Dining on Anthem of the Seas

Xalthon

Mouseketeer
I feel weird asking this since I have done many, many cruises in the past (most on RCCL). But I just noticed that for our upcoming Anthem cruise, there are four distinct main dining rooms. Some websites say you can dine in any one you want. How does this work with early dining? I can't see how if you have early dining, they will allow you to pick your dining room. What if everyone picked the same one???

Also, are the menus the same for each of the main dining rooms. I saw some info that suggested they were different, but that might be old info.

Do you have Traditional dining or My Time? Typically a specific level is allocated for My Time. For Traditional, you are assigned a table so you would always have the same table.

Haven't been on Anthem yet (give me 5.5 weeks!), but Anthem used to have Dynamic Dining (where you booked your dining restaurant/room). It wasn't given overly positive feedback so they switched back to the standard dining with Traditional and My Time.

We have cruised on Anthem 4 times. There are two dining rooms on deck 4 (American Icon and Silk) which are used for My Time Dining (usually American Icon for those with reservations and Silk for those without reservations). The other two dining rooms (Grande and Chic) are on deck 3 directly below. They are used for standard dining. All 4 use the same menu nightly. We always have My Time Dining with reservations so we always eat in American Icon. We usually ended up at the same table every night with the same servers.
Denise

We have traditional dining (early). So, am I to presume that we will then be assigned a specific table at either Grande or Chic? I had read that Grande is formal attire every night. Is that old info from when they did the Dynamic Dining?

We have traditional dining (early). So, am I to presume that we will then be assigned a specific table at either Grande or Chic? I had read that Grande is formal attire every night. Is that old info from when they did the Dynamic Dining?
That is old info. Yes, you will be assigned to a table (number should be on your room key) and have the same servers every night.
Denise

Do you have Traditional dining or My Time? Typically a specific level is allocated for My Time. For Traditional, you are assigned a table so you would always have the same table.

Haven't been on Anthem yet (give me 5.5 weeks!), but Anthem used to have Dynamic Dining (where you booked your dining restaurant/room). It wasn't given overly positive feedback so they switched back to the standard dining with Traditional and My Time.

We were so sad when they got rid of Dynamic Dining. It was really great - the different menus made it feel like specialty dining every night for us. We LOVED Silk as it was then. Sigh. The good ol days....four years ago lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter