Dining Plan Snacks That Are Like Meals

These are great- but on to bigger, more pressing issues. Like, when does the "Quick Service Restaurants with Alcohol" thread start? :drinking:

DH and I each got an order of tortilla chips at Pecos Bill for a snack credit and we got a TON of guacamole, cheese, etc off the toppings bar. Nice light meal.

Has anybody tried the build-your-own bowls or wraps at YeSake in Disney Springs? I was watching a Youtube video last night, and it looked amazing!

I did an image search on Google for the menu and it looks like they are all SNACK credits! They are $9.99 each!?!

Here is the video - the YeSake bit is at 4:45

Has anybody tried the build-your-own bowls or wraps at YeSake in Disney Springs? I was watching a Youtube video last night, and it looked amazing!

I did an image search on Google for the menu and it looks like they are all SNACK credits! They are $9.99 each!?!

Here is the video - the YeSake bit is at 4:45

They used to be snack credits, but I'm pretty sure they've removed the snack logo from their menu. allearsnet no longer has it on theirs and I know they used to.

Touring plans also does not list them as snacks. That menu was updated October 2017.

DH and I each got an order of tortilla chips at Pecos Bill for a snack credit and we got a TON of guacamole, cheese, etc off the toppings bar. Nice light meal.

Yeah, that works for me as a meal! Anything with cheese and guacamole. :daisy:

Actually Peco’s was on my list for a good value MK Quick Service credit. I was planning on pairing the $15.99 Taco Burger Entree with the $5.99 Strawberry Lemonade Slushy with Mickey straw. I guess one of us could get the taco burger and share some of the meat with the other person getting the snack tortilla chips, thereby saving a Quick Service credit. :flower2:

Outside of muffins/scones/etc at breakfast, you're gonna starve if you're depending on snack credits for meals.

Far from it.

At Pinocchio Village Haus you can easily get a meal based on snack credits. You can get Tomato Basil soup, Caesar salad, breadsticks and french fries, all on a snack credit. Tomato soup paired with salad or breadsticks, or salad and breadsticks, makes an excellent light lunch.

At Sleepy Hollow Snacks you can get a Mickey Waffle topped with strawberries and whipped cream with a snack credit, which is a filling breakfast for many people.

Liberty Square Market you can get pretzels, fruit, yogurt etc... For a light lunch, a pretzel and side of fruit would be fine.

Columbia Harbor House you can get clam chowder or chilli.

Casey's you can get french fries, chilli-cheese fries, or mac n cheese.

That's just at MK.

Far from it.

At Pinocchio Village Haus you can easily get a meal based on snack credits. You can get Tomato Basil soup, Caesar salad, breadsticks and french fries, all on a snack credit. Tomato soup paired with salad or breadsticks, or salad and breadsticks, makes an excellent light lunch.

At Sleepy Hollow Snacks you can get a Mickey Waffle topped with strawberries and whipped cream with a snack credit, which is a filling breakfast for many people.

Liberty Square Market you can get pretzels, fruit, yogurt etc... For a light lunch, a pretzel and side of fruit would be fine.

Columbia Harbor House you can get clam chowder or chilli.

Casey's you can get french fries, chilli-cheese fries, or mac n cheese.

That's just at MK.

I assume the OP was talking about single dining credit items as a meal...not combining snack credits to make up a meal.

There are a small handful of exceptions, but overall, you'll go hungry trying to make meals out of snacks...except for breakfast...which I mentioned.

Yeah, that works for me as a meal! Anything with cheese and guacamole. :daisy:

Actually Peco’s was on my list for a good value MK Quick Service credit. I was planning on pairing the $15.99 Taco Burger Entree with the $5.99 Strawberry Lemonade Slushy with Mickey straw. I guess one of us could get the taco burger and share some of the meat with the other person getting the snack tortilla chips, thereby saving a Quick Service credit. :flower2:

My sister and I have split the taco burger and both been stuffed. Just cut it in half and add cheese and guac, get lots more cheese and guac for the tortilla chips that come with it. You don't even need to use a snack credit for extra tortilla chips.

Note that some eateries have a QS DDP credit in front of the items that you can get as a QS credit and the have a separate snack thing as a snack credit. I've come across it a few times, and it can be confusing.

Here is an example from Bongo's. You can see the DDP credit next to the QS meals and a new Snack Credit symbol next to the items that are a snack credit:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-co...u-bongos-cuban-cafe-express-window.jpg?4ea792

Note that some eateries have a QS DDP credit in front of the items that you can get as a QS credit and the have a separate snack thing as a snack credit. I've come across it a few times, and it can be confusing.

Here is an example from Bongo's. You can see the DDP credit next to the QS meals and a new Snack Credit symbol next to the items that are a snack credit:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-co...u-bongos-cuban-cafe-express-window.jpg?4ea792

I certainly hope Disney is not changing ALL of their menu boards like this. That is VERY confusing to those who've used the DDP for years. Where do we write to tell them to NOT do this?

I certainly hope Disney is not changing ALL of their menu boards like this. That is VERY confusing to those who've used the DDP for years. Where do we write to tell them to NOT do this?
I don't think Disney is changing the menus. I think some third-party restaurants are limiting what options a dining plan guest can get with a QS credit and a snack credit. Not everything is included. So, that's why they have this contrived system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter