• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dine with Shamu - questions

Sian

Mouseketeer
1. Does anyone know what sort of food is on offer? I am paying about $29 for my 10 yr old so I would like to know there is something he will eat.

2. I booked by phone about a month ago but I can't find a reservation number. Don't know whether I have lost it or whether they don't give them out. Can anyone remember?

We did the Shamu dinner in August. We had a great time. They have very good food, and they also have a kid section of the buffet with children food, (hot dogs, mac and cheese). The desserts were great too. They even had Shamu shaped cookies.

Try to check in around noon that day to get your table assignment. We did and we got table 13, it was center and close to the water. If you get there late and they booked up, you may be in the second section one table back from the water.

Be prepare to the possibility of getting wet. They are wild animals and unpredictable. We got wet when we were eating dessert. My son got a face full of water. And that water is cold. Needless to say, the food and drink on the table was salty, and we needed lots of napkins and new drinks.

Have fun!

How far in advance can you book the Shamu dinner and who do you call?

Thanks for your help.

Elke

Hi
Just got back on Sunday. We had dinner with 2 of the smaller whales Una and Timiku(?) you don't know which whales will be joining you. on 10/8 the adult menu was seafood creole scallops were the size of a bread plate (not quite but huge!!!) along with shrimp and some other stuff I didn't reconize, beef bolgonzies(?), chicken tenders (not fried) in sauce. pasta and veggies and 2 types of salad. Kids bar had hot dogs (steamed in a roll), mac and cheese, popcorn chicken(a fair amount of pepper) corn on the cob pieces and a couple of other things my kids didn't like so I don't remember them. The desert table had chocolate and vanilla pudding, chocolate mousse, mini cupcakes, 2 types of cakes and the shamu cookies are huge (size of the gingerbread men ) about 4".
I can't say enough about the dinner and the training session. Timiku is only 2 and he was just learning water work( when the trainers ride them and are in the water with them). He preformed 2 new tricks and we got to watch how he learned. Una is 5 and learning to shes learning to combine tricks like the Hula in the middle of the pool she goofed the first time and did it at the dock. After the show one of the trainers comes over and will and will answer questions. we had table 10 right in front of the buffet and right across the pool from the plateform. We didn't get wet but they do warn you it can happen. Al in all it was the best part of Seaworld. anymore questions I'll be happy to help.

I got the # of the seaworld web site under dinner w/ shamu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter