Digital downloads - iTunes or DisneyMoviesAnywhere?

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I've got a bunch of the digital downloads - mostly via purchasing a Blu-Ray/DVD package with the digital download. I also have a download-only version of The Incredibles for signing up with DisneyMoviesAnywhere. I have the option to watch on iTunes (copied to my collection), copied from iTunes to an iPad for offline viewing, streaming through the DisneyMoviesAnywhere website, streaming on the DisneyMoviesAnywhere apps, or downloaded into the app (for offline viewing).

For a while I was just downloading the files to iTunes and directly viewing them on an iPad Mini by copying them over one at a time. However, the file sizes are pretty big - about 3-3.5 GB each movie. However, that gives access to the iTunes Extras, which are typically the bonus materials available on the physical discs.

However, the DisneyMoviesAnywhere app downloads seem to be much smaller. I can't find a file size, but when I check my remaining capacity it looks like they're averaging under 1 GB each movie. They don't seem to be HD, but it takes a discerning eye to tell the difference. If I'm on a long trip with limited internet access I don't think it makes enough of a difference, and I'd rather have more titles.

So what do you guys use?

My big issue is that Cars is my kid's favorite movie, and there was no digital download option unless I buy it for $20 on iTunes.

I have over 80 movies on it I love the service and love to have my Disney movies in one digital collection without having to put discs in.

Also any movie you buy with a digital copy will also be linked to iTunes and whatever services you choose.

I personally use a Apple TV and watch the films through that, but on the go without a doubt use the DMA app

I have both and connected my Google account to it. With that you can watch them via Youtube and don't have to download or burn them if you want to see them via a gaming system or bluray player. I made a "To Watch" playlist and put all the movies in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter