• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining plan ? for 5

Connears

Connears
We are going 12/24-12/29/06 and there are 5 of us in our party. How are meals deducted? Does each person have the total for the 5 nights on their room key? If so, isn't it more planning if the group splits up? Just tying to get the process down. We will all be together for TS meals, but CS and snacks we may be separated.
Connears

Currently, each KTTW card will contain ALL the credits for the entire reservation. For instance, 5 people X 4 nights = 20 credits. So Mom's card will show 20 TS, 20 CS. 20 snacks. Same for dad and each of kids. When a credit is used it is deducted from all cards even though only one card is presented. There is no need for everyone to eat together. If you all eat together, you need only to present one card.

There are many rumors flying on the boards as to how WDW is going to change the plan to eliminate cheating. The most likely thing is that they might separate kid credits and adult credits. However, at this moment a credit is a credit--no separation in the computer of kid vs. adult.

You can eat together, you can eat separately--it doesn't matter. The teens can go to McDonald's one night and you can go to a signature restaurant.

Will you have more than 1 room? Each person has a card, but if you are all in one room you only need to use 1 card. The credits will all be on that one card. If you want to split up each person can use their own card. Just keep the receipts or ask at the resort desk for a printout. We will have 2 rooms so the credits will be devided by room.

My DH and I in one room for 8 nights: 16 snacks, 16 CS, and 16 TS on our room card. My 3 grown "kids" in the other room for 8 nights: 24 snacks, 24 CS and 24 TS on their room card. In other words we will need to use a card from each room when ordering. Here's a previous thread on the subject http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1140358

There are 5 "adults". DH,Me and DS(16); and two adult sisters all in a 2 bedroom at OKW so we will all be in same"room" with same key. Sounds manageable the way it was explained. No worry about who is eating when/where when we are apart.
Connears

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter