Dining Plan for 2.5 yo?

tkbbmom

Mouseketeer
If you've purchased the dining option - did you get it for those under 3? If not how did you do their food?

We are going to WDW in April - we didn't get the dining plan for our 2.5 yo bec our AAA travel agent said we could just let him eat off our plate or purchase what he wanted- buffets he'd be free anyway. But in looking at our options - we aren't interested in a Buffet option everyday and by the time we figure up what he'd eat wouldn't we be over the 10.99 a day we'd spend on a dining plan? When he likes the food he can eat a lot - he's large for his age (not fat - but tall and large framed) - he can eat 4 hot dogs without buns, 3 or 4 slices of pizza, an entire bowl of meatballs - you get the picture. I looked at some of the table service options - like a hot dog plate with fries for $5.00 and then you add the drink for 1.50 - then dessert (bec the other kids would have this with their dining option) 3.50 - we're now at 10.00 for one meal for him.

Are we not looking at this right? over analyzing?

We have a 2.5 yo too. The way I understand it, you CANNOT purchase the dining plan for a child under 3, since they aren't considered part of your room, and don't require a theme park ticket. Our 5 year old's DDP is about $11 a day, no doubt cheaper than purchasing 2-3 $10 kids meals a day, but when you factor in the cost of the park ticket required for the 3-9 year old, it's still cheaper to purchase 3 kids meals a day without DDP for the 2.5 year old. Hope this helps :)

:sunny: :sunny:

I don't know about the dining plan because when we went the first time it wasn't available yet. When we did go my son was 2 1/2 and we paid nothing for him. He basically ate off my husbands plate or daughters meal. When we went to CM, we gave him his own plate and we paid nothing for him except for his o.j. Hope this helps.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Florida and the :sunny: in 6 days

POR and WDW in Feb. 2007 :wizard:

I also have a toddler who is a very big eater. He will actually turn 2 on this trip in april!! i, too, was told i couldn't get the dp unless i purchased park tix for him. so i have booked mostly buffets/familystyle meals such as libertytree tavern dinner, garden grill, crystal palace etc. i figure that seeing the characters would entertain him too!!! we are doing lecellier and there i will purchase a kids meal. :sunny:

Thanks for the replies. We had been told that we could purchase a meal plan for him without the ticket - but our agent acted like we would be crazy for doing so. I guess I need to look into this - maybe I'll ask directly at WDW. It's true puchasing the meals are alot less than purchasing the Park hopper ticket for a 3-9 yo.

A straight meal plan ticket (if it's about $11 a day) would be worth it. I know my DD is going to throw a fit if we don't get her her own meal. She thinks she has to have/do EVERYTHING her big bro does. I'd like to know what you find out ;)

I would love to know also. My daughter will be turning 3 the day we leave WDW. She actually eats more than my 7year old but they have such different tastes so i don't see them sharing.

We went with a 2 1/2 yr old and sometimes we tried to order an appetizer that we knew he would like for dinner, then added some of mine and dh's. But then we also him something out of pocket as well. At CRT he slept through it all and ended up getting pizza at a place right outside near the carousel. We went to two buffets as well. We played it by ear. and just went with the flow.

tkbbmom said:
Thanks for the replies. We had been told that we could purchase a meal plan for him without the ticket - but our agent acted like we would be crazy for doing so. I guess I need to look into this - maybe I'll ask directly at WDW. It's true puchasing the meals are alot less than purchasing the Park hopper ticket for a 3-9 yo.

That is not possible if you are getting a package thru AAA. The only way to get the dining plan without purchasing tickets is if you are staying at DVC on points. All members (over 3 yrs of age) of your party must get the same tickets (#of days, options, etc.) if you are getting the dining plan. If you choose to get the dining plan for the youngest - 1) you would have to inflate their age to make them eligible for the plan and 2) you would also have to purchase tickets that are the same for the rest of your party.

We are DVC'ers and were able to purchase a meal plan for our DD (2 yrs old) without having to buy a park ticket for our upcomming trip in September (according to MS). Our DS will be 14 months old when we go so we figured we could split the childrens meal between them and feed them off our plate too....

My dd will be turning 3 a couple of weeks after our trip. I would love to buy the dp for her as well but the CM I spoke to said it was not necessary. She will be free at buffets/family style restaurants which we have planned quite a few and the others we plan to order an appetizer she would eat as well as share. There may be a few places that we will need to order for her. For lunch as CS locations, I will most likely order an adult combo (flamesuit on) and split it between her and ds5.

even with a big eater, it seems like there would be enough food to split with him. my husband and i split the same amount of food you would get buying 1 meal( not the dining plan, the lunch vouchers) and we were full! the appes are usually large enough maybe if you do think he needs more, get him one of the adult appes, split the other between husband and you and let him have some of the entrees. i really don't see how you could eat it all yourself everyday espec. if you get the cs lunch and breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter