Decided to take the plunge. Offer accepted. How I made my decision

Tip: if hoping for a split stay, book your home resort as a split in the beginning, because you can’t modify just part of a reservation to a different resort. For example, if you want 4 nights at CCV and hope for 3 nights at BWV, book a 4 night reservation and a 3 night reservation at CCV. They will have separate booking windows.

At 7 months, if BWV is available, you simply modify that reservation online. If BWV isn’t available, you can waitlist and check the box to replace the relevant CCV reservation. If BWV never becomes available, just chat/email/call MS to merge the two CCV reservations (assuming exactly the same villa size and booking category) into one.
This is a GREAT piece of advice. As a soon to be new owner, thank you.

I think CCV is a solid choice, especially considering factors such as point charts and dues. The only 2 reasons I put in an offer on Bay Lake Tower instead were location, and the realization that the building material of CCV is actually older than BLT based on the age of Wilderness Lodge, so could require higher maintenance fees sooner. But right now the dues are very reasonable!
That makes sense on maintenance fees.

Tip: if hoping for a split stay, book your home resort as a split in the beginning, because you can’t modify just part of a reservation to a different resort. For example, if you want 4 nights at CCV and hope for 3 nights at BWV, book a 4 night reservation and a 3 night reservation at CCV. They will have separate booking windows.

At 7 months, if BWV is available, you simply modify that reservation online. If BWV isn’t available, you can waitlist and check the box to replace the relevant CCV reservation. If BWV never becomes available, just chat/email/call MS to merge the two CCV reservations (assuming exactly the same villa size and booking category) into one.
thank you so much! There are so many in and outs of booking, this is super helpful!

Just curious why you did not want OKW?
If we were going to choose a 2042 with strictly bus transportation to parks we would have went with SSR. I know some contracts can be 2057 but those were all much more $. Also, Disney had already made extension offers on OKW so we didnt forsee them offering it again and at the other 2042's maybe there's a chance of extension.

If we were going to choose a 2042 with strictly bus transportation to parks we would have went with SSR. I know some contracts can be 2057 but those were all much more $. Also, Disney had already made extension offers on OKW so we didnt forsee them offering it again and at the other 2042's maybe there's a chance of extension.
SSR lasts until 2054.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter