Delfino Riviera or The Palm?

stlrod

DIS Veteran
I am so disappointed I was unable to get us reservations at Emerils for 12/28. How are these restaraunts? Any other upscale places anyone might recommend?

If it's "upscale" you're looking for and gourmet food on a par with Emeril's, then I think Delfino Riviera is the choice. The setting is lush and romantic and the service is understated and efficient. The food is darn good, too. Prices about at the Emeril's level, maybe a bit more.

The Palm is a noisy (VERY noisy) steak house. I think of it as the place to go with a bunch of "the guys" to celebrate your favorite team's victory or closing a major sale by eating an ENORMOUS steak or lobster and drinking too much. Prices a bit less than Emeril's unless you order a mammoth cut of meat and drink a lot.

Although the steak's I've had there have been good and they have a decent wine list, I don't think of it as "gourmet" food.

Hope this helps.

Delphino!!!!
My hubby took me to DR on my 40th birthday! It was so incredibly romantic, the food was amazing, service the best! We had the whole patio to ouselves, candle lit, stolling muscians, a beautiful warm moonlit night!
DR's is far superior to Emerils, it is however very pricey! I know our bill was well over $200.00 but we had everything, apps, wine, salad, entrees & dessert. They have limited hours these days, so check to see which nights they are open.

Delfino...for sure, definately not the Palm, it does not live up the the reputation set by the rest of the chain throughout the US.

Also, have you considered the Latin Quarter...they have a wonderful menu...great service...very enjoyable.

Originally posted by Jon360
Come on guys the Palm is great. Awesome food. Great staff.

Yes, but for all that money the ambiance could be nicer! And the noise is aweful, you may as well be in the Ale house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter