Delta??? Anyone fly to FLL during high/spring break season?

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
First, a huge VENT!!!!
Finally got the miles in our account, and Delta has now increased the fares, so much, overnight, that we can't begin to get tickets with our miles after all.
Man!!!!

Ohhhh, and just happened to get a nice Happy Holidays email greeting from Delta, too.
Ummmm, thanks a lot!!! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Anyhow, has anybody flown Delta down to FLL during this timeframe?
Now that the Holidays are here, and everyone is finalizing their travel for next Spring, I wonder if these outrageous fares are not going to go back down any at all.

We are so excited about our plans! :cool2: :yay:
But, this kinda sucks....

Not FLL, but RSW - and yeah, fares suck during spring break time. Usually, we just hold our nose and grab the best we can do at the time. Close to $1,700 for four of us to fly (and that's on Spirit :headache: )

It is the incredible overnight fare increase that bothers me.
We were ready to buy the other day at a total of 63,000. miles.
And, now, all of the sudden, that is just not possible.

I have seen fare breaks before. But I am afraid we wont see any for this trip?
Still plenty of seats on the planes, though.

Hate to have to buy some miles!

FLL always seems to have high air.
We're going in March and it is horrible.

Be sure to clear your cookies from your browser and take another look. Some hotels and airlines will raise rates for repeat browsing because they assume you have made the decision and will accept the higher rate.

It's supply and demand, as the seats sell, the number of miles go up. I waited too long last year for a flight to Amsterdam, and ended up paying for it because the amount of miles was astronomical .​

We flew Delta from Victoria BC to MCO March 2017. Got a great rate but we bought our seats in August 2016. It was about half of what Air Canada or West Jet wanted and this was for upgraded seats. I was glad I bought when I did. I though Spring break may be busy and jumped on a rate I was willing to pay. I usually buy airfare as soon as I get my vacation time approved.

It's supply and demand, as the seats sell, the number of miles go up. I waited too long last year for a flight to Amsterdam, and ended up paying for it because the amount of miles was astronomical .​
Exactly. I don't understand why people think others on an anonymous message board know what's going to happen to airline tickets. Will they go up? Will they go down? Should I buy now or wait?
NO ONE HERE KNOWS!

Airline price hikes (whether overnight or during the day) is nothing new or unusual. We took a trip to Europe earlier this year (also over spring break). I was stalking prices like crazy in November. $1200 RT. Just before Thanksgiving I checked again and they were $450. I grabbed them. The sale lasted 36 hours.

IIRC, Delta also offers a "Pay with miles" for at least some flights. This is different than using miles to buy the flight itself (ie: This flight is 24,000 points). Might be worth looking into.

FLL always seems to have high air.
We're going in March and it is horrible.

That is what I am thinking!
It is high season for cruising, out of FLL.
I am afraid that, at this point, we won't 'catch a break'.
Wow, what a difference that 24 hours could cost us!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter