Dilemma Please Help

CrazyforDisney said:
I removed my posts b/c I guess they were bad idea's. Sorry, thought I could help as I was never proposed to in any romantic way, so I just posted what I would have liked. I was proposed to in a car in front of my mothers house, he didn't have a ring and he wasn't on one knee. He just said "would you marry me before you leave for boot camp?" and that was that. Sorry, will not post on the string again good luck in whatever you choose.

I didn't see the posts you removed, but I wanted to say I was also proposed to in a car. I think a proposal anywhere is romantic. Of course we all have some kind of ideal moment, but the reality is so many wonderful men (usually the proposer) just are not very creative about it. The way I look at it is He Asked Me. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. Still can't figure it out, cause I am kind of a pain. :teeth:

Don't feel bad about what you posted. If you were trying to help, that's a good thing. The OP or others that post might not agree with what you suggested, but that's ok, it's what makes these boards so wonderful. We all have different ideas and opinions.

I am still curious to know what GoofyinNYC has decided.

I would like to know what he decided too. I am glad you liked your proposal. Don't get me wrong I love my hubby to death now. I couldn't imagine my life without him but at first it was a marrige of convenience I knew I could make more money in the Navy if I was married and he knew that would give him free medical which he needed at the time. But we grew to love each other VERY VERY much. Been married for 3 1/2 years. We took our honeymoon last year, first chance we had to take one, to Walt Disney World and had a BLAST. We are going again pre-baby :Pinkbounc , last time we get to go for a few years. I will miss WDW very much :guilty: but it'll be worth it when I see the look in my child's eyes when I say we are going to Walt Disney World. I can't wait for that day. :rotfl:

CrazyforDisney - I am so glad things worked out for the two of you! Some things are meant to be, your marriage started out one way and turned into something else, that is wonderful. I just noticed your trip to WDW is very soon, enjoy! By the way having the baby might not mean you have to wait to go to back, I would just use it as another reason to go to Disney sooner. Like for instance, wouldn't little (insert your child's name) just love to have her first birthday at Disney? Or maybe even little (insert your child's name) needs a haircut isn't there a barber shop on Main Street in Disney? Ok I am being Goofy now,but hey whatever it takes to get back to Disney! ::MickeyMo

DisneyCrazyX5 - What exactly does your son think is wrong with living at Disney? This just happens to my all time dream. ;)

Thought of the first birthday idea......thinking of maybe planing a trip in august of 2006 with me, my hubby and baby along with sister-in-law and her 3 kids as she is also due in august along with me so we will have 2 b-days there. we want to do the Magic your way premium and stay at AKL.

YEah, what is wrong with living in disney. I have always wanted to live in orlando. :)

We just returned from Disney and we took the Segway Tour of Epcot. It was the early tour and all nice and quiet in Epcot. It was the highlight of our entire trip!

After the lesson you go out into Epcot and you work your way around the world. You stop for a rest and photos half way around the world and they have a photographer there to get your pictures.

You could tell your fiance that you would really like to try this tour and then privately arrange to have a small bouquet of flowers brought out to her and then propose. I say small flowers because that way she can store them in the bag on the front of the segway. You could even have the flowers delivered to the training room and have the flowers in the bag on the front of your Segway. The trainers could help you arrange it all! :banana:

I know I would have love being proposed to in this manner!

I think you have some great ideas here! Good luck. And please keep us up to date on what you decide to do! :flower:

Oh, I want to do the Segway tour, it looks like so much fun. And that is a wonderful idea. Please let us know what you plan to do and how it turns out.

I love the idea of proposing in front of Cinderella Castle w/ the photographer and the idea of putting the ring in the dessert, because it doesn't matter what restaurant you are in.

Amanda

Congrats!! I proposed to my DF in front of the Castle. didn't do anything "out of the ordinary" to set it up except that we stood in front of the castle looking at it for the 1st time together (we both had been numerous times). She commented on how magical it was to be there with me. I looked at her and told her "I could make this magic last forever" I proposed then! She loved it, and loves to tell the story. It was so simple yet perfect as only disney could make it!!

I think whatever you decide to do, no matter how elaborate or simplistic, she will be amazed, thrilled, and consider herself the luckiest woman in the world!! :cloud9:

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!

one thing I forgot to mention, you could also have flowers and/or wine/champange delivered to your room while you are out "proposing" to her.
I contacted the Disney Florist (407-827-3505) and they helped me with a package that would be waiting in the room for us as a congrats from "Tink" (her fav character) to create a little extra magic!!

How about booking a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans and popping the question there?

Here is a potentially silly idea - how about going on the raft ride at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon (make sure it is just the two of you on the raft) and asking her then?

cheers
jaysue

Good Luck

:cheer2:

Since I have posted in two different areas (not the brightest person). I have gotten so many ideas, all with their own pros and cons.
As I said before my girlfriend has always said she does not care where or when I propose or what kind of ring I have she will marry me no matter what.
I am sorry I have left you all hanging and I did not intend to do so. I just honeslty have not had the time to check in. I have read all the responses. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
I doubt I am going to bring the ring with us on the trip. We fly out of NYC and with the random searches I don't want to take the chance of the great people at LaGuardia or JFK ruining the surprise. I am thinking I will bring a picture of the ring instead. Cheesy, yes maybe. But this will also ensure her not finding the ring in one of my bags or something.
I looked into Giftsofalifetime.com. This idea will not pan out either because they require a deposit. She balances my checkbook and pays my credit cards. Apparently, I do not know how to balance a checkbook! I love her though! She would find it very odd if I started paying the bills.
I love the castle story and she would love it in the moment. I could see her turning beet red though and she would HATE any picture we took. To put it in perspective, she hates when we go out for her birthday and the waiters and waitresses sing Happy Birthday. She tells me EVERY year not to do it and yet every year I do it! She may have to get over it. I would like to videotape it too, if I could somehow.
One of the ideas she LOVES (no I didn't tell her) actually showed up on this board. One of her best friends got engaged at California Grill in 1996/1997 (?) at the California Grill with the fireworks going off. The ONLY reason I don't want to do that, because we know the couple that orginated it, you know?
Although I have many ideas, I have no plans as of yet, but please keep them coming! I want to do it early in the vacation so i will not be sweating it out and she will not stumble upon it. I want it to be so special for her but I do not want her to feel embarrassed. I want it to be magical and special, but most of all I want her to say yes and smile every time she thinks of it!
Thank you all once again!
Sorry it's so long!

I know what you mean about the random searches. I had the same problem and I finally got the courage to hide it in my suit pocket that was in a checked bag. I'll be honest I was sweating it, thinking what if my luggage is lost. I did photograph the ring in case something did happen to the luggage, (for insurance purposes) but it all turned out ok. So maybe you would consider putting it with your checked luggage. Once again good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter