all work out now, hopefully they still offer everything listed.
Also the hours. OI says the parks will close at 7, but right now they close earlier.
Should be fun regardless! See ya the 6th! :)

Reactions: DLo
We booked everything last week for 12/25-1/3. Staying offsite at Windsor Hills, and also doing Universal for 2 days toward the end of the trip.

Well, I'm booked for Dec 14-19. Actually excited.

This has been a rough year (not counting the COVID mess everyone has been dealing with). My wife of 28 years passed away in the middle of February. So, this will be a solo trip.

It will be a bit sad without her, but Disney World was always our favorite place. Been there 21 times over the years married. I somehow think this is exactly what I need. A nice week away from everything with only happy memories surrounding me.

This has been a rough year (not counting the COVID mess everyone has been dealing with). My wife of 28 years passed away in the middle of February. So, this will be a solo trip.

It will be a bit sad without her, but Disney World was always our favorite place. Been there 21 times over the years married. I somehow think this is exactly what I need. A nice week away from everything with only happy memories surrounding me.
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the trip helps! It sounds like a lovely way to remember her.

So sorry for your loss. I am sure she will be with you smiling right along with you. 🙂
Hope it is a wonderful trip for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that this trip will bring you some healing, and that you are able to relive some of the very happy memories you two shared there.

we have officially booked for December! This is our first December trip! Going Dec 27-Jan 2! I know it will be busy but I'm ready just to be back!
We are staying off-site in Windsor Hills.
I made our park reservations last night!
Dec28-MK
Dec 29-AK
Dec 30-HS
Dec 31-Epcot
Jan 1-MK

This is also a Christmas present for our girls so it will be the first time we've surprised them with a trip!

we have officially booked for December! This is our first December trip! Going Dec 27-Jan 2! I know it will be busy but I'm ready just to be back!
We are staying off-site in Windsor Hills.
I made our park reservations last night!
Dec28-MK
Dec 29-AK
Dec 30-HS
Dec 31-Epcot
Jan 1-MK

This is also a Christmas present for our girls so it will be the first time we've surprised them with a trip!
We are going Dec 18 - 26th and also surprising our kids with the trip as a present. Our kids are young, so we are having the elves on the shelf send them on a scavenger hunt that ends at the car. The car will already be packed they just have to get in and leave. I made all of the clues last night and they turned out so cute. Now to keep this secret for the next 87 days:santa:

We are going Dec 18 - 26th and also surprising our kids with the trip as a present. Our kids are young, so we are having the elves on the shelf send them on a scavenger hunt that ends at the car. The car will already be packed they just have to get in and leave. I made all of the clues last night and they turned out so cute. Now to keep this secret for the next 87 days:santa:
OH I love this idea! How fun! My girls are young enough for that too. We're planning on doing a scavenger hunt as well and the end gift is their magic bands and shirt that says "I can't keep calmI'm going to Disney!"

Keeping it a secret is going to be impossible especially because they've always known before when we're going so I'm used to sharing the plans we're making! :P .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter