Deluxe beverage package

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
1st time RCCL cruiser and so I'm new to this no drinks are included with your cruise except basically water and some tea. So we're traveling in two rooms; 4 adults and 3 kids. Room 1 will be me, my mom and two kids. Room 2 will wife, her mom and 1 kid. If I'm reading this correctly, if we want to buy the deluxe bereave package in room 1, I have to buy two packages for me and my mom and if my wife wants to buy the package, she has to buy one and her mom has to buy one too, correct? I'm asking because it will only be my wife and I drinking and so if we basically have to buy 4 packages, there's no way that we can drink the price of 4 people on the cruise. If we do have to buy 4 packages, is there any way around this or is it what it is?

The mom will probably be interested in refreshment package so again, is there anyway to make this work where my wife and I get the deluxe but the moms just get the refreshment packages?

How about milk and like regular apple juice from capri sun or hansens? Is that available for free or do I have to purchase a package for that too? If so, which one? Classic soda or refreshment package? I'm guessing refreshment package.

Yes if you call they will let the moms get refreshment packages while you and your wife get the deluxe package.

Milk is free. They have containers at the buffet. Juice is included with breakfast. It's served in cups, not individual containers.

Yes if you call they will let the moms get refreshment packages while you and your wife get the deluxe package.

Milk is free. They have containers at the buffet. Juice is included with breakfast. It's served in cups, not individual containers.
I'm assuming that I call RCCL directly because we booked through Costco Travel? So even though my wife and I staying in different rooms, they'll be ok with only us buying the Deluxe and the moms buying the refreshment package? Do you know if they'll still honor the discount? I believe the deluxe is offering a BOGO 50% off special right now.

I would be curious to hear how this works for you. I want to purchase the deluxe drink package but DH does not drink at all so he wants is the refreshment package. Last cruise we both booked refreshment when I saw it on sale for Black Friday. Please post your experience with calling RCCL direct if that is what you end up doing. Thanks!

I would be curious to hear how this works for you. I want to purchase the deluxe drink package but DH does not drink at all so he wants is the refreshment package. Last cruise we both booked refreshment when I saw it on sale for Black Friday. Please post your experience with calling RCCL direct if that is what you end up doing. Thanks!

I just called and confirmed that they will allow us to purchase the deluxe package for my wife ( in separate rooms) and our moms can purchase the refreshment packages. The quotes I received for deluxe was $388.22 per person for the length of the cruise which includes taxes and gratuities. The quite I received for the refreshment packages was $165.20 per person for the length of the cruise which includes taxes and gratuities. Quite honestly, I don't think we would drink that much because we're not crazy drinkers where we would spend almost $800 worth of drinks in 7 nights for this to be worth it for my wife and I not to mention the additional cost of purchasing the refreshment package for about $330. We're probably just better off buying our drinks a la carte.

I believe we're allowed to bring two bottles of wine per stateroom if I read correctly and a 12 pack of soda per room, correct? If we go this route, can someone tell us if we're allowed to bring our own bottle opener or do we have to pay a corkage fee and if so how much is the fee?

Glad they were cooperative, we had nothing but trouble with them. In our cabin was DH, myself and adult DISABLED son. They were quite rude about the whole thing and refused to allow us to drop him to refreshment until we had a doctors letter verifying he could not drink. Overall the phone calls and hassle took 6 months. They also did not handle our dining table needs properly but had the nerve to call cabin to make sure that DS was okay and well, multiple times. :confused3 Quite the sour taste after having several wonderful experiences with customer service.

I just found this in their FAQ so I think we're going to just bring some wine and soda on board. We'll be Seattle for the week prior to cruising so we'll just head to Target or the sodas and then buy some wine.
On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted.

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home

I just found this in their FAQ so I think we're going to just bring some wine and soda on board. We'll be Seattle for the week prior to cruising so we'll just head to Target or the sodas and then buy some wine.
On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted.

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home

I knew about the 2 bottles of wine, but are you only allowed to bring bottles of water onboard? I was planning on bring a case of 24, but I guess not...

You may bring 12 bottles (17 ounces each) of soda/water on board (per stateroom). I am currently on Symphony and we brought 12 bottles of Coke Zero in our carry on without any problems at all.
Denise

So I don't think we're going to be buying any of the alcoholic drink packages as I don't think we'll be able to drink enough to get our money's worth. I might buy the classic soda package or even the refreshment package but does anybody know if everybody in the room has to buy it or can I just buy it? Or is it also one of those where if I call RCCL directly, they may offer some other options because my mom and my mother-in-law won't be drinking sodas. They'll just buy a la carte as they drink coffee and teas.

So I don't think we're going to be buying any of the alcoholic drink packages as I don't think we'll be able to drink enough to get our money's worth. I might buy the classic soda package or even the refreshment package but does anybody know if everybody in the room has to buy it or can I just buy it? Or is it also one of those where if I call RCCL directly, they may offer some other options because my mom and my mother-in-law won't be drinking sodas. They'll just buy a la carte as they drink coffee and teas.

You might price out the Refreshment package and then figure out the difference between that and the Deluxe package. Quite often the difference is as small as 2 alcoholic drinks per day to get the Deluxe package instead of the Refreshment.

I’m sure you know this, but you don’t have to buy a drink package. You can just pay a la carte for all of your drinks, which often tends to be a better deal unless the drink package is heavily discounted. They also frequently sell a punch card for alcoholic drinks in the final few days of the cruise that can be a good deal.

Not everyone in the room has to buy a package. Last October I bought the Refreshment and I got my son the soda package. My husband didn't have to buy anything. I later cancelled the Refreshment and we kept the 1 soda package.

Not everyone in the room has to buy a package. Last October I bought the Refreshment and I got my son the soda package. My husband didn't have to buy anything. I later cancelled the Refreshment and we kept the 1 soda package.

Did you make your purchases online before boarding or did you buy them while onboard?

Everyone having to buy a package only refers to the alcohol package and only for people over 21. If one person buys a Refreshment or soda package, others in the room don't have to buy anything. Also, adults can buy the Deluxe package without needing to purchase anything for their kids.

Did you make your purchases online before boarding or did you buy them while onboard?
We bought them online but I believe the soda package is the same online or onboard. The other drink packages seemed to change price weekly, so I would check online before you go if you want one of those.

I'm not sure about the alcohol packages though. You might have to buy that for all adults in the cabin.

So where do you find the drink package prices? Can’t find it anywhere on their site.
Looking at a 7 day cruise deluxe package. Though my wife drinks and I drink coke etc

So where do you find the drink package prices? Can’t find it anywhere on their site.
Looking at a 7 day cruise deluxe package. Though my wife drinks and I drink coke etc

Copying this from the other place you asked it Incase you see this first...pricing is dynamic based on your cruise - the less popular your cruise and the further away it is, the more likely you can snag a chance for the lower values.

Generally pricing before gratuity if purchased in advance on the planner:
Soda package $10/day
Refreshment (non alcoholic) package is $18-26$/day
Deluxe Package (full package) is $39-$56 a day

For our April 13 symphony cruise - most of the time the refreshment package has been $26 and the Deluxe has Been $52/day ...pre gratuity.

You would look on your Cruise Planner. Log in to the Royal Caribbean site and follow the "Already Booked" link. Enter your reservation info and you should be logged in to Cruise Planner. That is where you will make all of your reservations, including shows (you need to book those in advance), excursions, beverage packages, dining reservations, internet... everything is in there. It is also where you will check in online and get your e-docs.

How far in advance does it allow you to book the drink packages? It has been a few years since our last cruise and I can remember. It is tell me to book onboard and not giving me an option online. We are still 11 months away from sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts