• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan and Split Stay ?

FutureBrideOfMike

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone:
Tons of questions from me this week as I plan!

My question is this...
If we decided to split our stay between 2 resorts at WDW.
How would we go about dining plan with 2 resorts?
Would we be able to do this?

What about if we stayed at the GF for a few nights then rented points for a DVC...how would I do it then?

Sorry I'm making it difficult...I need some experienced mouselovers here!
:-)

thanks!

FutureBrideOfMike said:
Hi Everyone:
Tons of questions from me this week as I plan!

My question is this...
If we decided to split our stay between 2 resorts at WDW.
How would we go about dining plan with 2 resorts?
Would we be able to do this?

What about if we stayed at the GF for a few nights then rented points for a DVC...how would I do it then?

Sorry I'm making it difficult...I need some experienced mouselovers here!
:-)

thanks!

That could be done. Book GF with all your park tix and dining plan (say...3 nights, 8 days tix, 3 nights diningplan)
then
book dvc w/ points and have the person you are renting from add the dining for you. DVC can get Dining w/o tix. so you get all your tix at the GF stay then do dining on both. No extra fees this way, no money wasted. This would require you to do GF first to have your park tix during the DVC portion.

Did that make sense? I tend to think in circles.

Follow-up question: Doesn't that end up with one extra day of Dining Plan (including the extra cost of that day)?

Why would that be an extra day? 3 nights GF + 4 nights DVC = 7 nights hotel, and 7 dining credit "nights" there is 1 day in the middle when you would possible have credits to finish from resort #1 (these expire at midnight of check-out day) then you check into room #2 and get the credits from that stay. from check-in #2 until midnight same day you could have 2 cards to carry for meals. Just make sure to use up the first set so you don't lose them. No "extra credits nor extra cost" involved.

Must have been a brain hiccough. Never mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter