Dessert treats in Cove and other coffee bar

Just so you know, in case you were looking forward to Vanellope's specifically....that is only on the Dream. On the Fantasy, it is a sweet-shop that is more classic Minnie and Mickey inspired. Both were amazing, and had similar items, just the theme was different.

Ahhh!!! THANK YOU!! I wasn't wanting Vanellope's specifically! I'm excited for a more classic Minnie and Mickey style! YAY! THANK YOU for clarifying! LOVE this board!! Cheers!

Hahahahaha!!! :jester: They do have VERY nice little plates of delights for the grownups in the Cove Cafe! I love, love, LOVE Cove Cafe on the Wonder with it's 2nd floor observation area! Spent many happy hours chilling in there....
Just so you know, the second floor of Cove Cafe on deck 10 of the Wonder is now the Concierge lounge. Cove Cafe is only available on deck 9.

Just so you know, the second floor of Cove Cafe on deck 10 of the Wonder is now the Concierge lounge. Cove Cafe is only available on deck 9.

That's also true for the Magic, right? I didn't notice any way to go upstairs when in there.

so what other included, non-premium food items are there? Do they still have chicken wings and other small apps in the Irish pub? My son LOVED that...

so what other included, non-premium food items are there? Do they still have chicken wings and other small apps in the Irish pub? My son LOVED that...
They did on the Magic in April. And there was chips and salsa at the Promenade Lounge.

Add me to the list of not knowing as well LOL. I found out a few months ago so I'll be taking advantage of the free offering on my upcoming cruise in sept.

Wow...can't wait to see the improvements in September.

Just to clarify, this wonderful area in the Cove Cafe on the Wonder was added quite a few years ago. I did not realize the 2nd level had now been restricted to Concierge passengers. :sad2: :sad:

and I think it was lousy of DCL to take it away and turn it into a Concierge only area. :(

Amen, sister! Or Brother! :-)

The Cove Cafe used to have their treats in a glass case that passengers could access and choose (with tongs of course!) their own items. So it was more obvious they were "included". I believe they are no longer self serve.

Ah - thanks. On our recent cruise on the Magic, we looked at Cove Café but thought that the treats were now an added cost because they were no longer in a self-serve case and were instead behind the coffee counter. Not that we needed to eat any more food, but it's good to know for any future cruise that they actually are still free, even if it doesn't appear so.

Just to clarify, this wonderful area in the Cove Cafe on the Wonder was added quite a few years ago. I did not realize the 2nd level had now been restricted to Concierge passengers. :sad2: :sad:
The final 1/3 section was done effective Oct 2017 with the Panama Canal cruise when a sign was put up that it was closed for refurbishment. They'd previously taken 2/3 of it for Concierge and left that one section but apparently that wasn't enough. :(

I think the desserts in Cove Cafe are much better than anything from the buffet or MDR. We didn't try any desserts, except ice cream, from Sweet on You (I hate that name).

The final 1/3 section was done effective Oct 2017 with the Panama Canal cruise when a sign was put up that it was closed for refurbishment. They'd previously taken 2/3 of it for Concierge and left that one section but apparently that wasn't enough. :(

What??? That really, really stinks....... >:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter