Deluxe to flex

Hi. Hoping someone might know the answer.

So I went to flex from Deluxe. It works better for my hubby and me. Now the question is, my daughter is one the get an extra month free promo, so her's didn't expire with us, BUT is up for renewal now.

IF, I renew now, does it activate now or only when her pass expires next month? Can I make a reservation for her when I make them for my husband and or because she still has a valid Deluxe is she still blocked out?

Thanks!

If you renew now, it should activate when her Deluxe expires next month. But I would call the AP hotline to confirm this. If she will still be blocked out when you and your husband visit next month, maybe you could get her an AP promo ticket ($99) so that she could still join you?

If you renew now, it should activate when her Deluxe expires next month. But I would call the AP hotline to confirm this. If she will still be blocked out when you and your husband visit next month, maybe you could get her an AP promo ticket ($99) so that she could still join you?

Well, yes, that is true with upgrades. They don't kick in until after the expiration date of the pass you are upgrading from. Annoyingly enough, in recent years, if you downgrade your pass during a renewal period, the downgrade kicks in immediately! Technically renewing from deluxe to flex pass is a downgrade, so unless they have changed that policy, the flex pass should become immediately active when "renewing". I guess this would be the only case I can think of when the immediate downgrade during renewal is a good thing. I agree that the OP should still call Disney to obtain official information.

Well, yes, that is true with upgrades.... I guess this would be the only case I can think of when the immediate downgrade during renewal is a good thing. I agree that the OP should still call Disney to obtain official information.
Exactly. The fact that this renewal would work in the OP's favor immediately makes cynical me suspicious. (Because why would Disney do something that would be to the passholder's advantage, right?) So, it would be best for the OP to call the AP Hotline and maybe Guest Services, too, to get an answer and to see if those answers match.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!