Delays, Excitement, Burnin Up, Performers- WBPC 2017 TR

WDWJonasGirl

Mouseketeer/Directioner
Hi everyone!!!

My name is Kaitlin and I was on the Panama Canal WB with my family. This was my 7th Disney Cruise and my 5th Cruise TR. I'll be 22 later this month and I did this same Itinerary back in 2015.

Some of you may want to know what the TR name stands for. Well, we've had delays (you'll see in next section), the weather was Burnin Up (name of a Jonas Brothers song), had lots of excitment and saw lots of performers.

Up Next: What?! Didn't we already do this?!, Will we make it to Florida? Stay tuned to find out

Day 1- April 22, 2017- What?! Another Delay?! When will we go?!

Waking up early is not easy. Especially when it involves an early flight. That's what happened with my family and I. I was up at 6:30 that morning and waited for the shuttle
to come to my house. While in the shuttle, we discovered our flight would be delayed. :confused3 No big deal, assumed something was up in San Francisco.

After arriving at LAX, went through security (not a problem) and then headed for a long walk to gate 37A. It was there that we discovered that there were maitenance problems with the
plane so it would be delayed. What?! :scared1: Not Again!! For those of you who did not read my last TR, my flight to Miami had this exact same problem and left later than we thought. It was then postponed to 11, assuming it would be fixed then. Nope, didn't happen. No biggie, hung out in the terminal and then changed it to 2 PM. What?! :furious: Not good. Thankfully, another plane would come and the flight would leave at 12:30. :woohoo:

I did get pictures from the plane and got both Disneyland and WDW pics from the plane. After finallly arriving in Orlando :cheer2:, I had wanted to go to the Disney and Universal stores to get brochures and an autograph book. From there, it was off to the hotel while mom and aunt went to CVS because my mom didn't have enough of one of her medicines. We ate at Denny's near the hotel.

Up Next: What characters will I see?, Who will our servers be? Stay tuned to find out

Last edited:
I'm not even done unpacking yet and you've already started your TR?!....
Unfortunately, yes I have. I didn't even have a name chosen until the other day. Anywho, here are some pictures of Saturday April 22nd:

b0QIQ6Z.jpg

Airport, taken from shuttle

68iEHpl.jpg

Flight info

RB0joGO.jpg

Got this from the plane, Disneyland is the yellow circle

rzZaaPN.jpg

The best I could do but that's most of Disney

gxznGcC.jpg

Epcot and Hollywood Studios

yt0DQT1.jpg

Magic Kingdom, I do apologize, the lighting wasn't that great but this was the best I could do

0eME9Mw.jpg

Universal Orlando

S2OlI1F.jpg

Orlando airport, the building in the middle is actually a hotel

kcdtxQ2.jpg

We interrupt this TR with an important Shutters FYI:

For those of you who are traveling in more than one stateroom on future cruises, don't expect to be able to purchase pictures of each other :headache:, even though your cabins are linked :sad2: Shutters Facial Recognition policy resulted in all 6 staterooms (I went with a group of 12 other people) pictures located in one stateroom account :confused3 :scared1: However, we (my family) were not allowed to buy them :furious: Shutters policy is the only time you can buy photos from another stateroom is if someone from your stateroom is in the photo or if the other cabin (occupants) are your unmarried children. We confirmed that grandparents who are not in the photo with their grandchildren wouldn't be able to buy those photos :confused:

And now back to the TR:

Day 2- Port Canaveral, Characters, Busses

All aboard! It was time to head to the Disney Wonder. First stop was breakfast at the hotel (free, thank goodness) and then off to the airport to board the bus. They showed a video getting us pumped and some cartoons. While there, I also got pictures.

Once off the bus, it was time to go through security (no big deal) and do check in. While there, we would also get a navigator. The Port Canaveral terminal is neat because there's a model of the ship you can look at. A little while later, Mickey showed up so I took a picture with him. Pluto also showed up too. Right after I finished with Pluto, it was my family's boarding group's turn to board and do the picture.

Once on board the ship, you get announced which I love because it makes you feel like you're really there. From there, we went to lunch at Triton's. Much to my dismay, it's now a menu but I did have Potato Leek Soup. From there, I went to the room to drop my stuff off before going to the buffet. Before the lovely safety drill, I went up to take pictures
of Port Canaveral views. After the drill, I went to deck 4 to take pictures of us leaving Port Canaveral. It was so hilarious because there was a tour boat and they blasted the Mickey Mouse club song.

Dinner that night was at Triton's. Our servers were the famous Maggie from Trinidad & Tobago and Xing from China. After dinner, I went to the stores where I saw someone familiar. It was Jelena from Montenegro who was in Mickey's Mates the last time I was here. I was shocked that she remembered me after two years. After that good stuff, I headed up to deck 9 to watch The Good Dinosaur. Thank god I didn't go to the Be our Guest variety show because it was all about the different acts. That night, I saw Pluto, Minnie, Goofy, Belle and Tiana.

Up Next: What are Chip and Dale doing?, Don't Panic this is Animation, Marvel, How Far I'll Go

Hi :) Glad you had a great trip! Cool pictures of the parks from the airplane! Bummer about the shutters photos, I know we had that same issue when traveling with my parents.

Last edited:
Hi :) Glad you had a great trip! Cool pictures of the parks from the airplane! Bummer about the photos, I know we had that same issue when traveling with my parents.
Thanks for subscribing Roxie! I have never gotten Disneyland from the plane before but I have of WDW. Unfortunately, those were the best I could do

Thanks for subscribing Roxie! I have never gotten Disneyland from the plane before but I have of WDW. Unfortunately, those were the best I could do
Hi Peanut! Sorry if my post was confusing :) the "bummer" was actually referring to the Shutters photos on the cruise.
You did an awesome job taking pictures from the plane! I am not sure I would have even spotted the parks from a plane :)
I'm looking forward to reading more of your trip report.

Awesome that you already started your TR. I look forward to reading the rest!!!

Thank you guys! Here's Day 3:

Day 3- April 24, 2017- Marvel, What are Chip and Dale doing?, Don't Panic, Characters

Today was the first sea day. I started off early by having breakfast at Cabana's.

jllVxtZ.jpg

In the buffet restaurant, that's Bailey from Finding Dory

My next stop for the day was Animation with the very hilarious Mitch. We drew Mickey and Goofy. Along the way, I went to the stores and went to see characters. Later that day, I went to the 3D ship crafts. I gotta say, it is not easy to make. This was also where I met the talented Raani from the UK. The characters I saw were Stitch, Chip, Dale, Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Belle.

egPWUtn.jpg

Me with Chip and Dale, in the next post, you'll see something hilarious the did

L7NDoP9.jpg

Me and Donald

GqQIdov.jpg

Me with Daisy

DszmVj9.jpg

One of the drawings outside one of the restaurants, which is my personal favorite

That night was formal night. We would be going to Animator's Palate. As usual, Animator's Palate had a neat show where when the restaurant changed from Black and White to color, the servers did a show. That night, I skipped the comedian show in favor of Moana. The movie was good just like I remembered. After the movie, I went to see Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Donald before changing out to casual clothes. That night, I went to the Oceaneer Club for the adults only time. I loved doing this last time.

yfBnoJR.jpg

Me with Belle dressed up

zyPqrSw.jpg

Winnie the Pooh drawing in Animator's Palate (not mine)

jImp3v6.jpg

Piglet and Stitch
b3eFPCq.jpg

Chip and Dale messing around, as usual

QMnnQgn.jpg

Me with Goofy dressed up

That night, the activity was Origins: Captain America. You got to hear the backstory of Captain America. I was chosen to be Howard Stark, the father of Iron Man. Captain America even showed up after the event too.

Up Next: Cozumel, My God it's Loud in Here, Magicians, Cupcakes

Last edited:
Thank you guys! Here's Day 3:

Day 3- Marvel, What are Chip and Dale doing?, Don't Panic, Characters

Today was the first sea day. I started off early by having breakfast at Cabana's. My next stop for the day was Animation with the very hilarious Mitch. We drew Mickey and Goofy. Along the way, I went to the stores and went to see characters. Later that day, I went to the 3D ship crafts. I gotta say, it is not easy to make. This was also where I met the talented Raani from the UK. The characters I saw were Stitch, Chip, Dale, Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Belle.

That night was formal night. We would be going to Animator's Palate. As usual, Animator's Palate had a neat show where when the restaurant changed from Black and White to color, the servers did a show. That night, I skipped the comedian show in favor of Moana. The movie was good just like I remembered. After the movie, I went to see Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Donald before changing out to casual clothes. That night, I went to the Oceaneer Club for the adults only time. I loved doing this last time.

That night, the activity was Origins: Captain America. You got to hear the backstory of Captain America. I was chosen to be Howard Stark, the father of Iron Man. Captain America even showed up after the event too.

Up Next: Cozumel, My God it's Loud in Here, Magicians, Cupcakes
It was great fun to travel with you, Peanut! I'm enjoying your report and am looking forward to the next installment. You were absolutely the most informed person I knew on the ship and it was great to know I could go to you to find out what was happening at any given time. Happy I stumbled onto your post!

It was great fun to travel with you, Peanut! I'm enjoying your report and am looking forward to the next installment. You were absolutely the most informed person I knew on the ship and it was great to know I could go to you to find out what was happening at any given time. Happy I stumbled onto your post!
Thanks for subscribing Teri! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Here are some pictures:
8bxxT3c.jpg

Other Disney Store at MCO while I ran back to the busses after picking up my Orlando newspaper

FhgXfrK.jpg

On the bus

It97SXU.jpg

Me with the model of the ship in the Port Canaveral terminal

vElF1FX.jpg

Me with Mickey
vPscLvh.png

Weather/Info for the Day

Hawcmfa.jpg

Me with Pluto in Port Canaveral terminal

PhK93il.jpg

View from Deck 10, before safety drill

FHcoIqy.jpg

Terminal/Parking Area

i4pQfdM.jpg

More Port Canaveral

aY14nqY.jpg

One side of the terminal

Gjt8bHu.jpg

Other side of terminal

bOe33dS.jpg

Port Canaveral side view

ZgPxyll.jpg

View from top deck

Dd1ZlZ4.jpg

View from my room. Look closely and you'll see the Kennedy Space Center

IorwY0N.jpg

Terminal

9ooBo8F.jpg

People watching from restaurants. The teal tour boat was blasting the Mickey Mouse Club theme and was next to us
U0AgRgc.jpg

Parking lot near a beach. Was impressed with how many people came
lgqbLHs.jpg

Parking and part of the beach
AkUiL6S.jpg

The beach
OQ3H7Fd.jpg

Another shot of the beach

Day 4- April 25, 2017- Cozumel, Magicians, Cupcakes
uxzq0KO.png

Weather and info about Day 3

Time for our first port of call, Cozumel. My family and I would head out to the mall nearby the dock to do some shopping. We decided not do an excursion since we've been there in 2015. It was soo hot, hence the Burning Up part of my trip report name. I ended up buying some postcards, a New York Giants button and shirt (I cheer for them despite being a California girl) and a couple magnets.

H3kkr4y.jpg

On the dock

9zVKZAo.jpg

View of the town from mall bridge

dKxiSQN.jpg

The ships docked at the port that day. The Wonder is on the left

Once back on the ship, I joined my parents for lunch before seeing Mexican Goofy and Minnie. I went outside to deck 10 to get pictures of us leaving Cozumel. Before it left, I went to see Mexican Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale before heading to deck 4 (port side) and eventually back to deck 10.
y7eWSWo.jpg

Me with Mexican Pluto

ZxQOfb3.jpg

Cozumel from deck 10

JcTU5oU.jpg

Another pic of Cozumel

k2SAMPU.jpg

Leaving Cozumel

I must had been occupied because by the time I was done with taking the pictures and seeing Donald, I was late for dinner. That night, we would be eating at Tiana's Place. It was interesting and if you like live music and/or shouting to have a conversation, this is for you. I did like seeing Louis but we would have to wait until Mardi Gras for it.

L9pOpQC.jpg

Tiana and Tiana's Place Band

OaHYB6I.jpg

Tiana's Place Band

That night, I went to my first Walt Disney Theatre show, Hector is Magic. Along the way, I went to go see Captain Hook, Smee, Chip, Dale and Goofy. Hector was so hilarious and I was impressed with the tricks he did. Afterwards, I did meet him, bought the DVD and even took a picture with him. That night, the adults only activity took place in the Lab. It was an Anyone that Cooks cupcake competition. Little did I know, we were going to be in teams and you were assigned a movie theme by the chef. My group (I was the volunteer to get the envelope) ended up getting Frozen which was adorable. Other teams had Rapunzel's tower, Mater, BB8 and Captain America's Shield. Unfortunatley, my team did not win but it was a tie between Rapunzel's Tower and Mater. No, we did not get to eat them.

0j2BcfO.jpg

Captain Hook and Smee with me

DJFGgca.jpg

Mexican Goofy and I

8wxkDsl.jpg

Me with Hector the Magician and his assistant

Up Next: Who's Panicing?, The Golden Mickeys are when?, Are you serious, you didn't have to wait an hour and a half for the Frozen people? Stay Tuned

Last edited:
Day 5- April 26, 2017- Magicians, The Golden Mickeys are When?

Sea Day #2 is here. My first stop was breakfast before heading to Animator's Palate for my Frozen ticket reservation. Anna and Elsa were there with Olaf this time. Unlike 2015, I did not have to wait an hour and a half just to see them (it was Olaf by himself then).
dG9btCN.jpg

Me with Anna, Elsa, and Olaf. The last time I had cruised, it was an hour and a half wait for Olaf which I did not have to deal with, thankfully

I then went to another Animation class by the hilarious Mitch. This time, we drew Minnie and Pluto. On my way to lunch, do some of the crafts, go to the DVC presentation to get a pin, and see Ariel.
1mYqmY8.jpg

Me and Ariel

That afternoon, I went to see Belle, Stitch, Donald, Minnie, and Rapunzel. I would also do 3D Lion King and Tangled crafts. Dinner that night was at Triton's and afterwards, I went to see Hector the Magician's Family show since I loved it so much the night before. Once again, I took a picture with him before going to the show that night, the Golden Mickeys. They had redone it since the last time I went in 2015. First of all, no more annoying pre-show hostess. Second of all, the comedy part was replaced with Princess and the Frog. Once again, Ensign Benson was hilarious. After the show, I went to see Pluto and go for a little walk before heading to sleep. On my way back to the room, I ran into Daisy and Donald.

eq5KFyT.jpg

Me with Belle
YfCekDg.jpg

Me and Stitch

gwfKBqB.jpg

Me with Hector the Magician

Up Next: A Yummy Character Breakfast, will I like seeing cute boys?, What was the activity in the lab?, Will I be glad I went to see Edge Effect?, Will.....Zootopia.....be....like.....I...remembered....? Stay tuned

Last edited:
Day 6- April 27, 2017- Magicians, Cute Boys, No, that is not a boy band, Ha......ha.....ha...., Goo?!

Today was Sea Day #3. My day started off with a character breakfast which was yummy. After breakfast, I went to go see Doc before going to Animation Daisy and Stitch. :stitch2: I would then stay at the promenade lounge to do buttons and see Jake before going to lunch. After lunch, I went to Ridley Pearson's story writing class. I am a former Virtual Magic Kingdom player and now a player of MyVMK (the remake) so he was thrilled to find out this. I don't know why but Ridley called Yasmin, the entertainment girl hosting this Vanna White :lmao: but I found this hilarious. She ended up with the nickname "the English Vanna White" which she found hilarious.

That afternoon was another adults only activity in the Lab. This time, it was Gasses in Action where you got to make your own goo. It was so hilarious. Along the way, I would pick up the 3D Dumbo:dumbo: and Lion King crafts before briefly heading to the Castaway Club reception and seeing Captain Hook. After a yummy dinner, I would go see Daisy, Rapunzel, and Donald before heading to the Edge Effect show. I originally wasn't planning on going to see them :scared1: but I changed my mind once Jelena (remember her from earlier?) and everyone gave me their reviews. I am so glad I went because I gotta say, they were pretty cute. I loved their music too. So much that I had to buy their cd (last one) and the Christmas CD. After the show, I went to see Chip and Dale, see the remainder of Zootopia (my original plan, which was good as always) and the adults only Hector show. Once again, he was so funny.

Up Next: Who Lives in a what under the sea?, Cartagena, will I like John Charles?

Last edited:
Here are pictures:
E6lb415.jpg

Me with Captain Hook

wUCFZ1P.jpg

Me and Daisy

AbtfVxm.jpg

Me with Rapunzel

J1FPyq3.jpg

Me with the Japanese daughter and Raani, one of the CMs I really liked. She came all the way from Japan with her mom. I was really impressed because she made her own outfits and would dress in a character's outfit each day. In addition, she would also take pictures OF the characters after her turn to sell them in Japan.
2rMrWtr.jpg

The same, talented cast member who was part of the cruise staff entertainment team. She was really sweet and hilarious. The Japanese daughter took this
gTvkFlx.jpg

This is Edge Effect, the acapella group. I originally did not plan on seeing them but I am so glad I did because I really liked them.
36KoGzZ.jpg

Me at Hector the Magician's last show. I loved him and he was funny

Last edited:
Day 7- April 28, 2017- Cartagena, Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea?, Hilarious People

Today, we docked in Cartagena. My dad and I got off since my mom wasn't feeling good. We would just walk around the bird aviary and the gift shop which was nearby. While in shore, my dad called my sister who was not able to join us due to college. :sad: That afternoon, I went up to take pictures of us leaving Cartagena and I could hear a deck party going on due to the fact that this was the last east coast port. :cool1:I got lots of amazing pictures, a lot I didn't get in 2015. Dinner that night was at Tiana's Place. No, they didn't have Mardi Gras that night due to a special menu. I would also go to Mickey and Minnie 3D Crafts and Officer Pin Trading.

That night, the show was John Charles. OMG! He was so hilarious and the songs too. Among the songs he did were Eagles, a Backstreet Boys song :rotfl: (I whispered to the gentleman next to me that only millenials know this, he agreed), the Mickey Mouse Club song, the Flinestones (for the older people) and for the millenials (I'm one of them), the Spongebob Squarepants song (which explains the second part of the title). :lmao: After the show, I wanted to see Captain America and Spider Man incase their lines were crazy the following morning. I ended up waiting 15 minutes for Captain America and 40 minutes for Spider Man. They were impressed that they were on my shirt.

Up Next: For the First Time in Forever, we did what?, Who's coronation is this?, I'm Burning Up

Last edited:
Day 8- April 29, 2017- Panama, For the First Time in Forever, we Made History, Coronations, Burnin Up

Today would be the most exciting day of the cruise. As many of you may know, the Disney Wonder was the first passenger vessel to go through the new Panama Canal
locks. :woohoo: I was so excited when I found this out. I started off that morning going to see Zootopia, have breakfast, go to Animation (drew Chip the teacup), and see Tinkerbell. :tink:While outside taking pictures, I saw Pluto pluto: before heading back to the room. The crowd at the vistors center went nuts for us and they were pretty loud. :cheer2:After lunch, I went to the McStuffins Hospital open house before seeing Chip and Dale and going outside. While I was outside, Chip and Dale showed up and took someone's lounge chair. :happytv: It was so hilarious and I took more pictures. By the way, it was so hot throughout the day despite the rain.

All of a sudden, we stopped and there were people coming on. :scared1: What was going on? I found out later via this gentleman that there was a ceremony for us being the first vessel
to go through the new Panama Canal locks. It was supposed to be on the Goofy Pool stage but moved it to Palo due to the rain. :sad2: I did get pictures of the CEO of DCL, Karl Holz
hop in this van near the ship. I was really surprised that there was no special merchandise for the occasion. :sad2: On our way through the bridge, I went to see Cinderella and the
mice before dinner. Like 2015, going under the bridge took place when dinner started so many of my table (including me) was late. Thankfully, our server Maggie understood and
I had the non alcoholic drink, the Star Night. After dinner, I went to see Minnie and Daisy, as well as Goofy and Max. I was so excited because you don't see Max very often.

After seeing them, I skipped Gary Lovini in favor of Beauty and the Beast. Unfortunately, I lost interest within an hour so I went back to the room at some point where I saw
that we got certifricates. I was so excited because we had gotten them in 2015. I would also see Spider Man, :charac4: Mickey :mickeyjum and Pluto. pluto: That night, the adults only open house took place in the Club. The activity would be a Frozen Coronation with Anna and Elsa. You got to hear the back story of Frozen and do the coronation.

Up Next: To Infinity and Beyond, Kingdoms, A Pixar day?

Last edited:
Day 9- April 30, 2017- Kingdoms, Pixar, Drawing, To Infinity and Beyond

After an exciting day, it was a shorter day for me. I did see Jake and Pluto before going to going to the 3D Toy Story crafts. I would then have lunch and relax before going briefly
to Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers Presentation. In Animation to get us in the Pixar mood, we drew Dory. That day, the adults only activity was Toy Story Boot Camp. Thank goodness I
did this in 2015 because there was no way I could be a "soldier" with me not feeling good. That ended up being ok because I ended up coloring with some of the other adults who didn't
want to be soldiers. I would then go to 3D crafts before a Taste of California dinner. I had the chicken strip salad, corn dogs, and steak. Before dinner, I went to see Woody in case he
could help me feel better which did help a little. Unfortunately, I went to sleep early but that ended up being a good decision because the next morning I had my Palo brunch.

Up Next: Will I stay awake through Palo brunch?, Who ends up sitting next to me at Frozen?!, Will I like Chuck Wagner? Stay tuned

Last edited:
We interrupt this TR with an important announcement: There are now navigators for this cruise. Here is the link:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ma-canal-cruise-port-canaveral-april-23-2017/

And now back, to the TR:

Day 10- May 1, 2017- Palo, Frozen, Broadway

Thank goodness I went to bed early the night before, because it was my Palo brunch. It was yummy and we had Hrsito from Bulgaria. After brunch, I went to the Port shopping Talk with our hilarious shopping guide, Evangeline. After the presentation, I went to pin trading were I traded lots of neat pins. From there, I went to another Kingdom Keepers presentation and Animation Olaf. I love Olaf and this was to get us in the mood for Frozen/formal night. After Animation, I went to 3D Frozen Crafts and the Memory Pages before getting ready for formal night. Before heading to the "loud place" aka Tiana's Place, I went to see Goofy, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie. The Frozen menu was as good as I remembered from 2015.

Before the show, I would see Donald, Daisy, Chip, and Dale. My goodness, it was PACKED! And my group of 13 (who I never sat with at the shows, I was too cool :rotfl2:) loves to save seats. Well, the cast members were yelling at us to fill every available seat. Next to me were two seats and much to my horror, my parents would be the ones taking those two seats. :scared1: I was mortified and embarrased because I didn't expect them sitting there. :eek: But enough mushy gushy. I liked the show but I wish they had more puppets. I decided to get changed from my formal wear before I went to get pizza and ice cream. Around this time, I ran into Raani, the hilarious CM. I asked where was Freezing the Night Away. She told me that they didn't do it because they only did it on the Alaska cruises. :confused3 For those of you who didn't read my 2015 TR, they did a special preview of it in 2015 and I assumed they would be doing it.

Later that night, I went to the adults only Chuck Wagner performance since I missed him the night before. He was so good and I love Broadway so I was excited. :woohoo: After the show, I went to the adults only lab acitvity. It was volcanoes but people were doing Animation Cells so I decided to do that. I ended up doing one with Piglet and one with Pua and Heihei.

Up Next: YoHo YoHo pirate:, We all live in a what sumbarine?, Will I see any cute guys? Stay tuned

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!