****December 2020 Thread****

Just returned from a 2-night adults only trip last weekend. After seeing how well everything was orchestrated in the “bubble”, we just booked another trip with the whole family right before Christmas. Flights/airport were the only times we felt uneasy and that was more annoyance with mask compliance than actually feeling unsafe. :D

Like the current special of $58/day? No, but they usually have one starting in January/February.
Thank you. We are new Florida residents. I orginally wanted to get the family APs so I thought I would settle for tickets for this Christmas.
We were so excited to finally get Resident rate then 2020 happened.

Wouldn’t you know it...sunny and in the 80’s this week and I was planning on lots of pool relaxing time next week....now I’m repacking and adding gloves and a hat!

Wouldn’t you know it...sunny and in the 80’s this week and I was planning on lots of pool relaxing time next week....now I’m repacking and adding gloves and a hat!
We arrive on the 5th and I've been anxious to see what everyone there over the next week is wearing! Planning to pack layers!

We arrive on the 5th and I've been anxious to see what everyone there over the next week is wearing! Planning to pack layers!

We arrive on the 2nd and also planning to pack layers...actually hoping with lower temps maybe there won’t be quite as many locals at least in the evenings and early mornings.

Leaving Sunday , just added gloves , coat and hat to the packing list . We were there mid-November when there was a sudden cold snap and had to but buy warmer clothes . Lesson learned .

Disney loves when people come expecting Florida's warmth but not the cold.
I think that's the real reason Spirit Jerseys have made it big on the Disney scene because let's face it having huge words plastered across your entire back advertising a product doesn't make anyone look good. LOL.

(PS... I'm waiting for a specific one to turn up on ShopDisney to buy for my daughter.)

With the new extended hours announced today, do we think Disney will continue to open parks earlier still? Trying to figure our new walking approach to MK from BLT and DHS from YC. :scratchin

Forgot AK.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• December 4-6, 11-13, 18-19: Park hours extended 8am-8pm (previously 8am-7pm)
  • December 7-10, 14-17: Park hours extended 8am-5pm (previously 9am-5pm)

I'm on the fence about a Christmas trip, but today I paid the balance and bought airline tickets, so God willing, we will be at GF for the first time on Christmas Eve.
I’ll miss you by hours. Moving to BLT on Christmas Eve. We love VGF during Christmas.

I'd like to announce that we are a GO-FOR-GO!! DH and I are actively talking about Disney and he's good with it!

Yay! I was totally nodding my head when i read your previous post because i was in the same boat - i was ok to go but DH has been overdosing on news and was second-guessing like crazy. I haven't even posted on this thread before because i wasn't sure if we'd make it. But yesterday DH committed to going, so it looks like we're on, too.

To make him more comfortable, i cancelled all our indoor dining, and we've agreed that we each have veto power over anything - if one of us is uncomfortable in a situation, line, ride, shop, etc we will both leave, no debate and no questions asked.

We're also staying in a ft wilderness cabin, so we'll have a kitchen and our own space, and we're driving. So, i think we're about as safe as we can make it.

We'll be there dec 6 - 19 (i think it's our longest disney trip ever!) but because we could only get 7 day tix, we are going to the OI Universal after hours the 11th and 12th, the Give Kids the World light display, and we'll have 3 resort days.

We've been very covid cautious so I'm a little worried, too, but both of us need a change of scenery and some relaxation, so,i think the trip will do us good.

I am also looking at weather reports. I looked at the weather I took screenshots of while I was in the parks Nov 2019 and am trying to go prepared this time since it looks about the same.
To make him more comfortable, i cancelled all our indoor dining, and we've agreed that we each have veto power over anything - if one of us is uncomfortable in a situation, line, ride, shop, etc we will both leave, no debate and no questions asked.
My sister and I are doing the same. Before we booked, we told each other that if either of us feels uncomfortable at any moment that we’ll pull off to the side/go outside and wait it out or leave. I’m most worried about the flight so I’m hoping I can get through that.
I still have a couple of indoor restaurant ADR’s but I think I’m going to cancel at least one (but probably both) and choose to visit Give Kids the World that night instead.

Yay! I was totally nodding my head when i read your previous post because i was in the same boat - i was ok to go but DH has been overdosing on news and was second-guessing like crazy. I haven't even posted on this thread before because i wasn't sure if we'd make it. But yesterday DH committed to going, so it looks like we're on, too.

We're also staying in a ft wilderness cabin, so we'll have a kitchen and our own space, and we're driving. So, i think we're about as safe as we can make it.

We'll be there dec 6 - 19 (i think it's our longest disney trip ever!) but because we could only get 7 day tix, we are going to the OI Universal after hours the 11th and 12th, the Give Kids the World light display, and we'll have 3 resort days.

We've been very covid cautious so I'm a little worried, too, but both of us need a change of scenery and some relaxation, so,i think the trip will do us good.
YEAH for trips!!!

We are keeping our indoor dining as when we went to Disney in October DH was good with how Disney was handling everything - but due to the earlier park opening, we have cancelled all our sit down breakfasts, and we'll just go to Roaring Forks all 6 mornings - so we'll just rotate what we order off the menu to spice things up!

HA!

I'll be doing some serious packing today - I told DS that he's got to cooperate with the packing since I won't let him do that by himself since we are all about "matching"!

DH reminded me that i need to pack a little toilet paper this time - we have always stayed deluxe and never had an issue but this trip in Oct we had the thinnest, scratchiest TP at BLT so DH has put in his request for us to bring some!

He's a little high maintenance - but if brining TP makes him happier to be at Disney, then that's what I'll do!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter