****December 2020 Thread****

We'll be there November 28th to the 6th and I can't wait. We snagged a DVC rental so I'm pumped to be staying in a deluxe hotel for the first time. I feel like I've hit the limbo area of having the hotel but can't book anything else right now.

Booked on a bounce back for Dec. 8-17. Hopefully, we can swing it financially. Better start pinching the pennies now! Excited!

We're 2 Families of 4 (8 total) flying in from Australia a few days earlier and arriving at DW on the 4th.
Booked at POFQ from Dec 4-7 and AKL from 7-12 in a split stay.
Plan is to get a 6 day pass and do all the parks twice except for maybe Epcot with a free day in the middle.
My family has been to DL a few times (total of 15 days) so will be nice to see what the other side is like.

We'll be in the states for around a month. After DW we're cruising for a week, then heading to the snow for a white Christmas with extended family.... but mostly excited for Disney.

We're also considering a few days at DL on the way back through LA after Christmas... but nothing set in stone yet.

Yay! I can finally plan now because I found out the required hotel for my daughter's dance trip. We will do a split stay with Swan/Caribbean Beach 12/1 - 12/6!

Question:

we were last at WDW 11/2019

we won’t be back until 12/20

mom compiling the list of the new rides for us:

rise
Ratatouille
Mmrr

am I missing anything?

thanks!

Question:

we were last at WDW 11/2019

we won’t be back until 12/20

mom compiling the list of the new rides for us:

rise
Ratatouille
Mmrr

am I missing anything?

thanks!
There's a Beauty & the Beast cartoon in France in Epcot. Otherwise I think you got it for actual rides.

Hello, I just booked for Dec 18-23 at Yacht Club but those dates and hotel might move around based on my kids school calendar and if they offer the Ultimate Disney Christmas Package again this year. I did the package last month and I enjoyed it although the weather was very rainy and chilly for most of the trip. I'm hoping we can have a drier time this year, it not I'll probably go back to visiting in May/June instead lol. I will have my husband and two kids, 14 and 16. I hope they offer the package without the food plan this time, way too much food with all the special events.

Any thoughts on the Christmas party? We did the Halloween party way back in 2014 and loved it, but from everything I've read, the parties have changed a lot since then. Back then there was little to no wait for rides and it didn't feel super crowded. There are 11 of us, so it would be an expensive night for our group.

Hello, we did Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on 12/22/2019. It was rainy and parades were getting moved around to different times. Even with ponchos we were soaked through, my son's shoes were squishing they were so wet and his feet hurt because of it. My kids were over it soon into the party (they are teenagers) and wanted to leave by 8pm. The lines were still pretty long and it was still pretty crowded but we didn't stay late. The cookies were ok but not worth the extra steps out of my way in the rain. I also had a food plan and ate way to much for the trip so we were tired of eating at this point too 😆. I would try it one more time but really hope that it isn't rainy again.

Joining in the Christmas planning fun too! Just secured DVC rental for AKV Dec. 19-21 and Dec. 25-29 with a 3-night cruise on the Dream in between. Can’t wait!! It’s our second time celebrating Christmas at Disney! The first time was 22 years ago when DD was only 6 months old. I didn’t go on any ride. Had no clue about Kid Swap. We tagged along with some business friends and did not pay much attention to any “Disney” things at that time. Only remember the castle was decorated like a celebration cake. I was clueless then! This time would be different. First time trying DVC rental and have always wanted to stay at AKL. Hoping for a MVMCP on the Sunday before going on the cruise. Now waiting for Airmiles to open up the return flights so I can book. Definitely going to buy the Canadian Resident Tickets this weekend. Wouldn’t want to miss that offer! Have fun planning everyone!

So we will get MVMCP tickets as part of our daughter's dance package. It's not a hard ticket event that we would lean towards. We, of course, don't have to go, but since it's paid for, wondering if we should. If not, we obviously would go to any other park. Maybe we can play it all by ear, and obviously we'll have a lot of 2020 review on the parties before deciding. Just wondering if our time will be better spent elsewhere.

So we will get MVMCP tickets as part of our daughter's dance package. It's not a hard ticket event that we would lean towards. We, of course, don't have to go, but since it's paid for, wondering if we should. If not, we obviously would go to any other park. Maybe we can play it all by ear, and obviously we'll have a lot of 2020 review on the parties before deciding. Just wondering if our time will be better spent elsewhere.

I would definitely go if you get tickets! If you want to not use a park ticket for that day you can't enter the park until 4pm. I used a park ticket for that day and went in the morning and rode a good amount of rides.

I would definitely go if you get tickets! If you want to not use a park ticket for that day you can't enter the park until 4pm. I used a park ticket for that day and went in the morning and rode a good amount of rides.
This is my plan too! I will use a park ticket to enter early so I can line up for character meets and greets. Probably visiting another park in the morning.

Hm. Didn’t even think about that!!!

Hello I am new to the group. I will be going Dec 24th-28th. I am really excited. My kids and Mom have no idea my husband and I are planning this. I will surprise them with magicbands in gifts maybe the 23rd. Then just hop the plane and go. ✈. This is our 2nd time to Disneyworld, we also went during a busy time last time only it was summer, week of July 4th. I did alot of research and found the best tips and tricks to avoid lines and crowds. We only rode most rides one time and that was fine. And felt the trip was a success. We as a family prioritized our resturants ,events and rides. I started my 2020 spreadsheets of ride and food must have's. We used the dinning plan last time and I agree with others, as it is alot of food, but I liked having planned, sit down meals and dedicated time for dining. I have reserved our room at Port Orleans Riverside. Last time stayed at Contemporary and loved it. This time a little too pricey. I think the Port Orleans looks lovely too. I am so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!