December Vacation

Tigger7570

Happiness is OKW
We have been DVC Members since 1993 having bought at OKW. We have been going to Disney for twenty plus years, but have never been during the Christmas season. We normally go twice a year so we are familiar with just about everything. We are going 11/28-12/7 with our son, daughter-in-law and 5 year old granddaughter. We have tickets for the Very Merry Christmas and I was looking for other suggestions as well as not to be missed events. I would love to hear from anyone who has been at this time of year.

You will love it! See as many of the resorts as you can. Don't miss the Osborne Lights at MGM or the Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

We have been the last 2 years at this same time. It is a great time to go. My husband had a conference last year so I had some time with my two daughters (4&1) by myself. I took them to the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread houses which they loved. We did the MVMCP in 1999. It was a big waste of money for us. It was pouring rain so the parades were cancelled, it was so foggy that you couldn't even see the fireworks, and the lines were longer during the party than they had been all week. I guess it was just a big let down, but maybe under normal circumstances it would have been okay. But all things considered this is a great time to go. Make sure that if it gets warm enough one afternoon go ahead and swim at the hotel if you wish to. We swam on our arrival day last year, and it was a good thing, because it turned much colder the next day and the rest of the trip, and we never got to swim again. All the hotels are decorated so if you get a chance to wander around and look at them or eat a meal there take it. Downtown Disney is also decorated and my girls got to sit on Santa's lap last year. He was set up outside the World of Disney store. Have a great time!

This is our favorite time of the year to visit. The weather is so comfortable (read no heat/humidity!) and the parks are so festive.

Epcot has the santas around the world showcase which are very entertaining..they each tell the story of how their country celebrates the holiday. This is a day time event, each santa speaks several times a day, the times will be listed in your epcot guide.

The tree lighting at both MK and Epcot are very entertaining events. Epcot also has the lights winter arches that are on the pathway leading from future world to the world showcase leading up to their giant tree..at the tree lighting, the arches are also lit, and they are sycronized to music..its fun to watch these for awhile too.

when you're at MVMCP enjoy the "party" events and save the park touring for another day when your at the MK. The shows are quite entertaining and the parade is great. Don't miss the fireworks..and stand where you can see which special guest flies from cinderella castle at the beginning...it isn't tinkerbell this time! The christmas decorations on mainstreet in the MK are so beautiful..and it's like a page right out of normal rockwell to walk down the street with the snow flying, and carols playing. If you can, take a few minutes to sit at the tables near the bakery/ice cream and just watch the crowds and street scene.

to get into the holiday spirit bring some decorations for your villa...bring a string of lights for your balcony, or a small tree for the room.

Don't miss the wilderness lodge or Grand Floridian..their trees are not to be missed. I suspect, given the size of the AK lobby they too must have a huge tree..but not sure how that would fit with the african theme. the BWV also have a beautiful decorations in the lobby.

Have a great time..but be aware that you may find this time of year will quickly become your favorite time to visit too! We're returning 11/27 - 12/9 at OKW...can't wait!

The Country Bear Jamboree in the Magic Kingdom has a special Christmas show. I think it's better than the original. They play Christmas music in all the parks. I can still remember my 4 1/2 year old singing softly along to "Santa Baby" while shopping at MGM; now there's a song you want your kid to learn....not! The Christmas atmosphere was just so nice. ALL the restaurants were empty, especially off site. No crowds anywhere. Like someone else said, see the decorations at all the hotels, or at least as many as you can. We get there the 8th, so we'll just miss you. Have a good time!

Hey Tigger, we'll see you there! We'll be at OKW 11/27-12/2. Right after thanksgiving is our favorite time to go. Crowds are small and it's so festive.

The candlelight processional is our one big "Must Do". You can get dinner packages that give you reserved seating for it. I highly recommend doing this, as you usually have to line up at least 45 minutes early to get a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter