Dining Plan for DVC members?

mouseNspouse

WDW DVC OKW
We joined way back when you could still get the Food 'n' Fun plan. They took that plan away from DVC members. Is it true that DVC members can finally participate in the Magic Your Way Dining plan even when staying using DVC points?

Dee Dee ::MinnieMo

Yep, I'll be doing it in Oct!! Between the DDP and using my DDE card (an option for AP holders) I'll be saving a ton of money!!!

We just returned from 9 nights at the BWV on points & used the DDP. It was great, but we had a few problems on our last day....

Our flight didn't leave until 9:00pm on our last day, so we hit Epcot & had made ADR's and had intended to use dining credits after check-out. (They were supposed to expire at midnight on check-out day).....

So, we went to Le Cellier for lunch and our server came back & told us that our DDP credits were declined. :eek:

We told the server that we KNEW that we had credits left & she had the manager call the BWV. They confirmed that yes, we did have credits to cover the meal & told us that everything had been taken care of & that we should have no problems using the rest of our credits......So, we went on our merry little way.

We decided to use our remailing snack credits for the glazed nuts from the nut cart & then went to pay & the credits were declined again.....I almost had a fit right there. We paid for the nuts & went to the BWV to hash this thing out. When we went to the front desk, we were told that yes, we did have credits & that we could just charge anything we wanted to use credits on to our room & they would credit us.....SO, we took their word & headed down to ESPN.

We ordered a hot dog at ESPN & when we went to pay for it with our room charge, that too was declined!!!!

So, we stormed back to the BWV & went to the concierge who ended up handling everything, but it was a real pain.

There was another man at the concierge desk who was having the same problem, so it seems that this is pretty common.

My advice, use all your credits before check-out. :sunny:

We are doing the dining plan next week!!!!!!! We'll be at the BWV's.

DDE is the dining and entertainment card, you recieve 20% off all food and alcohol.

DVC members staying on points at DVC resorts can purchase the DDP as of 4/1/06. We did it in May--absolutely no problems. We did purchase meals with the DDP after our check out--again, no problems. DVC members do not have to purchase ticket media to get the plan. However, no free dining for DVC.

We also had the DDE. I ran the numbers, and think the DDP came out to a "break even" sort of thing on TS after you deduct the DDE discount we would have gotten....and we still had the CS and snacks to use. The DDE is good on any OOP purchases you make on top of the DDP, but we really didn't make any. There is a ton of food on the DDP.

I tried to make room-only reservations for CSR today for November 2007 and got shut out. Now I'm at loose ends, and am thinking of renting points from a DVC member to stay at BWV. The only thing holding me back has been the dining plan - we used it last October for a seven-day trip for two adults, one child and saved $285 on food. I want to use the dining plan again next year, and would like to know if the ability to purchase the plan is "rented" along with the points.

We too used the DDP during our April trip this year. We also have the DDE card too and used that for our OOP expenses and for some less expensive TS meals that we didn't want to use credits for (breakfast WCC and the Plaza, and a few CS). We also had other family with us not on the DDP and we used our DDE at TS meals to get the discounts on their meals too. It's a nice perk and hope they continue it in 2007. Yes renters can also use this perk. I was also told about the last day credit problem after checking out. I was actually warned of it while staying at Pop during the free dining last year. It seems when you checkout, your porfolio is closed and the CM has to remember to not close it if you plan to stay later and still have credits. So it wouldn't hurt to stop by the front desk if you have a later departure only to confirm that you are still here and still plan to use your remaining credits. We too were at the BWV and didn't have any problems.

Mulan'sMom said:
I tried to make room-only reservations for CSR today for November 2007 and got shut out. Now I'm at loose ends, and am thinking of renting points from a DVC member to stay at BWV. The only thing holding me back has been the dining plan - we used it last October for a seven-day trip for two adults, one child and saved $285 on food. I want to use the dining plan again next year, and would like to know if the ability to purchase the plan is "rented" along with the points.
Yes - renters of DVC reservations may also purchase the Dining Plan. The member can make the arrangements for his/her renters. DVC members (and their guests & renters) pay for the DP at check in. It must be added to the reservation through Member Services - it cannot be added at check in.

DVC members cannot yet add the DP to 2007 reservations. We' ve been told that we have to wait until the prices are released. However, I'm sure the DP will again/still be available to owners, their guests and renters in 2007. (I''m also sure there will be a price increase, LOL). Since your trip isn't until November, 2007, you will certainly know the new price well before you have to rent points and add the DP to that reservation. (The earliest anyone can make a reservation for a DVC resort is 11 months prior to check in).

FWIW, I'd be willing to bet that you will still be able to stay at CSR if that is your first choice. Don't know why you were shut out - maybe it's too soon to make reservations there or maybe a large convention or two have blocked out most of the rooms. If it's the latter, past experience says those groups will return rooms to WDWTC/CRO (because they are not needed) when it gets closer to the arrival dates.

Best wishes -

as a renter if you have your confirmation # you can call member services yourself and add the dining plan and if you have your flight #s you can also make your magical express arrangements. you can also make your room location requests. ::yes::

We are renting this year for OKW, we are staying 4 nights there and 2 at pop. We are doing the dining plan for 4 days, really 5 by the time we check out of OKW we are going to be sharing some cs so hopefully the 5th day if pretty well taken care of. The DVC member added the dining plan on for me when I first rented, I pay when I arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter