Different use years

mickeyshellbelle

Mouseketeer
Hello
We currently own two October use year contracts(BLT and AKV) and are looking to add on. However October seems to be really difficult to find on resale. We’re looking at BLT specifically. I’m just curious how difficult having two use years would be or if I should stay away from even thinking it’s a Possibility. Thanks!!

Two UY is two different memberships. It’s like you are two different owners,

That means to use points together, you have to transfer them. Once transferred, they can’t be used online,

For example, if you had 100 BLT in your Oct UY, and bought another 100 BLT, and they are now in a Dec UY, you can’t booked all 200 online together for a single reservation,

If they are the same UY, then they can function as one big pool of points at 11 months, and then at 7 months, all can be used with your AKV points.

Two UY is two different memberships. It’s like you are two different owners,

That means to use points together, you have to transfer them. Once transferred, they can’t be used online,

For example, if you had 100 BLT in your Oct UY, and bought another 100 BLT, and they are now in a Dec UY, you can’t booked all 200 online together for a single reservation,

If they are the same UY, then they can function as one big pool of points at 11 months, and then at 7 months, all can be used with your AKV points.

thank you for the information. It sounds like something I don’t want to get into!

Are you adding on at a different resort?
If so, you can not combine them at 11 months anyway.

I have 2 different UYs - 2 different resorts - but I do 2 seperate trips with them. Its not an issue. If I were to buy a third resort I myself probably would be care about matching UY.

If I were buying more points at one of my existing resorts, I would probably try to match UY.

I would not want to have to transfer points between accounts to use them all at the 11 month window which only applies if they are at the same resort.

Since you are targeting BLT which you already own, Id stick with October, unless it is almost always going to be for a separate vacation.

5.1% of BLT's points are in the October UY. You might have an issue on the resale market with that small of a percentage.

I only see 2 out there right now, and the SMALLER one is 220 points

Are you adding on at a different resort?
If so, you can not combine them at 11 months anyway.

I have 2 different UYs - 2 different resorts - but I do 2 seperate trips with them. Its not an issue. If I were to buy a third resort I myself probably would be care about matching UY.

If I were buying more points at one of my existing resorts, I would probably try to match UY.

I would not want to have to transfer points between accounts to use them all at the 11 month window which only applies if they are at the same resort.

Since you are targeting BLT which you already own, Id stick with October, unless it is almost always going to be for a separate vacation.

5.1% of BLT's points are in the October UY. You might have an issue on the resale market with that small of a percentage.

I only see 2 out there right now, and the SMALLER one is 220 points

thanks for the reply! Makes sense! I’m afraid I may have to go direct with BLT and then that leads me to your other thought of buying a totally different resort and not caring about use year!! Lol

thanks for the reply! Makes sense! I’m afraid I may have to go direct with BLT and then that leads me to your other thought of buying a totally different resort and not caring about use year!! Lol

I have an October use year and I was just looking at some BLT contracts. So they’re out there, just harder to find.

We have June and Aug UYs and hate it. Wish we just had one UY (could be any, which UY really hasn't mattered to us all that much...but wish it were just one UY). It has been a pain a few times. Too long to go into how. But if I could go back we would just stick with one UY. For sure.

We have June and Aug UYs and hate it. Wish we just had one UY (could be any, which UY really hasn't mattered to us all that much...but wish it were just one UY). It has been a pain a few times. Too long to go into how. But if I could go back we would just stick with one UY. For sure.

Can I ask if this was for one resort or for two?

Hello
We currently own two October use year contracts(BLT and AKV) and are looking to add on. However October seems to be really difficult to find on resale. We’re looking at BLT specifically. I’m just curious how difficult having two use years would be or if I should stay away from even thinking it’s a Possibility. Thanks!!

Depends on the size of the contract but they do pop up. We have an October UY so it's something I look at.

Actually, if it's a choice between BLT direct or BLT in a different UY's I'd say go for the different UY's. If you can wait for that Oct resale contract to show up though I do really recommend it. We also have 2 UY's which has been fine but the one I hate is the single resort we have in both UY's. I'd so much rather have it in a single UY's. To be fair it's far from impossible though - just annoying at times. Much more annoying would be direct prices on BLT!

If you had a completely different resort in mind then it's not bad if you have a plan for it. Ours was because of using VGC during the summer so we got an April UY vs October for WDW resorts. We do frequently go in April or May to WDW so it works in conjunction with the Oct UY for those times too an keeps us in the banking window for cancellations but that wasn't the plan, it's just a way we do utilize it from time to time. Mostly they are used independently from each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!