Diamond Horseshoe and Cape May Need Some Input

KenHutch

DIS Veteran
Hello to all. I need some input, I am planning a May trip for some friends and they were interested in Diamond Horseshoe (lunch or dinner) and Cape May (breakfast). These are among the few restaurants we have never tried so I thought I would post here and ask people what they think of these places before I sit down with them again to help plot out their vacation. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello to all. I need some input, I am planning a May trip for some friends and they were interested in Diamond Horseshoe (lunch or dinner) and Cape May (breakfast). These are among the few restaurants we have never tried so I thought I would post here and ask people what they think of these places before I sit down with them again to help plot out their vacation. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We really enjoyed Cape May breakfast. The food was good and character interactions were very fun.

We enjoyed Cape May for breakfast, the atmosphere was quieter than the dinner we had there. The food and service was good and there were plenty of options for everyone. The characters are adorable in their beach gear and it's great that they added Daisy.

We really enjoyed both the food and characters at Cape May breakfast. We've never tried Diamond Horseshoe.

We just did the Diamond Horseshoe at the beginning of August. DD was torn between the 4 side dishes you can get or the chicken sandwich (which did sound good...). She went with the chicken. It was gross. She couldn't even eat it. Disney was fabulous, noting she wasn't eating our server said she would take it off the bill. Then, a manager came over to ask if he could tell the chefs any suggestions. DD said it was too fatty. I ordered the cowboy mac which is supposed to come with BBQ pulled pork and crispy onions. No crispy onions. Not fabulous, I barely ate anything myself. So, I'm like we'll get dessert to at least. That's usually good. Nope! We got the Buttermilk chocolate cake to share which is supposed to come with a bourbon-caramel sauce. That thing was so dry and no sauce at all! It was like a bunt cake with no icing and then it came without the sauce, so it was gross and did I mention dry? It was dry. Not going back there! I've had way better meals at QS.

We just did the Diamond Horseshoe at the beginning of August. DD was torn between the 4 side dishes you can get or the chicken sandwich (which did sound good...). She went with the chicken. It was gross. She couldn't even eat it. Disney was fabulous, noting she wasn't eating our server said she would take it off the bill. Then, a manager came over to ask if he could tell the chefs any suggestions. DD said it was too fatty. I ordered the cowboy mac which is supposed to come with BBQ pulled pork and crispy onions. No crispy onions. Not fabulous, I barely ate anything myself. So, I'm like we'll get dessert to at least. That's usually good. Nope! We got the Buttermilk chocolate cake to share which is supposed to come with a bourbon-caramel sauce. That thing was so dry and no sauce at all! It was like a bunt cake with no icing and then it came without the sauce, so it was gross and did I mention dry? It was dry. Not going back there! I've had way better meals at QS.
Much thanks for the review. I did not even have this place on the list of restaurants I was recommending to them but someone else at temple told them about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter