Dining reviews 11/6 - 11/12

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
Well, many things went haywire during my stormy, but ultimately fantastic, trip to WDW...Dining was not one of them - I had terrific meals all around.

Sunday, arrival day, I had dinner at my hotel - CSR at Toledo (such a beautiful restaurant).

I started with the addictive Pan con Tomate, which is thick toasted bread topped with a fresh tomato spread. Simple, but perfect. I’m now addicted to this dish. Soooo good.

Just now, I remembered that I ordered a side of shishito peppers as I adore them - wow, they were good.

Then I had the braised lamb with olive oil potato purée, huckleberry sauce and English peas. Also, delicious.

Dessert was the Creme Catalana and a coffee/chocolate thing that reminded me of a profiteroles (but not quite). We (myself, nephew and his GF) loved them,

This is a must-do again for me

Monday was Liberty Tree Tavern.

Honestly, I loved it. The salad was light, with a yummy dressing. I really enjoyed everything - the pork, brisket, the turkey (especially), the garlicky string beans (yummy - I LOVE garlic), the mashed potatoes AND steak fries (I asked for those, too...in fact, a double order. Yes, potatoes are my life, lol). I poured the brisket gravy over the fries...I wanted to shove them in my mouth, they were so good!

Dessert was that insanely addictive and gooey toffee cake ...that was incredibly swoon worthy !

*Lunch was at AK kiosk called Smiling Crocodile..the Street tacos were delicious, as were the nachos and salsa. It was desperately hard to eat in the monsoon, but I managed!

Dinner was at
Three Bridges. Wow, this is brilliant. I had the Pan con Tomate again, and one of the best burgers I’ve ever had - and that’s saying something. I love Manchego cheese - more places should offer it on burgers. The paprika fries were incredible..so, so, so delicious.

Dessert was tres leche cake with pineapple and toasted marshmallow...again, delicious. It was so perfect. If anyone hasn’t ever tried tres leches, I highly recommend it. It’s a moist cake made with 3 kinds of milk - condensed, whole and evaporated.

Wednesday dinner was Monsieur Paul, which was incredible. My review is in that thread.

Thursday was just a quickie at
Dahlia Lounge as Nicole was passing through. I had ham and cheese pressed sandwich and shrimp in a garlic and paprika sauce (I think). Delicious - the shrimp was addictive to the point I could have licked my fingers !

Friday was lunch at the Boathouse with my nephew. I LOVE lobster rolls, and this was sooo good - nice and light, with lemony mayo dressing. Skinny, skin on fries were yummy!

Friday night - just had a chicken tinga taco cone at 3 Rivers food Truck at DS - before Cirque. It really but the spot.

Saturday, I had brunch at
Homecoming.,,,it’s deservedly popular. The fried green tomatoes are extraordinary - the breading is light and greaseless, but crispy, and the tomatoes firm, but not hard. Loved the drizzle of remoulade sauce.

My main was the Hallelujah Biscuit - fried chicken on a cheddar biscuit with sawmill gravy, pimiento cheese, bacon and sunny side egg. Holy cow, this was good - woo much for one person, but who cares ? That boneless fried chicken was spectacular...I love pimiento cheese (impossible to find in NY; maybe I’ll have better luck in FL), and this was so gooey; it was perfect in the yummy, cheddary biscuit. Hallelujah is the right word, lol.

I also had a small taste of the short rib hash...sooo good.

the Hummingbird cake was amazing - tasted mostly like banana cake, with amazing frosting.

What a perfect way to end my stay,

I like that you have interesting places in your review - ones you don't hear much about.

I like that you have interesting places in your review - ones you don't hear much about.

A part of that was due to circmstances. I was supposed to go to Homecoming on Tuesday night with my nephew, who works there, but circumstances changed, so I ended up going on Sunday. We couldn’t figure out where we wanted to go - I had reservations at WBG, but even though he loves WBG, he wasn’t in the mood. Ultimately we started thinking of resorts, and Three Bridges came up.

I was really impressed with the tacos at Smiling Crocodile - and I just fell into that.

It’s amazing that for all that we plan Disney trips, sometimes the best times are those we don’t plan

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter