Dining Plan Snacks That Are Like Meals

pershing

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for snack credits that are meal-like not desserts. So far, I only know of two:

Animal Kingdom Park-Eight Spoon Cafe-Mac and Cheese Pulled Pork Bowl (I'd prefer the shrimp instead of pulled pork but maybe not in a theme park.)

Magic Kingdom-Sleepy Hollow-Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich (Technically, you could consider this dessert, but with all the fresh fruit and the size of it, it's like a meal and dessert wrapped in one.)

Does anyone know of any others?

Last edited:
Magic Kingdom-Sleepy Hollow-Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich (Technically, you could consider this dessert, but with all the fresh fruit and the size of it, it's like a meal and dessert wrapped in one.)

Can't get this one for a snack credit; OOP only.

AK: Restaurantasaurus has chili cheese fries and clam chowder (1 credit each), Flame Tree has pulled pork fries, Pizzafari has tomato soup and garlic knots (1 credit each), Mr Kamal's has hummus, falafel and topped fries,

EP: Sunshine Seasons has lots of salads and soups, Joy of Tea in China has egg rolls and curry pockets, Boulangerie in France has lots of savory snack items, Sommerfest has baked mac n cheese

MK: Be Our Guest has soup at lunch only (need an ADR), Columbia Harbor has chili and chowder, Casey's Corner has chili cheese fries

And then there are the pretzels and popcorn everywhere.

Unfortunately I don't think the waffles are part of the dining plan

That's too bad. Well, it's a great deal for an out-of-pocket expense.

Animal Kingdom Park- Yak & Yeti QS has a chicken fried rice side dish that's a snack credit.

That's a good one! It seems like Animal Kingdom Park is a great place to use your snack credits, but it also has some of the best bargains for Quick Service Credits too.

AK: Restaurantasaurus has chili cheese fries and clam chowder (1 credit each), Flame Tree has pulled pork fries, Pizzafari has tomato soup and garlic knots (1 credit each), Mr Kamal's has hummus, falafel and topped fries,

EP: Sunshine Seasons has lots of salads and soups, Joy of Tea in China has egg rolls and curry pockets, Boulangerie in France has lots of savory snack items, Sommerfest has baked mac n cheese

MK: Be Our Guest has soup at lunch only (need an ADR), Columbia Harbor has chili and chowder, Casey's Corner has chili cheese fries

And then there are the pretzels and popcorn everywhere.

Wow! You've really thought about this! Is this from having a dining plan or finding inexpensive meals in the park? I, personally, wouldn't consider pretzels or popcorn a meal. Same goes for one egg roll, and unfortunately, I'm a Cape Codder who doesn't like Clam Chowder. I know, it's a sin, but there it is.

It seems like a lot of the places that are a great use of a Quick Service Credit are also a great use for a snack credit like Restaurantasaus' Burger plate, Flame Tree's biggest meal, Sunshine Seasons Asian Combo plate and Be Our Guest for their insanely priced breakfast.

I did not know you could get into Be Our Guest just to have soup on a Snack Credit with a reservation! I have a breakfast reservation that I can't cancel because I already told the kids! So I'm locked into the $25 Croissant Doughnuts.

Is there no meal-like QS snacks in Disney Studios? I know they have some worthy desserts.

What about the resorts? We are staying at OKW, but plan to eat at Port Orleans French Quarter to take advantage of a good value for a Quick Service Credit. It's probably too much of a hassle to go to a resort just for a snack credit.

Similar to the waffle, you can get a funnel cake at HS at Oasis Canteen with strawberries and ice cream for a snack credit. It's big enough to be a meal in itself and an awesome use of a snack credit ($8.49).

Wow! You've really thought about this! Is this from having a dining plan or finding inexpensive meals in the park? I, personally, wouldn't consider pretzels or popcorn a meal. Same goes for one egg roll, and unfortunately, I'm a Cape Codder who doesn't like Clam Chowder. I know, it's a sin, but there it is.

We are OOP people and many times prefer something light over a full meal.

The egg rolls are usually a two-fer, so pair that with the fried rice snack credit and two people (in my family) have a light meal. Same thing with a cheese pretzel or plain pretzel and a soup. DH is not much of a sweet eater, so these savory snacks are his go-to.

I don't know of any good savory snacks at HS. The Herbie cart on The Streets used to have some, but alas, it is gone. Perhaps when Toy Story and Star Wars open there will be a cart or QS with something for us non-sweet people.

What about the resorts? We are staying at OKW, but plan to eat at Port Orleans French Quarter to take advantage of a good value for a Quick Service Credit. It's probably too much of a hassle to go to a resort just for a snack credit.

Personally the BEST use of a QS credit is Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs. It's been a family favorite for many years. Everything is delicious. My favorite is the turkey Cobb salad. Hubby loves the rotisserie chicken. Cheesecake is very good so is the creme brûlée.

Also worth mentioning, if you a traveling during an Epcot Festival (Art, Flower or Food) the food booths use snack credits.

Outside of muffins/scones/etc at breakfast, you're gonna starve if you're depending on snack credits for meals.

Yeah, I imagine. We usually do breakfast in the hotel room. I mean, you can even make eggs in a microwave, so what's the point of eating breakfast in the parks? We all know the best time to be in the parks is right after opening. Eating breakfast is a waste of precious time, unless it's a character breakfast or Be Our Guest. I'm a 16:8 Intermittent Faster, so I usually skip breakfast anyway.

Similar to the waffle, you can get a funnel cake at HS at Oasis Canteen with strawberries and ice cream for a snack credit. It's big enough to be a meal in itself and an awesome use of a snack credit ($8.49).

Oh, the carbs and sugar though! It would definitely fill you up...and then make you crash later! lol. Although you're doing all that walking so maybe not...

We are OOP people and many times prefer something light over a full meal.

The egg rolls are usually a two-fer, so pair that with the fried rice snack credit and two people (in my family) have a light meal. Same thing with a cheese pretzel or plain pretzel and a soup.

That's a great idea! People think using their snack credits up is a given when they get a dining plan. However the two other times we had a dining plan, we had snack credits left the last day and went to our resort Quick Service restaurant and packed up stuff for the plane. I notice that it's a common occurrence. If you use sharonabe's match-ups on the snack credits, you could end up with 3 meals a day covered with the QS Plan!

I see people using their snack credits on mickey bars and sodas. I know to some it's a convenience thing, but I feel like saying, "You know, you're paying double for that soda when you use a snack credit?" It's the couponer in me!

Personally the BEST use of a QS credit is Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs.It's been a family favorite for many years. Everything is delicious. My favorite is the turkey Cobb salad. Hubby loves the rotisserie chicken. Cheesecake is very good so is the creme brûlée.

Also worth mentioning, if you a traveling during an Epcot Festival (Art, Flower or Food) the food booths use snack credits.

Thank you! I was wondering where to get a good value Quick Service meal in Disney Springs! We've never tried Wolfgang Puck Express. Are there any meal-like snacks in Disney Springs though? Probably not, since it's a restaurant area. The focus is already on meals.

I keep forgetting that you can use your snack credits at Food & Wine. It would depend on the portion size, I think. When I went, some of the booths had small stuff and others filled the plate.

Are there any meal-like snacks in Disney Springs though? Probably not, since it's a restaurant area. The focus is already on meals.

Yes! Bongos (the big pineapple shapped building) has a QS window. We love snacking on their empanadas and Papas Rellenas con Carne (stuffed potatoes with beef). They also have a pretty good Cuban sandwich served with fries for a QS credit. It's a big sandwich and very shareable. When we last stayed at PO-FQ, hubby took the boat down to Disney Springs to get us take out from Bongos while I stayed at the pool with the kids. Kinda crazy but we really enjoy their food.

We also enjoy Blaze Pizza in Disney Springs, but for there we'll pay OOP since a pizza is $5.95 and shareable.

And we're the family who waste snack credits on water and Mickey pops. We usually have a ridiculous amount of credits with four people over a 12 day vacation. We can never use them all on food. We always take 10 Mickey gingerbread cookies home, plus bags of trail mix, goofy gummies, etc... I have to be mindful to use them or I'd really lose them. There's just too many.

Currently debating the dining plan. Anyone have positive or negative ideas around them and if it is the best bet?

Currently debating the dining plan. Anyone have positive or negative ideas around them and if it is the best bet?

You probably need to start your own thread and give us more details of who, ages, and where you want to eat. The dining plans CAN be a good value, but it's not as easy as it seems.

We also enjoy Blaze Pizza in Disney Springs, but for there we'll pay OOP since a pizza is $5.95 and shareable.

The cheapest pizza I see on Blaze's menu is $7.25 and that's for a plain cheese pizza. Where did you get one for $5.95?

The cheapest pizza I see on Blaze's menu is $7.25 and that's for a plain cheese pizza. Where did you get one for $5.95?

They must have increased their prices since opening. ETA: I just checked online, all other Blaze locations offer a simple pie (cheese) for $5.95. The Disney Springs location used to as well.

There is a BOGO pizza offer available if you download their App. Disney Food Blog gave all the details in today’s email.

Last edited:
Yes! Bongos (the big pineapple shapped building) has a QS window. We love snacking on their empanadas and Papas Rellenas con Carne (stuffed potatoes with beef). They also have a pretty good Cuban sandwich served with fries for a QS credit. It's a big sandwich and very shareable. When we last stayed at PO-FQ, hubby took the boat down to Disney Springs to get us take out from Bongos while I stayed at the pool with the kids. Kinda crazy but we really enjoy their food.

And we're the family who waste snack credits on water and Mickey pops. We usually have a ridiculous amount of credits with four people over a 12 day vacation. We can never use them all on food. We always take 10 Mickey gingerbread cookies home, plus bags of trail mix, goofy gummies, etc... I have to be mindful to use them or I'd really lose them. There's just too many.

Oh no! Say it ain't so! You'll have to try some of the snack match-ups next time. I'm really experimenting to see if I can get my money's worth with the Quick Service Plan. Hence this thread. My challenge is to get $52.50 worth of Disney food a day, and not have to spend money on any other food items while there. I'm going to track everything, and post how I did when I get back. :thumbsup2I'll add that I plan to try and order the most expensive counter service alcoholic drinks too. So that'll go a long way to jacking up the price. I figure we will start getting feed back on what alcoholic drinks are being allowed on the QS Plan this week and next week.:drinking1

sharonable is right. It does depend on a bunch of things. We had free dining in 2008-the regular dining plan and my boys were still young enough that they didn't want to sit in a restaurant. They wanted to be out in the parks! So it was a waste.

Today, it would depend on which of my sons is going. My oldest is a 'fine diner' so if I was going with him, I would get the regular dining plan, but I'm going with my middle son and he's a fast food kinda guy so Quick Service Plan it is. I will say that I think the Deluxe Dining Plan is never a good value and I would never get it, because at the least you are wasting your park time sitting in a restaurant and with how much those tickets cost....

You also have to have a Magic Your Way Package through Disney Travel or be renting DVC Points to be able to add a dining plan. We are renting DVC- our first time at Old Key West. We always rent DVC except for the first trip at All Star Sports. We've never stayed at a moderate.

There is a BOGO pizza offer available if you download their App. Disney Food Blog gave all the details in today’s email.

Gee, thanks. I've been reading DFB lately. I learned today that Starring Rolls closed!:furious: There goes my sons' ginormous cinnamon roll snack credit! He's not happy.

Les Halles Boulangerie in EPCOT has ham and cheese croissants that are a snack credit. At least they were when we went last August.

Thanks so much. I always forget about France's bakery when looking for snacks. We are skipping EPCOT this time, but I hope it helps somebody else to remember to stop at the bakery. It's too bad Future World isn't open around breakfast time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts