DHS FP tiering after SWGE opens?

Especially since I think the 2 SWGE rides will have a height restriction, I think Tier 1 will include those two plus Runaway Railway (no restriction). Everything else in the general pool.

So even a baby / toddler can go on mickeys railway

My hope is it will just be like AK -- only the Star Wars rides are Tier 1 and everything else is open. It should work -- there are enough popular rides/shows there now to spread out the Fast Passes (unlike Epcot).

Otherwise, It will stink .. but I could see them doing both Star Wars rides, Runaway railway and Slinky dog Dash. That would stink and make DHS worse than Epcot as you'd have 4 of its 9 rides restricted behind Tier 1.

I think we should be hoping for MORE rides in tier 1, not less. If you only have the SW rides in tier 1, then the people lucky enough to get those, are also going to be able to get Slinky and MRR. I guess that's good if you think you're going to be one of those people, but I'm not holding my breath. If Slinky and MRR are tier 1, then they would be easy to get day of FP. If they are tier 2, they will run out nearly as fast as GE rides, making visiting that park without 70s days advance planning pretty miserable. Though maybe that's what they want. Keep everyone away that doesn't have a FP.

Last edited:

I think we should be hoping for MORE rides in tier 1, not less. If you only have the SW rides in tier 1, then the people lucky enough to get those, are also going to be able to get Slinky and MRR. I guess that's good if you think you're going to be one of those people, but I'm not holding my breath. If Slinky and MRR are tier 1, then they would be easy to get day of FP. If they are tier 2, they will run out nearly as fast as GE rides, making visiting that park without 70s days advance planning pretty miserable. Though maybe that's what they want. Keep everyone away that doesn't have a FP.
I suspect the tiering will be used to help with crowd control and guest flow, as opposed to “fairness” for the guest. I can think of reasons why you would want both a large and small tier 1 pool. Will be interesting to see what happens...

More rides in Tier 1 doesn't help.

Look at AK - you have to choose either FOP or Navi. Which is great. That means you can always get a FP for the Safari or Everest.
Or .. look at Epcot. There is three (and pretty much only three) big rides. They all are on Tier 1. Doing all three attractions takes a lot of line waiting (or rope dropping). None of the other rides there are really worth it. Toy Story Land is disappointing because you can only FP only one of those attractions. If you come with little kids, those are pretty much the only things that kids can do there, but you can only FP one of them.

Less Tiering the better. We want every park to be like the MK with no tiering.

Look at AK - you have to choose either FOP or Navi. Which is great. That means you can always get a FP for the Safari or Everest.
Or .. look at Epcot. There is three (and pretty much only three) big rides. They all are on Tier 1. Doing all three attractions takes a lot of line waiting (or rope dropping). None of the other rides there are really worth it. Toy Story Land is disappointing because you can only FP only one of those attractions. If you come with little kids, those are pretty much the only things that kids can do there, but you can only FP one of them.

That depends on whether you always book 60 plus days out. The idea behind tiering is to make sure the first people booking don't take ALL the in demand rides. Without a wide assortment of attractions for all ages, none of the other 3 parks is in a position to drop the tiers (IMO). Not even with the new stuff open.

More in Tier 1 will mean that more people will get a chance at reserving at least 1 of the most popular attractions. For example at AK with only Pandora in it's own tier if you don't have a long stay or forget to book right at 60 days then you might have access to neither of them. Tiering Slinky Dog in with Star Wars and something else will give more people a shot at getting at least one of the hot new rides. If all but Star Wars are thrown down with all other rides for Tier 2 then they will still book just as fast.

But from a personal perspective if you book immediately at 60 days and have stays that are in the 6+ night range then sure you'd like less in Tier 1.

As DHS and Epcot add more E ticket rides and with most having ridden Navi River Journey I'd think it might eventually be possible to return to no tiers. When there's an imbalance of popular rides then Tiering has helped for a broader range of visitors to at least have a short wait for 1 of the popular rides.

That depends on whether you always book 60 plus days out. The idea behind tiering is to make sure the first people booking don't take ALL the in demand rides. Without a wide assortment of attractions for all ages, none of the other 3 parks is in a position to drop the tiers (IMO). Not even with the new stuff open.
That's true -- but really it still comes down to needing more quality attractions.

If EVERY ride at DHS was in Tier 1 - odds are Slinky Dog Dash would still be only possible to get at 60 days - just based on its newness and popularity.

The reason Epcot HAS to have Tiering is because it only has 3 "quality" attractions. If there was no tiering - everyone would just take the big 3 (the rides with the LONGEST waits) ... (unless they had height restriction issue). No one wants a fast pass for Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk or "Pixar Short Film Festival" or Living with the Land .. yet we are forced to take them because of tiering.

The more "quality" attractions not restricted to Tier 1, the better. DHS (with the addition of Star Wars) will have a LOT of quality attractions ... which means that you can get fast passes for more things you TRULY want to skip the line for, but I think Tiering should be restricted to the "new/popular" rides (like at AK). Not just for ALL the "quality" rides (like you have at Epcot).

Last edited:
I was super excited to find out they finally moved Rock 'n' Roller Coaster into tier 2. We haven't ridden it in years because we opted for Toy Story Mania as our Tier 1 choice each time, and didn't feel like waiting in line for it. If they could move Toy Story Mania into Tier 2 and leave SWE with Slinky Dog Dash and Runaway Railroad in Tier 1, then that'd be fine with me.

Although, now that DHS finally has a lot of good rides coming it may be more like MK and lose all tiers... eventually. SWE would be just fine in its own tier 1 for now. There are enough other rides to not really need any others in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!