Dining plan changes 2020

I may have missed if someone said this already, but the other difference between the new two TS plan vs DDP, is that the lunch/dinner table service meals do not include an appetizer on the new plan.

Dining Plan Plus (Table Service Lunch/Dinner) = 1 entree, 1 dessert, 1 beverage

Deluxe Dining Plan (Table Service Lunch/Dinner) = 1 Appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert, 1 beverage

I think I will stick with the original dining plan and just pay extra for any appetisers I want. I have done that before

I'm staying with the DDP (not +) too. Didn't crunch the numbers for the family but, for us, it seems like getting value for the 2nd table service would be a bigger time investment than we'd like.

Thinking out loud... I think that the extra cost is doable and ability to choose TS or QS meals make the DDP+ an interesting option. Thinking that an early TS or buffet, character breakfast combined with a TS dinner timed well would work for my family without cutting into the day too badly. The 2 snack credits would be all we’d need throughout the day to tide us over between the other hearty meals... might work?

Thinking out loud... I think that the extra cost is doable and ability to choose TS or QS meals make the DDP+ an interesting option. Thinking that an early TS or buffet, character breakfast combined with a TS dinner timed well would work for my family without cutting into the day too badly. The 2 snack credits would be all we’d need throughout the day to tide us over between the other hearty meals... might work?
I think it would work for sure.

I'm staying with the DDP (not +) too. Didn't crunch the numbers for the family but, for us, it seems like getting value for the 2nd table service would be a bigger time investment than we'd like.

I feel that the table services are such a time investment. You have to schedule everything around that meal including your plans for the day, fast passes. And then scheduling two meals that way every day? No. On one of our trips last year we ate counter service only OOP and we were pleasantly surprised with how it was so much easier to just eat where we wanted, what we wanted, and at whatever time we wanted. And we ended up spending far less than we would have on any dining plan, including the counter service one.

I think if you really want two TS meals everyday of your trip it could be worth it depending on where you want to eat. But I wouldn’t get it just for the flexibility of sometimes getting two TS meals per day. I’m not sure how big your family is, but I know it would cost us $72 per day just to upgrade. I’d rather take that $72 per day and pay for additional TS meals every other day if necessary.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter