Deferral???

J3nn78

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me how deferral works? Do we pay the deferral fee and then the money paid for this race goes towards the next race?

DH cannot run the Goofy this year. He hurt his knee, went to the ortho and he is out-bursitis.

He first thought he might sell his bib(agains rD policy) but then someone mentioned deferral...tried calling rD today, but they are closed.

So, just hoping for some answers/experience with the deferral process.

Thanks!

I think they refund you for this year and then you register and repay for next year plus the deferral fee.

We did it for the 2013 W&D 1/2 and it was no big deal. There were a few transactions, refund, then recharge at this year's current rate…then any up charge to make the difference between 2015 and 2016 registration fees may come later. Aside from the difference in charge between the 2013 and 2014 registrations (which we were notified about maybe 3 months before the 2014 run via email, not at the time we deferred…so keep eyes peeled for rD emails, or be proactive and contact them as they will drop you from the race if you don't pay the difference which was $10 in our case).

We did the whole thing via email and I think there was a form we faxed back.

Sorry to hear about his knee.

Can someone tell me how deferral works? Do we pay the deferral fee and then the money paid for this race goes towards the next race?

DH cannot run the Goofy this year. He hurt his knee, went to the ortho and he is out-bursitis.

He first thought he might sell his bib(agains rD policy) but then someone mentioned deferral...tried calling rD today, but they are closed.

So, just hoping for some answers/experience with the deferral process.

Thanks!

rundisney.com, go to the event, go to Registration then Registration Policy. Under that policy you will find the Deferral info.

If you are currently registered for The Walt Disney World® Marathon in 2015 you may defer your registration to The Walt Disney World® Marathon in 2016 subject to availability, on or before December 18, 2014.

Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by November 20, 2014. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between November 21 and December 18, 2014.

Deferrals are not allowed for the Walt Disney World® 5K, runDisney Kids Races, or any other race weekend purchases.

To defer your race registration click here.

Deferrals are subject to capacity limits and may close prior to the deferral deadline.
- Dopey Challenge – 25%
- Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge – 28%
- Walt Disney World® Marathon – 36%
- Walt Disney World® Half Marathon – 32%
- Walt Disney World® 10K – 20%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter