Depart for trip on Friday, nervous and hoping to make it!

roxiepenguin

Mouseketeer
We're scheduled to leave Seattle fri night for an 8-day trip and while I'm super excited for the trip... I am also a nervous flier. :confused3

This will be our 2nd trip, staying at AoA (stayed POFQ previously), and it was that 1st trip that turned me from a totally fine flier to NOPE. (8 years later, I finally got back on a plane for the 1st time last Oct, one way. [I've previously flown many times, even being a former DLP cast member--that was a long flight from CA!])

Any and all tips for how other nervous fliers handle it are welcome!! :thumbsup2

You can do this! I hope you have a great time. Focus on the end goal of arriving in Orlando. Bring things to keep you busy (books,magazines, word searches, crossword puzzles, music to listen to that you find relaxing, your Disney/Orlando itinerary to review, menus' etc).
I'm not an anxious flier but I also DO NOT enjoy it. I break the flight down into segments so that every 15-20 minutes I'm doing something different.
I also know some people get medication, like Xanax, from their doctor if the anxiety is overwhelming. Have fun!

Thanks!!! Yeah, you name it, I'm taking it.. books, crosswords, audiobooks, meditations downloaded, tv shows and movies on small laptop, small weighted blanket, noise cancelling headphones, and most importantly, super supportive DH :) Plus, with a later/overnight flight I'm hoping to hit the airport and start downing nighttime/sleepy teas so I sleep for most of it!

A nice weighted blanket and a really good audiobook would be my suggestions. You could also try the motion sickness wrist bands because they utilize the same acupressure points as anxiety relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!