Digital Camera Question

Jacket93

Mouseketeer
Should you put your Digital Camera in the X-ray machine at the airport or should I get it hand checked by a guard. Dont know if the X-Ray machine can ruin the camera or the smart-media.

I ran my entire camera backpack through the screener at the airport. In it was an 8mm camcorder and tapes, 35mm camera and film, an APS camera and film, and a digital camera with SmartMedia. I had no proplems at all.

The X-ray screeners would probably have a better chance at damaging higher speed film rather than magnetic media.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Ted

I put mine through the x-ray machine and nothing happened to the pictures or camera. A friend of mine who was really worried sent the camera through but removed the storage card.

It's the same x-ray machine that my laptop computer has to go through. I figure if that makes it okay, then what the heck! :D

I've had no problems with digital cameras through the airport security x-rays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter