Desperately need some help planning...

Mapada

Earning My Ears
So here’s what I have going on. I’m bringing the GF for her first visit, and to propose to her at some point. We’re doing a split stay, first 5 nights at AKL club level savanna view, 5 nights at Poly honeymoon room, followed by a 4 night Halloween on the High Seas cruise. Our ADR window opens Saturday, and we’re doing the deluxe ddp. She’s really not available to help pick restaurants, so I need a ton of help picking where to dine. I’m looking for more adult romantic suggestions, even if GF has the tastebuds of a 5 year old. I’ve looked over V&A’s menu, and that definitely won’t work for her. Her only request is a meal with Ariel.

Sounds like a totally amazing trip! The places you are staying are among our favorites. Adult romantic? Obviously, you'll have to check out the menus to be sure, but we find some of the following restaurants meet that criteria (with the understanding it's still Disney and 99% of the restaurants will have kids!!): Jiko (AKL), Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian), Cali Grill (Contemp), Tiffins (AK), several of the World Showcase locations, Blue Zoo (Dolphin). I know you'll get more suggestions, too. I think the people who do V&As are really into that evening - we're fairly adventurous eaters, but have not taken the plunge at V&A - not sure it's a good enough value for us. There are also many lounges around the properties that you might enjoy, including those at AKL and Poly.

Hope you find the right mix and that your planning goes really well. And it's not my business, but you are aware the extremely romantic Wedding Pav is within walking distance from Poly when you're there.... could be a nice spot for any question and answer session you might wish to hold with her! Enjoy the trip and all the best.....

There isn't actually a set menu for V&A - it's changed quite frequently according to the seasons, availability and individual tastes. However, it's doesn't sound like it's for her so you'd be spending a lot of money worrying she's not enjoying herself. I don't know if there are any character meal with Ariel. What you might find easier is to identify 3-4 items she does like and find a restaurant that either specializes in that or that has a fair bit of it on the menu. There are a fair number of steakhouses, seafood restaurants, Italian and more "exotic" foods (I don't personally consider Indian or African-inspired food to be particularly exotic but lots of people do and aren't keen on it). That may help to narrow it down for you or for you to ask for reviews on specific restaurants or a limited number of types of cuisine that she may be more inclined to favour. With the exception of V&A, you'll find kids in pretty much every restaurant in WDW including at the resorts and Disney Springs but there are those which are more apt to appeal to adults or where you could eat a little later when it's more likely to be adult-focused.

Bon Voyage Breakfast at Tratorria al Forno on the Boardwalk has Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Eugene (Flynn Rider). Definitely won't be more adult there, but she will get to dine with Ariel and it's not quite as hectic as Akershus, and has better food.

First, this trip and itinerary sound amazing, so kudos to you. On the dining front, my wife and I go to Disney World and enjoy a lot of places. As has been noted already, there aren't a ton of "romantic" places at Disney World in terms of it being an adult atmosphere. My top two votes, however, would be: California Grill (Contemporary) and Monsieur Paul (Epcot). I also think you could have similar-ish success at Flying Fish, Morimoto Asia and others. Again, all of these will have kids at them, but my advice: you're at Disney World and have created a second-to-none itinerary, so give these places a call! My guess is they would be more than happy to do what they can, if possible, to get you as romantically situated as possible.

Congrats. I think your trip will be awesome.

When I took my friends I had them all sit down and think about where they wanted to eat. Since she has said she has no preference, but her taste are not that adventurous go for characters. You get three meals a day, so I would go big or go home and do a few two credit meals because you don't want to spend half your day getting to and from reservations just to eat. You are there to have fun and make memories. She doesn't seem very food driven so I would do this.
Cinderella's Royal Table. 2 credits.
California Grille 2 credit, during fireworks.
BOG dinner 2 credits.

There are a few buffets that are not too adventurous either. Those might be good for a picky eater.

Then all the other character meals you can do. But also, see if you can talk to a cast member at the Ariel meet and greet and see if Ariel will help with the proposal.

So I can't speak to overly romantic restaurants...my husband and I are pretty simple and spending time together in a fun place is just as romantic as a more serious environment so I suggest going somewhere fun like Hoop de Doo.

I have to recommend breakfast in Cinderella's Castle. Yes, it's too expensive for what you get, but it was such a pleasant surprise for me and my (now) wife. We literally stumbled on it so many years ago and didn't even know you could go in there (we're from So Cal with the micro-castle in DL).

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! I’m thinking we’re definitely set on California Grill for a dinner & hopefully brunch, Narcoossee’s for a dinner. I’ll have to look at the bon voyage breakfast, even though it feels like that’s the only good use of club level for me🤣. Is Toledo or Sebastian’s a worthwhile meal?

Sebastian is good. I ate there last time but if your GF has limited tastes it may not give her the options she would want.

So so far, I got us BOG for dinner, Flying Fish for dinner, Narcoossee’s for dinner, Cali Grill brunch Via Napoli dinner, Cali Grill dinner, Bon Voyage breakfast Topolino dinner, HBD dinner, and V&A dinner. Still leaves us with 2 days to fill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter