Differences in towers?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Is one of the towers more so DVC units and the other regular hotel rooms? Or are they mixed up in both towers? If you had a standard view in either a studio or hotel room, is there a tower you might choose over the other? Are there any standard views in a ground floor room? I love ground floor rooms, but I am completely clueless with this resort.

The towers are very similar. Waianae tower is a bit smaller, closer to the adult pool, spa, parking garage, and Ulu Café. Ewa tower has the store, closer to Aunty's, Off the Hook, Ama Ama, and the lawn where the luau is located. Both towers are connected at floor 3 where the lobby is. I wouldn't consider Aulani a massive or sprawling resort, so its easy to get between the two. IMO, one doesn't have a larger advantage over the other.

We had a standard studio and made no room requests. We were on floor 5 in Ewa tower and our room overlooked the courtyard of the convention space. We saw a wedding take place there and some high profile politicians give speeches. It was cool to have that vantage point, but the room didn't have a lot of natural light. I'm not sure what room category overlooks the luau lawn in Ewa, but that might be a cool room to have. I'm thinking standard view in Waianae tower would likely face the Four Seasons or possibly the parking structure/front driveway.

I'm not sure whether there are standard rooms on the ground floor, I would assume so, but I'd caution against noise with ground floor rooms. The pathways are narrow and I remember walking past the pool facing ground floor rooms and thinking it would be annoying with all the foot traffic going by. The only advantage is that you can essentially walk out your patio and you're in the pool complex, but I don't imagine these rooms are considered standard. Also, keep in mind that the lobby and store are on floor 3, so you'd be going up to get to those spots.

Being in a standard view I don't think you will get a view of much anyway, so I would be more inclined to decide what you would like to be closer to and book accordingly. I think personally the Waianae tower is closer to a few more things unless you have kids that will use Auntys beach house. The Ewa might have a better view maybe because there is an empty lot beside Aulani on that side vs on the other side there is the 4 seasons

No kids in tow on this trip. View is not that big of a factor to us. I think I would love being on the 3rd floor.

Both towers are mixed
The hotel rooms are only in the Waianae tower. In Waianae tower it is only the rooms on the left side of the elevator bank (as you are leaving the elevators). The rest of the Waianae tower is DVC units. In the Ewa tower, all rooms are DVC.

Forgot that the Waianae tower has 8 hotel rooms that belong to DVC on the 3rd floor IIRC.

The hotel rooms are only in the Waianae tower. In Waianae tower it is only the rooms on the left side of the elevator bank (as you are leaving the elevators). The rest of the Waianae tower is DVC units. In the Ewa tower, all rooms are DVC.

Forgot that the Waianae tower has 8 hotel rooms that belong to DVC on the 3rd floor IIRC.
So the Waianae tower has both hotel rooms and DVC units and the Ewa tower only has DVC units?

One significant, and very cool, difference with Ewa tower is some Island view rooms overlook the lawn area and can offer a great view of the evening Luau ...from your own private lanai!

Well it will all depend on price point. Right now which ever tower has the best discount on the cheapest room. I see no real advantage over one with another. Wouldn't mind a king bed on the hotel side though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter