Dining at 5 pm, yes or no?

Fromeurope

Mouseketeer
When I go to Disneyland Paris I often have dinner at 5 pm, when it's possible, most restaurants start at 6 (-:.
Most people have dinner much later there, so the restaurants aren't busy.
Is this different in Disneyworld?
Is 5 pm a popular time for dining?

Yes. Every time is a popular time for dining. LOL.

I've never found it easier to book a 5:00 pm than a later time.

I have my reservations ready. But was wondering if my strategy works in the US as well.
But maybe it's allways busy at the restaurants at WDW (-:

I have my reservations ready. But was wondering if my strategy works in the US as well.
But maybe it's allways busy at the restaurants at WDW (-:
5 PM is not going to be much less busy than later dining times.

I think it's always busy for the majority of the restaurants. With Ohana dinner my preference isn't a dinner at 3:30 but that's all I've found so far.

When I go to Disneyland Paris I often have dinner at 5 pm, when it's possible, most restaurants start at 6 (-:.
Most people have dinner much later there, so the restaurants aren't busy.
Is this different in Disneyworld?
Is 5 pm a popular time for dining?

We never dine later than 5pm and usually do not have much problems getting a ressie just a couple months out, although sometimes I have to check for one a few days. There will always be cancellations.

We aren't into character dining anymore, so that makes it easier for us.

Yes, this is Florida, the Land of the Early Bird Special, LOL. That bird's pricing doesn't exist in DW but you can readily eat dinner starting about 4 ish in Disney, here.
At home, we tend not to eat dinner until 9:00 PM but I've learned to be a "Roman" in Florida, :).

We make our ADRs for around 5:00 when we can, that is when we eat dinner at home and it works out well for us.

I think it's a little easier to make one for 5pm, particularly if it's not a restaurant that's highly appealing to small children, but not a lot. Frankly I find 8:30 or 9:00 a better bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter