Deciding Which Deluxe Resort/Club Level

Shaun C.

Earning My Ears
I'm planning my first Walt Disney World vacation in roughly 20 years, aiming for a visit during the 50th anniversary (I know, me and every other person!) The caveat is I'm also taking along my best friend, who has never been to WDW, and is as much a Disney fan as I am. I want to make the trip very memorable, so I'm going all-out. Limo transport from the airport to the hotel, 10-day stay, dinner at Victoria & Albert's, maybe even flying first class (depending on where costs fall.) I'm torn on which Deluxe Resort I want to go with, though. The Grand Floridian seems like it just screams "bucket list vacation", but I also have my eye on the Contemporary and Polynesian.

I intend to do Club Level wherever we go, so I'm looking for input from folks who have experienced it before at one (or more) of the Deluxe Resorts - preferably the aforementioned, but any input is valued.

Thoughts?

I’d suggest you check out the posts in the club discussion (1,300 + and counting!); they’re very helpful. I’m a longtime Contemporary fan, so I can offer no objectivity; the MK-view club rooms are wonderful (so are the lake views). Of course we all have our favorites, so decide the location you’d like - MK or Epcot, for example - and check out photos to get a feel for what’s offered. We only do relatively short club stays since we book DVC for the bulk of our stay. There are wonderful options; enjoy your search!

Agree about the CL thread on here. It really helped me commit to what I booked. ha ha. Tons of great long term info and trends. They're all great, but very different. What one person loves another might find annoying. ;) I'll be doing poly CL soon and already promised to add updated pics to that thread. :)

GF main building (also known as RPC, or Royal Palm Club), for sure. You won't regret it. You'll be in the lap of luxury your entire trip. The Poly does not come close (cannot comment on Contemporary as we have never stayed there).

I'm planning my first Walt Disney World vacation in roughly 20 years, aiming for a visit during the 50th anniversary (I know, me and every other person!) The caveat is I'm also taking along my best friend, who has never been to WDW, and is as much a Disney fan as I am. I want to make the trip very memorable, so I'm going all-out. Limo transport from the airport to the hotel, 10-day stay, dinner at Victoria & Albert's, maybe even flying first class (depending on where costs fall.) I'm torn on which Deluxe Resort I want to go with, though. The Grand Floridian seems like it just screams "bucket list vacation", but I also have my eye on the Contemporary and Polynesian.

I intend to do Club Level wherever we go, so I'm looking for input from folks who have experienced it before at one (or more) of the Deluxe Resorts - preferably the aforementioned, but any input is valued.

Thoughts?

If you want "bucket list" GF RPC (main building CL) is the way to go, IMHO. GF is WDW's signature resort for a reason. If that doesn't appeal, Poly CL would be a close second for me. The theming at the Poly is just stunning. CR is great if you want to walk to MK, but, as an overall resort, it's a bit sterile, IMHO.

Sooo many pros and cons among all the CLs, and the resorts.

If you’ll forgive the unsolicited opinion, are you committed to one resort for the full 10 days? I tend to think any resort/CL combo starts to get a bit stale for that length of stay, no matter how much you love it.

We like MK resort and Epcot resort splits as it gives you the best of the locational advantages of the two. A Poly/YC split is a nice mix of resort styles, CLs, etc, but really any mix could do. Even something more aggressive like a GF/AK split could make for a lovely trip.

Anyway, sorry again for the unsolicited opinion.

Sooo many pros and cons among all the CLs, and the resorts.

If you’ll forgive the unsolicited opinion, are you committed to one resort for the full 10 days? I tend to think any resort/CL combo starts to get a bit stale for that length of stay, no matter how much you love it.

We like MK resort and Epcot resort splits as it gives you the best of the locational advantages of the two. A Poly/YC split is a nice mix of resort styles, CLs, etc, but really any mix could do. Even something more aggressive like a GF/AK split could make for a lovely trip.

Anyway, sorry again for the unsolicited opinion.
I agree. I’m not a fan of split stays on trips less than 5 days. 10 days seems perfect for a trip to enjoy two great resorts. Disney will take great care of you and your luggage during your move. I’m partial to the Poly and the Wilderness. I do like the GF and the Contemporary as well but my preferable choices seem to really encompass me in their themes and their surroundings, plus they seem to be far removed from the hectic atmosphere of the parks. Anyway you go you can’t go wrong especially with you including Club Level. I hope you enjoy!

All of the deluxes are so lovely. And I think a trip with a best friend will be an amazing time together wherever you end up.

I actually took a good friend on her 1st and my 23rd trip to WDW this summer. I wanted to show off as much as I could of what the world is about. So if I were you and I knew we would be having dinner at the Grand Floridian, that’s probably not where I’d pick to stay. But you are right about it being the ultimate bucket list spot. Something about being the most expensive makes it the most special, right?

I’ve stayed club level at the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk. I’ve stayed at all the other deluxes too. And they really are amazing. This is such a tough choice.

Wilderness Lodge has been my favorite of the three clubs. I liked spending time at the top of the Lodge in the club lounge. The Polynesian one was great too, and the Hawaii building is such a great location within the resort. The beach feel is great. The contemporary feels the most energetic of the monorail resorts. If you’re going for a luxury vacation, I recommend dining at the California Grill, whether of not you choose to stay at the contemporary.

Your vacation sounds lovely. I’d love to hear what you decide, and how it goes.

I recommend the California grill too it was amazing! I loved the YC club level and am doing BWI club this year bc of reviews and recommendations on this forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!