December Waitlist Question...

DVCRSheridan

Disney Ohana
As of now we have Dec 14-17 at Poly in a Lake view studio for our son's 1st Disney trip! We're cool with Poly for sure, but would prefer either BWV (our favorite resort) or BLT. I know given the time of year, neither is likely to come through (especially BLT) but we'd like to give it a try anyway. We're definitely gonna use 1 waitlist for a BWV G/P view studio, but we can't decide on the 2nd. What do you guys think has the best shot for that 2nd waitlist:

1) BWV BW view studio
2) BLT Lake view studio
3) BCV studio
4) Another view studio at 1 of the 3 resorts mentioned (we'd consider a 1bdrm at BWV or BCV also cuz it's not TOO much more than the studio at Poly or BLT)

Thanks! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Ok so we ended up waitlisting 1) BWV G/P studio and 2) BWV G/P 1 bedroom (which already has 2 of the 3 nights available). Just felt like given the time of the year and inventory at each resort, BWV would be our best shot at getting 1. BLT would be great at Christmas, but that's exactly why I didn't think it would have much of a chance of coming through.

The one bedroom is your best shot. Can you book the 2 available nights and just waitlist 1?

So currently the 1st night is available in a BWV BW view 1bdrm and the other 2 nights are available in a BWV G/P view 1 bedroom. We're debating if we want to book these and then use 1 waitlist for the other 2 BW view nights and the other for the 1 G/P view night. Any other time I think that's what we would do for sure, but being our son's 1st trip we're nervous to do this and then end up not getting it AND losing Poly.

So currently the 1st night is available in a BWV BW view 1bdrm and the other 2 nights are available in a BWV G/P view 1 bedroom. We're debating if we want to book these and then use 1 waitlist for the other 2 BW view nights and the other for the 1 G/P view night. Any other time I think that's what we would do for sure, but being our son's 1st trip we're nervous to do this and then end up not getting it AND losing Poly.
Personally, if I was truly that concerned about WLs not coming through, I wouldn't even risk it. PVB is a beautiful resort and you have plenty of other chances to stay at BWV with your son. At most, I would WL all 3 nights for a BWV 1-BR at each of the two views. That way, you won't lose the PVB reservation while hoping to fill one of the BWV ones. Your odds of filling all 3 nights are less than those of filling a single night but at least you would have the assurance of not having to split your stay.

Personally, if I was truly that concerned about WLs not coming through, I wouldn't even risk it. PVB is a beautiful resort and you have plenty of other chances to stay at BWV with your son. At most, I would WL all 3 nights for a BWV 1-BR at each of the two views. That way, you won't lose the PVB reservation while hoping to fill one of the BWV ones. Your odds of filling all 3 nights are less than those of filling a single night but at least you would have the assurance of not having to split your stay.

Exactly! We're definitely not upset about PVB (especially at Christmas season), we'd just always prefer BWV as it's by far our favorite resort. Not worth risking PVB though! If our original reservation was at like SSR or OKW, then we'd probably do it. Not now though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter