Dining Plan Questions for Universal

BLTOH

Earned my Ears Years ago just going for replacemen
I am not finding any answers to my questions in regards to the dining plans for Universal. We will be there for 2 nites. The first nite we will be doing Blue Man Group at CityWalk. The second day the parks. I am considering doing the dining plans for the 2 days we are there. One being one day of full service meal and one being the quick service with the refillable mug. We are looking at eating at the Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville. The other meals will probably be at the parks the next day. Are the dining plans worth doing like this? Also I think I saw somewhere that Jimmy Buffets was both QS and Full service is that accurate?

Hi we did the quick service with the mug only like 2 days we were there. We did get butter beer for our snack and we got combo meals so we got our moneys worth. Outside of that I think it is almost a wash for savings. You really have to look at the prices to make it worth while. The good thing is you can buy it at the time so no need to get it and not use it. This time when we go we won't be doing any purchased meal plans. I can't speak for the full service plan.

Full service does not have you come out ahead financially
It is convenient for you to have the meal paid for in advance

Quick service you save a few bucks based on where you use the food plan

We had a change of plans and change of dates so it looks like we may not even bother with the dining plans at all. Can we do the butterbeer with the refillable mugs?

The refillable mugs don’t have the option for butterbeer

But about 5 years back they had a discount if you bought a butterbeer and brought back your B.B. mug

No idea if that is still valid
I quit bringing my original B.B. mug back with me

Last time we asked, they said the refill BB was the price of getting it in the disposable cup...which is a little cheaper than getting the collectible cup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter