DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I'm REALLY hoping they have different breakfast options then what's on the flyer :( I have two eaters that will not eat half of what's on it. does anyone know if they possibly have eggs or bacon, sausage or waffles?

They have eggs. No bacon or sausage that I saw. We just did it this morning.

The buffet has fruit, yogurt and toppings, cereal and pastries. The only items available as entrees are the ones on the menu. They do have allergy menus if you have a food allergy.

The kids had two choices, one of which was eggs and sweet potato tots.

I'm REALLY hoping they have different breakfast options then what's on the flyer :( I have two eaters that will not eat half of what's on it. does anyone know if they possibly have eggs or bacon, sausage or waffles?
We got to breakfast as they were breaking it down a few weeks ago and we ordered one of everything and a few kids meals. We just mixed and matched and you could at least have some plain scrambled eggs and what would be the chicken tenders. There were plain croissants the day we attended as well.

I did this Monday. I received a survey about it afterwards.
Curious if that means it's coming back...Never know what Disney has up their sleeves....

Since there aren’t many of these left, I don’t know if it’s worth posting my experience this morning, but I’ll do it anyway.

We had a great time!

We arrived at the park around 7 (Uber), got our wristbands and went to quickly grab a drink and pastries. The kids took a while, so we were near the back of the pack heading in to TS land when they opened it at 7:29. We had decided to start with TSM since at least 3/4 of the crowd went right to SDD. TSM was walk on. Then we went to SDD. It was posted as a 20 min wait, we waited 10 min. Rode again with a 15 min wait. Then we did Alien SS which was walk on. Then back to TSM, walked on. It was 8:40 by that point so we decided to try SDD again. It was posted as a 20 min wait. They sent us through the FP lane (our first 2 rides we went through the standby line) and walked right on. Got off and walked back on. While we were up high, we could see the swarms of people coming in for rope drop. After that ride we went for breakfast. It was 9:05 at that point. We followed the SDD line as we walked out. It was a 120 min wait by 9:10. Breakfast was ok. Not great options for kids, but the small buffet area helped.

So all in all, we thought it was worth the cost. We did:

SDD x 4
TSM x 2
Alien SS x1

We didn’t rush, we just wandered and decided what to do as we went. I hope they bring this back in some form in the future.

Well, DHS EMM came to us like a lion and bows out like a lamb. As many Disney events and offerings tend to do.

Since DHS EMM started on 9/17/2018... we've had our ups, we've had our downs... but I will always be in awe of the 216 DISers who stopped by to share their reviews of the event. We learned a lot, hopefully helped people set expectations and make informed decisions with their vacation dollars, and maybe we had a little fun along the way.

I assume this is it for DHS EMM for now, never to return in this format - but looking forward to whatever comes next.

Thanks again everyone.

In the Magic Kingdom early morning magic thread, I had started some pure speculation:

The reason we're not seeing Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios is because they're going to give it to us for free.

When the Rise of the Resistance opens in Galaxy's Edge, they'll do the same thing they did for Smuggler's Run. We will get extra extra magic hours every day for a period of time.

Think about it; if they were going to offer it for money, they already would have. They reopened magic kingdom on 10/1 like clockwork. There is no reason why they haven't figured out a way to open it up for Hollywood Studios; even with Galaxy's Edge, they could still make it happen.

You heard it here first! Let's revisit this thread in a couple of months and tell me how right I am or how far off I was.

Now that I think about it; I can see me being 100% wrong. One of the stated goals of the Rise of the Resistance is not to have long lines.

We'll see!

Where has that been stated? Not questioning you, I've just never seen it.

cnbc dot com

“The deep secret is we don’t intend to have lines,” he said. “The point is to build in the capacity. Ten-hour lines are not a success... we are trying to avoid that.”

I believe "he" refers to Bob Chapek; and I think the ten-hour lines are a Universal/Hagrid dig. I'm not 100% sure.

In the Magic Kingdom early morning magic thread, I had started some pure speculation:

The reason we're not seeing Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios is because they're going to give it to us for free.

When the Rise of the Resistance opens in Galaxy's Edge, they'll do the same thing they did for Smuggler's Run. We will get extra extra magic hours every day for a period of time.

Think about it; if they were going to offer it for money, they already would have. They reopened magic kingdom on 10/1 like clockwork. There is no reason why they haven't figured out a way to open it up for Hollywood Studios; even with Galaxy's Edge, they could still make it happen.

You heard it here first! Let's revisit this thread in a couple of months and tell me how right I am or how far off I was.

I agree with this. I think we will see EEMH again starting 12-05. And as you mentioned it pretty much equates to a free TSL EMM minus the included breakfast. I do wish they'd throw a few TSL EMMs in for November though, but it probably doesn't make sense logistically to fire it up for just one month.

I really, really hope this turns out to happen!!! How long do you think HS would do another round of EEMH after ROTR opens? We're going end of January. Park is only open 9-8, and it doesn't work out to utilize Magic Hours for us. I'm stressing that we'll have enough time in this one day to be able to do all we want! Will be our first time seeing SWGE (BIG FANS!) and TSL.

I so wanted this for our trip next month. I'll probably never go in October again...EVER. No EEMH, no MK EMH, no DAH events (take my money Disney!) , no DVC events in any of the parks, nothing except an overpriced and overcrowded Halloween Party. I wish I could change it but I can't. Next trip will be May 2020 for Flower and Garden and hopefully a DAH event and then Jan 2021 for Festival of the Arts.

I so wanted this for our trip next month. I'll probably never go in October again...EVER. No EEMH, no MK EMH, no DAH events (take my money Disney!) , no DVC events in any of the parks, nothing except an overpriced and overcrowded Halloween Party. I wish I could change it but I can't. Next trip will be May 2020 for Flower and Garden and hopefully a DAH event and then Jan 2021 for Festival of the Arts.

There are EEMH every day this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!