Decisions, Decisions

ljsmom

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide between the hotels below for a trip scheduled for October. DH and I will be traveling with two DS ages 2 and 5. We like the idea of a suite. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Marriott Courtyard LBV
Best Western Suites & Resort - Lake Cecile
Comfort Suites Main Gate Eassst

Thanks!

Will this be an all Disney trip or do you have other parks in mind? If it's all Disney, there are several options available in the Lake Buena Vista area (Holiday Inn Family Suites, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale, Embassy Suites, a new Residence Inn, etc.). All of the ones I listed include a free hot breakfast buffet. My personal favorite is Embassy Suites because of their cooked to order breakfasts. We generally skipped lunch altogether and just ate an early dinner.

Being that this will be our third trip in a year (trying to get the most out of those APs) we are trying to economize on lodging. We will most likely do Seaworld for one day and possibly IoA. Regardless, we will be renting a car so location is not all that important.

Thanks for the info.

We stayed @ BW Suites & Resort on Lake Cecile, Apr28-May4, '01. They're roomy, but ask about a separate Bedroom, ours had a full kitchen, 2 beds, but was more of a studio apt. (It was an "executive suite"). Pool is not heated, ask about the resort fee/safe, you will be charged whether you use it or not. The breakfast buffet is really marginal, unless you like cold cereal, sausage, an egg substance shaped like a pancake thing, make it yourself toast, and not much else. Waffle Houses are nearby, but you can't walk to them .. There are apparently some ammenities @ this hotel, but the staff was not particularly loquacious about what was available. Sorry, the last negative is that you have to make a left turn, across the highway (192) out of the place, in order to get to anywhere, including the attractions.

Sorry, just read one of your replies, the Holiday Inn Family Suites is just a little closer than the BW's on 192, I don't know where the other ones mentioned are. DIS posters rave about HIFS, maybe worth checking out.

of those hotels but I have only personally seen and am most familiar with the Comfort Suites Maingate East due to staying in the same area before.

This all suite hotel is a fairly newer property within the vicinity and I definitely remember reading some positive reviews on this hotel from families that have stayed there (maybe you can do a search and see if any still pop up) and know that they do have discounts on their website such as AAA and others that you may be eligible for. Also noticed positive reviews about them on www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/3_wdw/wdw_offsite.htm under the Kissimmee S.R. 192 heading.

They have an online reservations system on their site www.comfortsuites-orlando.com Or, you can check the chain website www.choicehotels.com because they may offer it at a cheaper rate. They have various amenties that you can read about listed on their home page and the location is only 2 miles to Disney maingates so your drive there should be a matter of minutes; also convenient to Sea World and Universal Parks.

Also, very close to eating/shopping; hope this helps.

We stayed at Comfort Suites Maingate East for 1 night early this month. I had read great reviews on this hotel on these boards. We were NOT dissapointed, its a fairly new hotel, nice and clean! The rooms have 2 queen beds and a queen sleep-sofa. They also had a fridge, microwave and coffe pot. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter